Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I’m getting my SRAM swap out this week. Anyone who has swapped it out, any advice or gotchas?
It’s easy buddy. Everything only fits one way so it’s fool proof. I watched a YouTube vid on how to set the Sram derailleur up before I started and it’s real easy to follow. Only took me 4 hours over two days and I was doing other things in between and not rushing going back and forth. Probably a couple of hours max if your concentrating on just that, easy work too. You’ll be good 👍

I wonder how the Kindernay will hold up when it’s sold “to the masses” or even just us guys. I would be sceptical. That is just my opinion though. I’m no engineer or mechanic that’s for sure. Just going on the fact the SA IGH was obviously thought to be “good”, nearly all of us tore through that in no time and none of us are pro or anything near. Just guys who like out on our bike.

I really think the Sram does so well because when you push the trigger shifter it cuts the power and doesn’t actually perform the shift until the shifter is released, so the change is done while little to no power is going through the drive train. I sometimes even touch the brake just enough to cut power before shifting depending how I am riding so I am as easy on the drive train as possible. I also hold the trigger an extra second sometimes too before I release again to make sure the drive train is under as little stress as possible. The Sram is so easy to work on too. I love it so far and won’t change it if it keeps working like it has done.

RMK has turned into a MTB snob and only comes back here to look down in disgust at us mere cheapskates now. I heard he has NASA designing his next bike. Dunno if it’s true… lmao!! 😁
Unlike the Sturmey Archer, the Kindernay was designed for ebike use. As tykoehn said, it has the highest torque rating of any IGH so theoretically it should be a good match for Ultra motor equipped ebikes. While it has it's good points, the MD 1000 is a a bit of a Frankenstein bike with many rough edges. I put a lot of miles on it in a short time and began to feel that it was not a question of if would fail, but when. The Bafang Ultra is purported to be the "diesel of ebike motors" implying reliability and longevity. To me, the only valid comparison to diesel is the noise it makes.

So yeah, I'm pretty much done with the cool looking, decent handling and very powerful MD 1000. It was a risky buy and I got what I paid for with a direct from China pandemic built ebike. With as much riding as I do, I needed something more reliable and frankly better quality. As they say, horses for courses.

Oh and it would be SpaceX that would be designing my next ebike, not NASA. You need to get with the times Terry. ;-)

Hi J3on, are you going to be adding a rear light to your bike? Have you tried it yet and can you share the procedure if you try it?
Hi RC001, I don't have my taillight yet but I can still tell you that the procedure is pretty straightforward.
You only need to get the cable from greenebikekit.com, they sell a kit with a female and male cables but you will need the female cable only.
Once the cable is connected you just have to pass it through the different holes that are in the frame up to your taillight and connect the positive and the negative wires of the cable with those of the taillight. Take note that the cable it's not related to the break line so a conventional breaking taillight will not light when you use your brakes but you can always get those taillight with motion detector, the light get stronger when it detects the bike stops.
The cable provides 6V current so make sure your taillight works with this voltage, look for 6V smart breaking taillight, Aliexpress sales them cheaper than Amazon but the delivery time it's longer.

How long does the boat ride from China take? I got a message June 21 with a FedEx tracking number. They said that the bike was just put on the boat.

How long does the boat ride from China take? I got a message June 21 with a FedEx tracking number. They said that the bike was just put on the boat.
The times have been all over the place with COVID, anywhere from 3-5 weeks roughly then you may or may not get a quick jump through at the other end. A couple of the guys in this thread found an app to track the boat journey. They may chime in. Hope you get your bike soon buddy.

Hi RC001, I don't have my taillight yet but I can still tell you that the procedure is pretty straightforward.
You only need to get the cable from greenebikekit.com, they sell a kit with a female and male cables but you will need the female cable only.
Once the cable is connected you just have to pass it through the different holes that are in the frame up to your taillight and connect the positive and the negative wires of the cable with those of the taillight. Take note that the cable it's not related to the break line so a conventional breaking taillight will not light when you use your brakes but you can always get those taillight with motion detector, the light get stronger when it detects the bike stops.
The cable provides 6V current so make sure your taillight works with this voltage, look for 6V smart breaking taillight, Aliexpress sales them cheaper than Amazon but the delivery time it's longer.
Thanks for the information J3ON.

It is rated for 200 lbs. I put my MD 1000 70lbs and my wife's ebike (60lbs) on it with no problems. It's easy to load (if you can lift them) and worked well for me on a couple of 500 mile trips. Take off the batteries and you'll be fine.

It is rated for 200 lbs. I put my MD 1000 70lbs and my wife's ebike (60lbs) on it with no problems. It's easy to load (if you can lift them) and worked well for me on a couple of 500 mile trips. Take off the batteries and you'll be fine.
Do you put a cover on it?

Did anyone run across this piece being hard to get aligned for the rod to screw in?
33D3129B-9894-41C1-8825-73B4CEC879B0.jpeg

T
Did anyone run across this piece being hard to get aligned for the rod to screw in?View attachment 91865
Did anyone run across this piece being hard to get aligned for the rod to screw in?View attachment 91865
Are you talking about the quick release rod that goes right through the wheel? If so mine took a bit of wiggling, and was still tight the next couple of times too. I also think it’ll be tight the next time I have to take it off. It performs just fine otherwise.

Well crud............... just tried to order the Northern Tool bike rack and it initially says it is in stock but when you try to check out it removes from the cart and says it is discontinued. I may have to make one. :(

Well crud............... just tried to order the Northern Tool bike rack and it initially says it is in stock but when you try to check out it removes from the cart and says it is discontinued. I may have to make one. :(
I seriously just bought it yesterday

Finally received my shock pump, from 80 went up to 150psi, WOW what a difference!
I went out just to test it but I ended up with a 7hrs ride up north!
For those who have the RST Renegade fork here is the psi-weight sheet.......and some pictures of my little ride.

Attachments

• 20210701_200453.jpg
    20210701_200453.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20210701_200810.jpg
    20210701_200810.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 20210702_081642.jpg
    20210702_081642.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 20210702_082412.jpg
    20210702_082412.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 176
Finally received my shock pump, from 80 went up to 150psi, WOW what a difference!
I went out just to test it but I ended up with a 7hrs ride up north!
For those who have the RST Renegade fork here is the psi-weight sheet.......and some pictures of my little ride.
That is some very good info. I'm going to try it out today ...

Back