Any experiences removing Creo internal battery and riding only with Extender?

Just home from two weeks in PNW islands that included Victoria, Sydney, San Juan, Salt Spring, Whidbey, Lopez, Port Angeles, Port Townsend and Squim. Rode with no main battery but with one or two range extenders in my bottle cages. Assembly was different to some degree than a coupled S&S travel bike due to Future Shock concerns when removing fork and dealing with hydro brakes, but a little practice before made it no more challenging than my S&S. I did remove the Future Shock and replaced it with a rigid dummy available on ebay.

You can get a lot o crap in a 150 liter Post Case and the design seems to work well.
A little wobbly when full and dealing with a crammed SeaTac Airport zoo but the case has a bunch of handles for pulling/carrying and well-done protection within the case and extra tube protection pads included.

TSA did not bat an eye at the two extenders in my carry on day pack and on Alaska Air the Post Transfer went at the normal bag price of $35.

Rode with the motor on a lot and averaged about 30-35 miles and 2000 feet before an extender pooped out. Takes 2 minutes to change from one battery to another. A wonderful way to do a tour at my age...or any.

Just home from two weeks in PNW islands that included Victoria, Sydney, San Juan, Salt Spring, Whidbey, Lopez, Port Angeles, Port Townsend and Squim. Rode with no main battery but with one or two range extenders in my bottle cages. Assembly was different to some degree than a coupled S&S travel bike due to Future Shock concerns when removing fork and dealing with hydro brakes, but a little practice before made it no more challenging than my S&S. I did remove the Future Shock and replaced it with a rigid dummy available on ebay.

You can get a lot o crap in a 150 liter Post Case and the design seems to work well.
A little wobbly when full and dealing with a crammed SeaTac Airport zoo but the case has a bunch of handles for pulling/carrying and well-done protection within the case and extra tube protection pads included.

TSA did not bat an eye at the two extenders in my carry on day pack and on Alaska Air the Post Transfer went at the normal bag price of $35.

Rode with the motor on a lot and averaged about 30-35 miles and 2000 feet before an extender pooped out. Takes 2 minutes to change from one battery to another. A wonderful way to do a tour at my age...or any.
Am I to assume that no brake lines were disconnected? What size is your bike frame? Did you get the larger case to be safer? Any pictures of YOUR bike in the case?

Am I to assume that no brake lines were disconnected? What size is your bike frame? Did you get the larger case to be safer? Any pictures of YOUR bike in the case?
My Creo is an XL Expert model. I did get the larger 150 liter case not to be safer but I measured and it would not have fit in the smaller case. I did not have to disconnect the brake lines but I did do that on the way home with these gadgets from Taiwan. If you decide to buy the quick couplers from Taiwan make sure you order extra coupler clips as they could be really easy to lose.

On the way out, I removed the bars with hoses still connected and the fork too. I have enough extra hose so that I could maneuver the fork into its pocket and have the bars rest on the top of the frame as you see in photos on the Post website. I also have a Levo one piece unit for my remote and no Di2 wires since installing SRAM AXS GX drivetrain. On the way back I tested the couplers and decoupled them and that allowed the bars to completely separate from the fork and even easier to pack that way. I also can easily slide the remote switch off the bars by simply removing the the silicone grip off the left bar end.

My bike has upright bars, AXS straight bar brake levers, and their mt bike shifter module so I installed the couplers right at the end of the brake lever but they also make a coupler you can install right in the middle of the hose anywhere you want.

No photos of bike in the case yet but here is the bike in the WA wilderness.

1689018086566.png

It sounds as if our State was most welcoming for this grand adventure. Some very nice hilly terrain as well as level cruising in the mix. And the ferries were reliable for a change!!! If I might seek some clarification - what was the reason to remove the future shock? Just to simplify pulling out the fork?

It sounds as if our State was most welcoming for this grand adventure. Some very nice hilly terrain as well as level cruising in the mix. And the ferries were reliable for a change!!! If I might seek some clarification - what was the reason to remove the future shock? Just to simplify pulling out the fork?
Yes. I thought the knob on top with its tiny set screw would just be something to lose. And the funny stem I am now using would not install with the Future Shock in the bike but works well with the dummy unit from ebay. And the dummy unit simplifies the process to some degree. Gotta say the clamp that holds the fork and shock in the bike is really fiddly too and you must get the centering screw lined up with the hole in the carbon fork steerer or you risk damaging the steerer.

Back