Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Leili a une version à double batterie répertoriée sur Alibaba . C'est ce que j'ai commandé et son prix est plus élevé que la version 1 batterie. Ces vélos électriques dirige l'usine ont des marges minces et le seul moyen de les obtenir moins chers est de les utiliser pour des pièces moins chères ou de négocier un meilleur prix via une commande de plusieurs vélos, comme l'a indiqué tykoehn1. Des entreprises comme Biktrix et Bikonit / Bolton commandent quelques centaines d'unités à la fois, alors bien sûr, elles obtiennent des prix nets. Honnêtement, je ne sais pas ce que je ferais avec les 199 vélos supplémentaires de toute façon ...:)

Exact and the price is still very interesting especially for me in France I have no other dealer for this bike

Hi guys,
New on the forum that I read from the beginning because I am interested in the MD 1000 that I plan to buy.
I am in France in Normandy and here there are beautiful walks on the coasts and on the Normandy beaches.
this forum looks very active (well done guys) and that's also why i signed up.
Sorry for my broken English but it's a google translation;)
I hesitated for a long time between MD1000 with belt and MD1000 with chain with 9-speed SRAM but I chose MD1000 with chain because the belt seems to me more fragile and less reliable (to see over time).
I also hesitated between Leili and Steamoon which I had already seen on Alibaba but I believe I will order from Leilli because the price difference is not that big if you upgrade the Steamon bike to have the same equipment that Leili (fork, E725 brakes, 9 speed SRAM) there is a difference of $ 300, at Steamoon no possibility to put a front rack (there are no holes in the frame) or a rack back.
Otherwise the bikes are very similar and the options at Steamon are easier. In fact the price difference is the battery because at Steamon the price of the bike is with the 2 batteries at Leilli the price of the bike is with 1 single battery if you want the two batteries you have to add $ 270.
The deadline announced by Leili and Steamoon for France is identical, a shipment at the end of March at the beginning of April ... with a delivery at the door around the month of May.
I will place my order in the next few days and keep you posted on the rest
Do some research buddy. The belt drive seems to last 3 or 4 times as long as the best chains according to people who have real world experience of both. Much less and easier maintaining too.

Welcome Bulldog. I agree with you on the cassette vs IGH, but at the same time, technology tends to get better and cheaper, and I like that the frame will accommodate upgrade to belt if that happens, at some future date when I have money again.

MD1000 only comes stock with one battery? My impression was that it had 2, but you could order a spare (which sounds prudent). Did the rest of you guys have to pay extra for second battery? You'll make me feel better about ordering from Biktrix if you did.
I paid £200 extra for the 2nd battery which is peanuts for 15 Ah. It also has the newer 21700 LG cells over the Samsung 18650’s. It’s a no brainier for such a heavy bike.

Unfortunately price has gone up to $270 per battery, plus $160 shipping, and not much shipping discouunt on quantity. If I could get the spares at no extra shipping cost because they were coming in same box as bike, I'd agree it's a no brainer and I'd ask for more than one. If you buy them later, they'll cost more. Biktrix Beast comes stock with two but additional cost thrice what you paid.

Unfortunately price has gone up to $270 per battery, plus $160 shipping, and not much shipping discouunt on quantity. If I could get the spares at no extra shipping cost because they were coming in same box as bike, I'd agree it's a no brainer and I'd ask for more than one. If you buy them later, they'll cost more. Biktrix Beast comes stock with two but additional cost thrice what you paid.
You could maybe ask in the thread for anyone who’s bike is still to be shipped. Add an extra battery on to their order. It’s a bit of a faf but it’ll save you a small fortune. The HD750 and MD1000 is the same battery so anyone will do then it’s only shipping within the US. I’m sure you’ll get someone and everyone in the group seems willing to help each other. You’re in the US right?

Absolutely, in California (but still a long drive from RMK). And that sounds like a great idea. Any takers? And if not, does anyone else anticipate needing more batteries? It might make sense to coordinate a group order after we've all been riding a few months. I'm in a hurry to get my bike, but I can be more patient on spare batteries.

Absolutely, in California (but still a long drive from RMK). And that sounds like a great idea. Any takers? And if not, does anyone else anticipate needing more batteries? It might make sense to coordinate a group order after we've all been riding a few months. I'm in a hurry to get my bike, but I can be more patient on spare batteries.
I don’t know how much difference it makes but the Leili ones are LG and the Sunmoon or whatever are Samsung. The LG are the newer ones but I’m sure it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. I’m sure someone will read these posts who’s bike has still to ship so you may get a holler. Would be nice right? If I speak to anyone still waiting I’ll send them your way.

RMK! said:
Leili a une version à double batterie répertoriée sur Alibaba . C'est ce que j'ai commandé et son prix est plus élevé que la version 1 batterie. Ces vélos électriques dirige l'usine ont des marges minces et le seul moyen de les obtenir moins chers est de les utiliser pour des pièces moins chères ou de négocier un meilleur prix via une commande de plusieurs vélos, comme l'a indiqué tykoehn1. Des entreprises comme Biktrix et Bikonit / Bolton commandent quelques centaines d'unités à la fois, alors bien sûr, elles obtiennent des prix nets. Honnêtement, je ne sais pas ce que je ferais avec les 199 vélos supplémentaires de toute façon ...:)

My French is pretty good ... No?

RMK! said:

My French is pretty good ... No?
Oui RMK votre Français est parfait👍 bravo !

Faites un peu de recherche. L'entraînement par courroie semble durer 3 ou 4 fois plus longtemps que les meilleures chaînes selon des personnes qui ont une expérience réelle des deux. Beaucoup moins et plus facile à entretenir aussi.
Oui Terry, je sais que la ceinture s'use moins et dure plus longtemps, mais elle est aussi plus compliquée à réparer et plus fragile. J'ai interrogé Leili à ce sujet et elle m'a recommandé de choisir la chaîne plutôt que la ceinture car la ceinture est plus instable selon eux.

My MD 1000 with Sram 9 speed arrived on 12/29. It was delivered via DHE (Dependable Highway Express) truck on the street in front of my house. It was ordered on 7/3/20. The box had damage and was open on delivery. Inspection showed no damage to the bike but no rear rack, rear light, or extra charger as ordered. I contacted the factory (Leili - Frank) and his reply was that they were out of stock and would address after the Chinese New Year. Still in process but have not communicated back to Frank to check on status. I also requested fenders which are also not currently available. Frank is great to deal with so I am optimistic I will resolve in time.

The bike was easy to assemble and performs great on trails and climbing hills. Huge power. Awesome machine. The display shows Km/hr for speed and does not appear to be able to switch to mph. I attempted to download a manual but cannot find one. I am interested to see if I can set it at 750 watts for riding in BLM.

Very exciting.
thumbnail.jpg

My MD 1000 with Sram 9 speed arrived on 12/29. It was delivered via DHE (Dependable Highway Express) truck on the street in front of my house. It was ordered on 7/3/20. The box had damage and was open on delivery. Inspection showed no damage to the bike but no rear rack, rear light, or extra charger as ordered. I contacted the factory (Leili - Frank) and his reply was that they were out of stock and would address after the Chinese New Year. Still in process but have not communicated back to Frank to check on status. I also requested fenders which are also not currently available. Frank is great to deal with so I am optimistic I will resolve in time.

The bike was easy to assemble and performs great on trails and climbing hills. Huge power. Awesome machine. The display shows Km/hr for speed and does not appear to be able to switch to mph. I attempted to download a manual but cannot find one. I am interested to see if I can set it at 750 watts for riding in BLM.

Very exciting.
View attachment 76310
Congrats! Glad you had no damage. Black seems to be the most popular color so far (no surprise)

Oui Terry, je sais que la ceinture s'use moins et dure plus longtemps, mais elle est aussi plus compliquée à réparer et plus fragile. J'ai interrogé Leili à ce sujet et elle m'a recommandé de choisir la chaîne plutôt que la ceinture car la ceinture est plus instable selon eux.

Very exciting.
View attachment 76310
When you power the display up double tap the “I” button real quick then use the + and - to move up and down the menu and “I” to select. You can change quite a few things from the display. When you’ve got the hang of that we’ll get you in about the programming. Lol 👍

Very exciting.
View attachment 76310
Hey Chris, long time no talk ...
Happy to see you got your bike (same day as me) and I'm sure Frank will come through with the accessories eventually. This Biktix Guide will allow you to access the settings you want to change. You should also order the 750W 20 mph sticker from Bolton. It'll cover you for BLM use.

You do you brother but I wouldn’t listen to a word Leili says. They’ve proved they lie when needed.
I researched it before I bought it and the few places I could find info from people with real world use said they wouldn’t go back to using a chain.
One guy cycles all over the world, properly punishes his drive train and takes it through all sorts of conditions. It’s just new.

You do you brother but I wouldn’t listen to a word Leili says. They’ve proved they lie when needed.
I researched it before I bought it and the few places I could find info from people with real world use said they wouldn’t go back to using a chain.
One guy cycles all over the world, properly punishes his drive train and takes it through all sorts of conditions. It’s just new.
Easy there cowboy, even Sturmey Archer themselves issue disclaimers (voids warranty) for the use of their IGH's with powerful mid-motors. I think if your not up to learning how to shift the IGH properly you should probably choose the chain/cassette. That also applies to people like Chris C who uses his bike for hunting and is climbing/descending steep trails. I like my SA IGH but I don't shift much and I try and baby it when I do shift. With bikes this powerful, all drive trains need to be treated with kid gloves.

Last edited:
Easy there cowboy, even Sturmey Archer themselves issue disclaimers (voids warranty) for the use of their IGH's with powerful mid-motors. I think if your not up to learning how to shift the IGH properly you should probably choose the chain/cassette. I like my SA IGH but I don't shift much and I try and baby it when I do shift.
I’m always easy buddy, always. Lol
If your not up to learning how to shift the IGH you probably shouldn’t be on a bicycle. It’s about as hard as braking. Let off the juice first, that’s it.
It even has a shift sensor to help if you manage to forget. If you’re just using it as a commuter or whatever it should be easy enough, if you plan on roasting it.... maybe practice just a little. 🤪

FYI, Biktrix seems to be out of stock on the Beast now, glad I ordered this week. At this moment, I reckon if somebody ordered an MD1000 direct from Leili, delivery time would be comparable.

Last edited:
Back