General Creo questions

Not jealous of the new seat at all. My butt isn't sore with my Sworks with mirror seat and I like the shorter nosed seats...all good! đź‘Ť

But I guess you get more saddle for the same exorbitant price!
According to the review, there are “14,000 struts and 7,799 junctions“ on the Power Mirror. But the new Romin EVO has “22,000 struts and 10,700 nodes.” So there’s that, whatever that means. I guess it’s like getting more coils in your box spring mattress. Since the Romin is bigger, that may not be any more struts or nodes per square mm. Could be a decrease! Although the node ratio has improved. Finally.

I’m happy with the Power Mirror. I’m not upgrading. But I do have a few hundred Specialized Bucks left on my membership card to burn. I hope they don’t expire.

Hello - I am considering a CREO - like another post above, I considered the Trek Domane as well but like the lighter weight of the CREO (undecided on Aluminum vs CF as yet). My question is for those who live in colder climates (i.e. Canada) In the winter, do you store your bike inside (since the battery is not easily removed like the Trek)? I understand the Lithium batteries do not like sitting in the cold, nor can you charge them when they are below 5 degrees Celsius. What do you do with your CREO (Other than wanting to have it safe inside because of the $$$ you spent on it!)

Sorry for being late to the conversation about saddles, I was busy riding from San Francisco to New York when that was being discussed. I was with a group of 10 firefighters and veterans riding cross country for the 20th anniversary of 9/11. We spent 40 days on the road 37 of them riding. One of our sponsors was Selle Anatomica. Nine of us did the ride using their saddle. I can tell you from first hand or should I say BUT experience, it was the most comfortable saddle I've ever had. I've always loved the look of fine leather and love how it changes with time. There was no break in required and with a simple adjustment it can be fine tuned for a perfect fit. We were averaging about 80-100 miles a day about 8 hrs. Our ride took us over a variety of road conditions including miles of gravel. The only issue I had was I cracked the aluminum frame when I took a very hard fall. I still rode 20 miles after the fall without knowing I cracked frame. I thought it just needed a little adjusting and only noticed damage when I tried to tighten the tension. Fortunately my back-up bike had the same saddle so I swapped it out. Selle sent out a replacement frame and its now back in service.

BTW I was riding the Comp Creo Evo most of this ride. I'll be 73 in January so the assist made this ride possible for me. I'm in decent shape but have been having some minor issues with my right knee. I would only use assist when needed to relieve pressure on the knee. I have RE for insurance but only put it on the bike for two of our longest steepest climbs...the Mckenzie Pass, OR and the Teton Pass, WY. As it turned out I never needed it. This bike rides so nice that most of the time I rode without assist, usually ending 80-100 mile days with 50% or more left in the tank. Just to prove a point after taking a bunch of (good natured) crap from the other guys about riding an ebike, I went 3 days including one of 109 miles without using any assist. Weighing at only 29 lbs. its only 10 lbs. heavier than my Santa Cruz Stigmata but I hardly notice the weight difference once rolling. God willing I hope to ride it cross country again for 25th anniversary in 2026.

Sorry for being late to the conversation about saddles, I was busy riding from San Francisco to New York when that was being discussed. I was with a group of 10 firefighters and veterans riding cross country for the 20th anniversary of 9/11. We spent 40 days on the road 37 of them riding. One of our sponsors was Selle Anatomica. Nine of us did the ride using their saddle. I can tell you from first hand or should I say BUT experience, it was the most comfortable saddle I've ever had. I've always loved the look of fine leather and love how it changes with time. There was no break in required and with a simple adjustment it can be fine tuned for a perfect fit. We were averaging about 80-100 miles a day about 8 hrs. Our ride took us over a variety of road conditions including miles of gravel. The only issue I had was I cracked the aluminum frame when I took a very hard fall. I still rode 20 miles after the fall without knowing I cracked frame. I thought it just needed a little adjusting and only noticed damage when I tried to tighten the tension. Fortunately my back-up bike had the same saddle so I swapped it out. Selle sent out a replacement frame and its now back in service.

BTW I was riding the Comp Creo Evo most of this ride. I'll be 73 in January so the assist made this ride possible for me. I'm in decent shape but have been having some minor issues with my right knee. I would only use assist when needed to relieve pressure on the knee. I have RE for insurance but only put it on the bike for two of our longest steepest climbs...the Mckenzie Pass, OR and the Teton Pass, WY. As it turned out I never needed it. This bike rides so nice that most of the time I rode without assist, usually ending 80-100 mile days with 50% or more left in the tank. Just to prove a point after taking a bunch of (good natured) crap from the other guys about riding an ebike, I went 3 days including one of 109 miles without using any assist. Weighing at only 29 lbs. its only 10 lbs. heavier than my Santa Cruz Stigmata but I hardly notice the weight difference once rolling. God willing I hope to ride it cross country again for 25th anniversary in 2026.

Well, done. Actually, quite impressive.

Oh, so your cracked the SADDLE frame, not the bike frame.

While you did not use the battery as much as possible, how was charging in your travels? Always easily available?

Good luck on the next cross continent adventure.

Well, done. Actually, quite impressive.

Oh, so your cracked the SADDLE frame, not the bike frame.

While you did not use the battery as much as possible, how was charging in your travels? Always easily available?

Good luck on the next cross continent adventure.
We were riding tight in a peloton in a back country road Ohio when we had to shift to the right for a car. All two of us got tangled and went down. The guy behind me went into the grass and was okay. As for me I hit hard enough to even crack my helmet, bruise my hip with a serious road rash on my right arm. After gathering my thoughts and checking my wounds my main concern was my bike. Fortunately other then readjusting the hoods my bike was in good shape. Two of our riders were fire medics so I was checked for concussion, rash cleaned and with another helmet we were rolling in 15 minutes. I did take the next day off due to soreness.

Charging the battery was never an issue because we had every overnight stop planned in advance. Most of the time we were hosted by different fire departments either staying in fire houses or motels. Our support trailer also had a generator. More hours were spent doing the planning logistics for this ride than the ride itself. All 10 of us who started finished on the Brooklyn Bridge with same bike.

Attachments

• IMG_3715.JPG
    IMG_3715.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3708.JPG
    IMG_3708.JPG
    809.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 149
We were riding tight in a peloton in a back country road Ohio when we had to shift to the right for a car. All two of us got tangled and went down. The guy behind me went into the grass and was okay. As for me I hit hard enough to even crack my helmet, bruise my hip with a serious road rash on my right arm. After gathering my thoughts and checking my wounds my main concern was my bike. Fortunately other then readjusting the hoods my bike was in good shape. Two of our riders were fire medics so I was checked for concussion, rash cleaned and with another helmet we were rolling in 15 minutes. I did take the next day off due to soreness.

Charging the battery was never an issue because we had every overnight stop planned in advance. Most of the time we were hosted by different fire departments either staying in fire houses or motels. Our support trailer also had a generator. More hours were spent doing the planning logistics for this ride than the ride itself. All 10 of us who started finished on the Brooklyn Bridge with same bike.

I guess you were lucky. Quite the adventure. I'm lucky to eek out 50 miles. I'm originally from Da Bronx. Brooklyn was almost like another country and another accent! ;)

Back