Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

In a way your lucky, you're European so you don't have to go to the whole process of changing the BMS yourself, apparently who ordered from Europe they just gonna have to send them in a warehouse in Germany and they will replace them for free.
I got in touch with Flora from Leili yesterday and she sent me a video and a PDF file on how to remove and install the new BMS, we'll see how it goes.
Interesting, Flora gave me the option to send it to a US retailor to replace the BMS, which im going to do

I've been following this thread for awhile. I have a MD750 ordered thru Leili, Cindy is my contact. I contacted her yesterday about the battery issue. She told me as soon as I receive the battery to send them to FTHPower. Go to their website and download paperwork for an RMA

It was F^#^@g hot today !

Attachments

• 268817.jpg
    268817.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 133
In a way your lucky, you're European so you don't have to go to the whole process of changing the BMS yourself, apparently who ordered from Europe they just gonna have to send them in a warehouse in Germany and they will replace them for free.
I got in touch with Flora from Leili yesterday and she sent me a video and a PDF file on how to remove and install the new BMS, we'll see how it goes.
How many wires do you have to solder? Does it look an easy task?

Interesting, Flora gave me the option to send it to a US retailor to replace the BMS, which im going to do
She sent me the video too with some daft info sheet. It’s a bit “ad hoc”. The battery they used in the video looks a bit “hmmm”! Watch what your doing bro, lithium is dangerous stuff when it goes up! Especially when it’s already not right to start with.

I fixed a couple of small things myself when the IGH started give up so she(Flora) thinks they can save a few £’s and get me to fix the battery myself too. I’ll have to think about that.

Bolton E-Bikes and Biktrix were selling these! i wonder if those battery packs were affected?

She sent me the video too with some daft info sheet. It’s a bit “ad hoc”. The battery they used in the video looks a bit “hmmm”! Watch what your doing bro, lithium is dangerous stuff when it goes up! Especially when it’s already not right to start with.

I fixed a couple of small things myself when the IGH started give up so she(Flora) thinks they can save a few £’s and get me to fix the battery myself too. I’ll have to think about that.
Hi guys, I have the MD1000 supposedly on the water after following the reviews on this thread but now this latest issue. Has anyone had any indication of a battery problem? From your bike experience does it look like an easy problem to resolve? Should I be asking for a refund?

Hi guys, I have the MD1000 supposedly on the water after following the reviews on this thread but now this latest issue. Has anyone had any indication of a battery problem? From your bike experience does it look like an easy problem to resolve? Should I be asking for a refund?
Yours may be ok as it’s new so may already have the updated BMS fitted. Wait till your bike comes then ask them. As far as fixing it, if you do need to so long as you have basic soldering skills you’ll be able to do the swap out. Lithium is real nasty when it goes up so I’d be very careful when you are around it. If the bike is gonna be kept Indoors just be careful or even keep it in a garage or shed if you can. I keep mine indoors so I’m a bit suspect about DIY-ing mine. I have all the tools and know a bit about electronics and soldering but dunno if I’d stake my house and family on it. Lol

Yours may be ok as it’s new so may already have the updated BMS fitted. Wait till your bike comes then ask them. As far as fixing it, if you do need to so long as you have basic soldering skills you’ll be able to do the swap out. Lithium is real nasty when it goes up so I’d be very careful when you are around it. If the bike is gonna be kept Indoors just be careful or even keep it in a garage or shed if you can. I keep mine indoors so I’m a bit suspect about DIY-ing mine. I have all the tools and know a bit about electronics and soldering but dunno if I’d stake my house and family on it. Lol
Thanks Terry. You instill a lot of confidence and you are a positive person. I will contact the agent later and ask some questions. The first person to get the issue resolved may choose to post some results for all to see.

Thanks Terry. You instill a lot of confidence and you are a positive person. I will contact the agent later and ask some questions. The first person to get the issue resolved may choose to post some results for all to see.
Update Terry, I was assured that the bike will be ok because they took it back from the shippers to update the BMS. Meanwhile, they are contacting past customers about the issue.

Update Terry, I was assured that the bike will be ok because they took it back from the shippers to update the BMS. Meanwhile, they are contacting past customers about the issue.
That’s good news buddy. At least you can get out on your bike when you get it, no waiting about or anything. I’m going to do the change out myself. I think I might sell mine once I do the battery. I’ve had my fun on it. We’ll see. 👍

What a nightmare! My bike just "arrived" in port. It's been sitting off the coast for over a week waiting to dock. Now I get this message about the battery swap. WTF! I ordered this God forsaken bike in January.

What a nightmare! My bike just "arrived" in port. It's been sitting off the coast for over a week waiting to dock. Now I get this message about the battery swap. WTF! I ordered this God forsaken bike in January.
Yup it’s a PITA for sure! The fix looks quite easy but as I’ve said before lithium goes up like a box of fireworks so check then check your work again before you button your batteries back up. They are also offering a place in USA and one in Europe that will do the work under warranty. You just send your batteries to get fixed and Leili will reimburse you. I know it’s a pain but they are great bikes for zipping around so you’ll love it once it’s done. You didn’t get the IGH did you?

I've been following this thread for awhile. I have a MD750 ordered thru Leili, Cindy is my contact. I contacted her yesterday about the battery issue. She told me as soon as I receive the battery to send them to FTHPower. Go to their website and download paperwork for an RMA
Hey Scrambled, just curios, is Leili picking up the cost to shipping/evaluate/replacement of the 2 batteries for your bike?
thx,
LB

Back