Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

For sure $130 is nothing if it saves you worrying about flats. I really hope they work out as that’s a couple of you guys who’ve had problems with flats. That’s the good thing about this group, there are a few of us to help solve problems and bounce ideas around. Hope you’ve found your fix brother.

For sure $130 is nothing if it saves you worrying about flats. I really hope they work out as that’s a couple of you guys who’ve had problems with flats. That’s the good thing about this group, there are a few of us to help solve problems and bounce ideas around. Hope you’ve found your fix brother.
Thanks. Was the installation "easy"? I don't think getting a tire back on is easy to start with, and it's worse with the volume of the insert, but they're thick and I find the runflat claim credible though I didn't test it. The second one was easier, so I can believe it could become easy for someone who installs a lot of them (like 5 sets). Instructions say to partially inflate the tube, which I did on the first one, just enough for it to have a round shape, and that was too much, had to squeeze the air back out to get the tire on. Might be why the second went easier. When I filled them to 12psi, they seemed firm and bouncy. First test was brief because after dark, but they seem to ride okay, and I did notice the bump at the front of my driveway seemed smoother. Time will tell if they actually prevent flats.

If biktrix had sent me the 3" tires ordered, the inserts I ordered for $90 would have worked, but I can't gripe too much because they gave me 5% off as a holiday sale, almost $200.

Mine should get here today, and yeah, I paid $130 total. At least the fat tire version doesn't require different tubes.

Install tonight, long ride tomorrow, by Sunday I should be able to report if I have another flat.

Also, I just ordered a chain guard from bbgbashguard.com, shipped this morning. These guys make it way easier than Amazon to find the right size, and they're in Portland, so shipping in US should be quick. My chain ring from biktrix is 44-tooth, with 5 holes spaced approx 3" apart. That means it has a 130mm bolt circle diameter (BCD). If your spacing is different, with 4 holes you just measure across. With 5, you have to imagine the circle connecting the 5 holes, and then measure from a hole to the point on the opposite side of that imaginary circle. No, you can't be exact, but these things come in standard sizes, frex 130 and 135mm, so you should be able to tell which your guestimate is closest to.
I mis-stated - 3" spacing (75mm) between adjacent bolt holes yields 135mm BCD. BBG Bashguard doesn't sell a 44T 135mm BCD - I'm waiting to hear back if I can use a larger one.

I finally actually got a Bikonit manual from Leili . Should I post it here or is there some other thread for it ?
Thanks

I mis-stated - 3" spacing (75mm) between adjacent bolt holes yields 135mm BCD. BBG Bashguard doesn't sell a 44T 135mm BCD - I'm waiting to hear back if I can use a larger one.
I checked and they (BBG Bashguard) do not make a guard for the Bafang belt front sprocket. Kyle at Bolton has indicated he might make one. I got a pant leg caught in the belt and ripped the jeans and unseated the belt. The belt was easy to field refit but the jeans are toast so I'm in the market for a guard for the Bafang belt drive front sprocket.

I checked and they (BBG Bashguard) do not make a guard for the Bafang belt front sprocket. Kyle at Bolton has indicated he might make one. I got a pant leg caught in the belt and ripped the jeans and unseated the belt. The belt was easy to field refit but the jeans are toast so I'm in the market for a guard for the Bafang belt drive front sprocket.
Lol

Kyle at Bolton has indicated he might make one.
Thanks, I'll email him.

Where I live, we have 3 seasons, hot mild, and windy. Now that I can finally ride with confidence in my tires and the security of my batteries, the windy season started, so I still had no good opportunity to get a performance baseline. On fairly level ground with easy cadence, Eco 1 yields 21mph with the wind and Turbo 5 yields 10mph into it. Downhill crosswind 13mph considerably less boost from gravity than from wind. Battery percent meter jumped back up whenever a gust abated. The biggest was when I turned around to head home because the display showed only 45% remaining, but with the wind at my back it jumped to 55%. There was one section of level ground, crosswind at the time, but the wind was blocked by a hill, where I let her rip and hit 32mph. Not sure if I had a partial assist vector from wind but I suspect not, as that speed seems consistent with expectations for Bafang Ultra. In all, only 14 miles, which finally took me over 100 total. I expected to have far more by this point, but for today's ride, into the wind cost for more than with the wind saves, and it's hard to tell how far I can go on the outbound leg and have enough to get home. I finished with a third of a charge remaining, but I was pretty profligate as I neared home and realized I turned back sooner than I had to.

EDIT: Testing with GPS, I've found my speedometer reads a bit low (over 10%), so when I said above that I hit 32mph on level ground, it was prolly 36. I should add that shortly thereafter I hit a steep winding downhill where I got up close to 50 but the cars go 80, and if I'd had to swerve onto shoulder it had enough sand and pebbles strewn across that I'd have wiped out. I did not feel safe at that speed with only a styrofoam helmet.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll email him.

Where I live, we have 3 seasons, hot mild, and windy. Now that I can finally ride with confidence in my tires and the security of my batteries, the windy season started, so I still had no good opportunity to get a performance baseline. On fairly level ground with easy cadence, Eco 1 yields 21mph with the wind and Turbo 5 yields 10mph into it. Downhill crosswind 13mph considerably less boost from gravity than from wind. Battery percent meter jumped back up whenever a gust abated. The biggest was when I turned around to head home because the display showed only 45% remaining, but with the wind at my back it jumped to 55%. There was one section of level ground, crosswind at the time, but the wind was blocked by a hill, where I let her rip and hit 32mph. Not sure if I had a partial assist vector from wind but I suspect not, as that speed seems consistent with expectations for Bafang Ultra. In all, only 14 miles, which finally took me over 100 total. I expected to have far more by this point, but for today's ride, into the wind cost for more than with the wind saves, and it's hard to tell how far I can go on the outbound leg and have enough to get home. I finished with a third of a charge remaining, but I was pretty profligate as I neared home and realized I turned back sooner than I had to.
What model did you get and did you get it from Leili? Those figures and the battery sag seem totally different from what I get. My bike seems to give me much more all round.

What model did you get and did you get it from Leili? Those figures and the battery sag seem totally different from what I get. My bike seems to give me much more all round.
Hi Terry, as I stated upthread, no, I did not get my bike direct from Leili, got Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast. Frame, motor, batteries and most components are the same, I think ordered as a unit from Leili, but they use a house-branded front fork and an 11-speed SRAM cassette instead of IGH. 44T chain ring, 11-42T cassette. I mostly stay in high gear (4:1 ratio), but riding into 50mph headwind I was getting better progress in the upper mid-range (around 3:1). With same motor, frame, and batteries as direct-from-Leili MD100, I should get comparable performance. I know most people get their bikes dialed-in eventually, but I was hoping to have a lot less hassle getting to that point by ordering from a company with Biktrix' reputation. Unfortunately, I have had hassles small and large, so the only real advantage I got was faster delivery.It took more than a month to solve my problem with flat tires (5 in less than 100 miles) and get the battery d\security sorted, and I still need to find a chain guard to prevent throwing the chain, and I've got fix 2 stripped bolt holes that hold the basket.

That said, since moving to this area, the extreme riding conditions (heat, wind, hills, sand) have defeated my annual efforts to get back into shape on a conventional bike, so without my ebike I wouldn't be riding at all. I still think something with the performance of the MD1000 or variant is the right choice, for if I can only count on 25 miles from a dual-battery bike, I'd get even less on a typical ebike.

Last edited:
Hi Terry, as I stated upthread, no, I did not get my bike direct from Leili, got Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast. Frame, motor, batteries and most components are the same, I think ordered as a unit from Leili, but they use a house-branded front fork and an 11-speed SRAM cassette instead of IGH. 44T chain ring, 11-42T cassette. I mostly stay in high gear (4:1 ratio), but riding into 50mph headwind I was getting better progress in the upper mid-range (around 3:1). With same motor, frame, and batteries as direct-from-Leili MD100, I should get comparable performance. I know most people get their bikes dialed-in eventually, but I was hoping to have a lot less hassle getting to that point by ordering from a company with Biktrix' reputation. Unfortunately, I have had hassles small and large, so the only real advantage I got was faster delivery.It took more than a month to solve my problem with flat tires (5 in less than 100 miles) and get the battery d\security sorted, and I still need to find a chain guard to prevent throwing the chain, and I've got fix 2 stripped bolt holes that hold the basket.

That said, since moving to this area, the extreme riding conditions (heat, wind, hills, sand) have defeated my annual efforts to get back into shape on a conventional bike, so without my ebike I wouldn't be riding at all. I still think something with the performance of the MD1000 or variant is the right choice, for if I can only count on 25 miles from a dual-battery bike, I'd get even less on a typical ebike.
Ah cool, I remember. So many now and so many different set ups it’s hard to keep track what everyone has. Lol

Ah cool, I remember. So many now and so many different set ups it’s hard to keep track what everyone has. Lol
Yeah, this 44 page thread is getting a little hard to navigate and as more owners get their bikes, it would be nice to see some different threads appear. @tykoehn1 had mentioned creating an MD 1000 setup thread (no pressure ;-) ) and that would obviously be a good idea considering the undocumented nature of these generic offerings. I'm still waiting on that Bikonit manual mentioned above ...

Yeah, this 44 page thread is getting a little hard to navigate and as more owners get their bikes, it would be nice to see some different threads appear. @tykoehn1 had mentioned creating an MD 1000 setup thread (no pressure ;-) ) and that would obviously be a good idea considering the undocumented nature of these generic offerings. I'm still waiting on that Bikonit manual mentioned above ...
Yup, agree totally. Maybe 1 for the MD and 1 for the HD to start with and see where that goes. A thread for the manual would probably be a good idea too? Maybe another for accessories?
It would defo be better than everything all in one big thread.

There you go.... started!

Can whoever post a link to the manual in the new thread please? Ty. 👍👍

There’s one for all the stuff we absolutely “need” for our bikes too! 😁 Fill your boots guys!!

Howdy all. Nice forum , I just registered today to contribute my experiences moving forward.
I have 3 ebikes ordered 2 of them HD750 models. Ordered up 2 HD750 bikes December 1st. They were supposedly shipped Jan 7th.
Waiting game now.. I will post when I get my hands on them.
HD750 bikes.jpg

Also ordered a single battery bike of different style for the wife.
750 Hub drive 48v 17.5
Ordered this one Dec 2nd and it was "shipped" Jan 11th

TBike.jpg

✌️

Howdy all. Nice forum , I just registered today to contribute my experiences moving forward.
I have 3 ebikes ordered 2 of them HD750 models. Ordered up 2 HD750 bikes December 1st. They were supposedly shipped Jan 7th.
Waiting game now.. I will post when I get my hands on them.
View attachment 79696

Also ordered a single battery bike of different style for the wife.
750 Hub drive 48v 17.5
Ordered this one Dec 2nd and it was "shipped" Jan 11th

View attachment 79697

✌️
Welcome buddy! Hope you enjoy the group! Loads of info on the HD and more to come as more ppl take delivery... 🙂

Back