Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Push the washer into the throat buddy. I think once you put it back together you have it all correct. Here is a video on how to set your derailleur up once you have it all back together.

Search YouTube for “Adjust Sram rear mech”
Thank you very much for your help Terry, I finally mounted my derailleur with your help, look at the pictures is that correct?

Attachments

• 1626901418100.jpg
    1626901418100.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20210721_224131.jpg
    IMG_20210721_224131.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20210721_224149.jpg
    IMG_20210721_224149.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20210721_224158.jpg
    IMG_20210721_224158.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210721_224208.jpg
    IMG_20210721_224208.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 132
Thank you very much for your help Terry, I finally mounted my derailleur with your help, look at the pictures is that correct?
Yes, looks good buddy. Well done. 👍

Have you fine tuned it yet? So I moves through the gears nice and smooth?

Yes, looks good buddy. Well done. 👍

Have you fine tuned it yet? So I moves through the gears nice and smooth?
I haven't finished the assembly yet, I can't wait to get on it and test this fabulous bike, I'll leave you a comment to give you my first impressions buddy.
Thank you again for your help.

I haven't finished the assembly yet, I can't wait to get on it and test this fabulous bike, I'll leave you a comment to give you my first impressions buddy.
Thank you again for your help.
Awesome, looking forward to hearing how you get on. 👍

Make sure to search YouTube for

“Adjust Sram rear mech”

it really helped me with the final set up.

Hey gang, looking at buying two spare batteries. Where is the best place to snag them? And if you’ve bought backups, how much were they? Thanks!

Hi guys,
See attached photos. It looks that my rear hub is done. I emailed Leilli for a quote for a new SRAM system and they said $500. I know some paid $400 , how did you convince them to ship it for $400? Was the shipping air or ground ?

Attachments

• B87B55C7-8829-464F-980A-3EB4D4E2144E.jpeg
    B87B55C7-8829-464F-980A-3EB4D4E2144E.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 151
In addition to my question concerning the spare batteries, has anyone looked into a solar charger for their bikes while they are hunting, fishing, pulling over for lunch etc?

Hi guys,
See attached photos. It looks that my rear hub is done. I emailed Leilli for a quote for a new SRAM system and they said $500. I know some paid $400 , how did you convince them to ship it for $400? Was the shipping air or ground ?
Mine was quoted air and it was around $400. I wouldn’t recommend getting the parts from them. I was able to source quality parts here in the states for roughly same price. I’d have a reputable wheel maker build you a new rear hub, mine was made with a DT Swiss big ride hub and Surly rim with a surly Lou tire. The front gear ring is steel and very heavy you would get from them, and I believe 44 tooth. I got a wolf tooth front ring. All you need to know is it’s a 130 BCD and you can find one stateside. I went with a 38 tooth for better low end climbing ability.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 134
Hey gang, looking at buying two spare batteries. Where is the best place to snag them? And if you’ve bought backups, how much were they? Thanks!
I’m sure RMK got a couple extra batteries. $275 per battery. It’ll be on this thread a few pages back. I’m sure if you order them when you buy your bike it’s $200 a battery.

I’m sure RMK got a couple extra batteries. $275 per battery. It’ll be on this thread a few pages back. I’m sure if you order them when you buy your bike it’s $200 a battery.
Leili wants to charge me $240 shipping for two batteries. Was hoping to find them cheaper stateside. Better yet, if anyone is planning on buying a bike from them, throw a couple batteries on the order and I’ll pay for em and shipping to me when you get them!!

H
Hi guys,
You have to let them know you’re not happy and your bike is under warranty. It’s there job to look after you. If you just ask “hey, how much is this”? They will take your cash. I know they don’t honour their warranty and stuff but you gotta haggle. Treat them as they treat you buddy.

Génial, j'ai hâte de savoir comment vous vous en sortez 👍

Assurez-vous de rechercher sur YouTube

« Régler le mécanisme arrière Sram »

cela m'a vraiment aidé avec la configuration finale.
salut terry j'ai un problème avec le vélo le dérailleur a sauté avec la chaîne donc je n'ai pas pu monter le vélo et la jante de la roue arrière est déformée j'ai envoyé un mail à leilli je vais voir ce qu'il est proposé mais je suis déçu par ça

Attachments

• 1627464789172.jpg
    1627464789172.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 1627464789565.jpg
    1627464789565.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 1627464789649.jpg
    1627464789649.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 136
I find it disturbing that Bikonit, Bolton and the Alibaba OEM's are still selling the Sturmey Archer RX-RK5 IGH drivetrain on the MD 1000. I was just on the Bolton Ebikes website and they have the "Warthog" version of the MD1000 "on sale" with only the SA IGH option. They aren't even offering the SRAM option ???

Based upon the large number of failures reported here and, Strumey Archers claims that they won't honor the warranty on this drivetrain when used with a 1000W mid-drive motor, it seems unconscionable that these companies are still selling these ebikes.

The MD 1000 with the SRAM chain drive is a good performing/value ebike and the Rohloff IGH looks to be a good if expensive choice for using an IGH on the MD 1000. The Sturmey Archer RX-RK5 is simply not up to the task of shifting when used with a powerful ebike motor. This thread alone contains many painful descriptions of such failures and I'm sure that these reports are only the tip of the iceberg.

Being as I started this Thread and was an early fan of the IGH tech used, ultimately the finnicky nature that led to ultimate failure of the SA IGH was very disappointing. I managed to eek a couple of thousand miles out of the SA IGH but it was not without a lot of time and effort. The only way to avoid the failure of this fragile drivetrain is not to use it much. For those of you who infrequently ride and when you do you are very careful not to shift under power you might actually be OK ... for awhile. For the rest, it is inevitable that this critical component will fail and be very time consuming and expensive to remedy.

As it turns out, Biktrix was the only company to realize the fragility of the SA IGH and they never offered it on their Juggernaut Ultra Beast version of the MD 1000. IMO. That puts them in the category of smart people who care about their products reliability. As for the others, you can draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
They for sure sure shouldn’t be selling it with the IGH no more! It’s no loss to them though as 90% of buyers are coming right back a few weeks later to spend between $250 and $500 for a new drive train! It just depends how much dust you kick up, or not as to what they try and charge you for it. One of the only things new owners have going for them is they are directed here when searching on the internet for info on that model of bike. I bet more than a couple owe you a beer RMK for saving them a huge chunk of cash by starting this thread. If they ain’t a little internet-wise they get no warning and whoever sells them one of these bikes is rubbing their hands! After all the feedback from just this group they should have changed it to Sram. Nothing more than thieves if you ask me.

salut terry j'ai un problème avec le vélo le dérailleur a sauté avec la chaîne donc je n'ai pas pu monter le vélo et la jante de la roue arrière est déformée j'ai envoyé un mail à leilli je vais voir ce qu'il est proposé mais je suis déçu par ça
Ce n'est pas bon, mon ami. J'aimerais que nous vivions les uns aux autres et que je puisse vous aider. Vous n'avez peut-être qu'une mauvaise partie ou quelque chose. Tiens-moi au courant de ton fonctionnement. J'espère que tu vas le réparer bientôt. Tissu éponge

Yes at Leilli told me they were having lots of complaints with the belt drive and recommended switching to the derailleur setup. Surprised Bolton still sells the belt model as he seems very friendly in his YouTube videos.

I sure am unlucky, my bike is stuck in the Yantian port due to a severe Typhoon there and the boat couldn’t dock.

Yes at Leilli told me they were having lots of complaints with the belt drive and recommended switching to the derailleur setup. Surprised Bolton still sells the belt model as he seems very friendly in his YouTube videos.

I sure am unlucky, my bike is stuck in the Yantian port due to a severe Typhoon there and the boat couldn’t dock.
Damn bro, I hope they get moving soon and you get your bike ASAP!

Anyone selling these should be refusing to fit the IGH as a very high % of this group has had them break beyond repair and everyone has had to pay “again” to get the Sram from them. I’d say that those numbers of broken IGH must be the same across the board unless we’re a weird group.
Has anyone had this problem with a Bolton bought bike does anyone know?

Ce n'est pas bon, mon ami. J'aimerais que nous vivions les uns aux autres et que je puisse vous aider. Vous n'avez peut-être qu'une mauvaise partie ou quelque chose. Tiens-moi au courant de ton fonctionnement. J'espère que tu vas le réparer bientôt. Tissu éponge
Merci Terry pour ta réponse, bonne nouvelle j'ai enfin réussi à remonter le dérailleur et ça marche bien, j'avais mal placée la pièce avec la rondelle. J'ai fait un peu de vélo et j'en suis très content.
Par contre la jante arrière a été choquée pendant le transport et elle est voilée, j'ai envoyé un mail à Leilli et ils m'enverront une nouvelle jante avec les rayons, j'attends le colis. I will take pictures and I will post them with my driving impressions

Attachments

• IMG-20210731-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210731-WA0000.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 112
Hi Wendigo,
Until now I had no choice but to ride with the fork completely locked, I'm an heavy weight too and when I'm on the bike the fork gets completely compressed but now I will try some adjustments by turning the red cap as you suggested.
This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, but 110lbs !?
I'm 265lbs and I thought 80lbs was the maximum, from 80 to 110 there is 30lbs of difference, what is your fork model ?
Sorry I missed this months ago.
RT-150 air forks on my HD750 Bikes

Back