General Creo questions

I am considering that saddle. They have been sold out online for a while now. Is it really that plush and comfortable? Not too squishy?
It doesn't feel squishy at all. As a matter of fact I don't feel a noticeable difference getting on the saddle. I do feel a big difference during and after my rides however. No soreness! I don't have to adjust my butt during the ride anymore either. I do 30-50 mile rides too so there is considerable saddle time. As far as buying it I suggest you go on the Specialized website and put yourself on the waiting list. The moment you get notified purchase it right away because even if you wait a day they could sell out again.

It doesn't feel squishy at all. As a matter of fact I don't feel a noticeable difference getting on the saddle. I do feel a big difference during and after my rides however. No soreness! I don't have to adjust my butt during the ride anymore either. I do 30-50 mile rides too so there is considerable saddle time. As far as buying it I suggest you go on the Specialized website and put yourself on the waiting list. The moment you get notified purchase it right away because even if you wait a day they could sell out again.
I'm not sure which width to get. So thinking of being insane and getting both and returning one or both depending on whatever.

I'm not sure which width to get. So thinking of being insane and getting both and returning one or both depending on whatever.
Measure yourself. The instructions are on Specialized’s Power Mirror Saddle web page.

Sun Golds are prolific. I stopped growing them. They are delicious but produce too much. They went to waste.

Yeah
Yes but the HEAVY Aluminum version! And then the heavy rider! I seem to range between 2% and 3% battery use per mile on my rides but many have 1,000 feet of climbing or more. On my 53 miler with about 3,000 feet of gain with lots of large and small climbs, I had about 8% left between the Main and Range Extender.
Honestly though even with the lighter Creo's you'd be having difficulties (I think the aluminum version is 5 pounds heavier than my carbon version). The Creo is a great bike but massive hills and hauling extra weight is not its strong point. Truthfully it's a bit underpowered and the battery is on the smaller side (yeah the range extender helps). But on a personal level if you are dropping body weight that will help tremendously to your biking performance. Every 5 pounds lighter is significant in the biking world. Lose 20 pounds and your E5 Creo will feel like a Sworks almost 😃

So hey I noticed you and mschwett on a creo "neck problem" thread...well ahh...having neck issues of my own sorry to say. Seeing a chiropractor right now and he recommended a bike fitting for my Creo on August 30th. Kinda wondering what solution you finally ended up with. Curious about those metal spacers you mentioned as well...wondering if I should order them now. I've looked at the angled stems..(my stem is the standard 100mm length with 6 degree angle) considering spacers...just ready to throw some ideas at the "kid" thats going to help me with my fitting. I'd like to raise my bar but maybe angle the hand grips(?) downward for more aggressive riding. I know a fitting is a complex thing so just looking for any tips at this point.

I love biking and I love my Creo and I want to keep myself in the game at ALL COSTS 🤨

Last edited:
So hey I noticed you and mschwett on a creo "neck problem" thread...well ahh...having neck issues of my own sorry to say. Seeing a chiropractor right now and he recommended a bike fitting for my Creo on August 30th. Kinda wondering what solution you finally ended up with. Curious about those metal spacers you mentioned as well...wondering if I should order them now. I've looked at the angled stems..(my stem is the standard 100mm length with 6 degree angle) considering spacers...just ready to throw some ideas at the "kid" thats going to help me with my fitting. I'd like to raise my bar but maybe angle the hand grips(?) downward for more aggressive riding. I know a fitting is a complex thing so just looking for any tips at this point.

I love biking and I love my Creo and I want to keep myself in the game at ALL COSTS 🤨
The Creo kit came with three "plastic" spacers. But showing how much my local shop knew, when I asked about raising the bars, they were sure that the spacers had been used. The spacers were NOT used when I went looking on my own. Adding them was actually quite easy. Easy enough that I added and removed them a few times experimenting. The guy who sells the metal, machined spacers has a few good youtube videos on working on the Future Shock and spacing. I'm not sure that the metal ones were necessary but I guess I felt buying was rewarding him for the very good videos.

My neck problems go back a number of years. I woke up one morning with extreme vertigo. It felt like a major earthquake and lasted more than a week. A bunch of diagnosis (mri, inner ear maneuvers and "water boarding" never pinned it on anything but possibly a pinched nerve or arterial pinch. If I crane my neck upwards, star gazing, looking at airplanes, etc and on a bike, I get a vague vertigo feeling which can be disconcerting when riding a two-wheeled gyroscope. I added all the spacers and just last week, the stem with the higher rise. I am now almost never on the drops.

As I mentioned in the "twitchy" ride thread, the mechanic suggested that a shorter stem (causing a more upright position) would make the Creo twitchy which I did not want. My other road bikes have head tubes that add INCHES to position me higher or more upright. One with extensions to raise the handlebars. the other is a custom so it was designed into the frame. I've never had a custom fitter but I guess getting the custom bike was close. But as I jokingly suggest, the custom bike was for the custom me, six or seven years ago. My new custom me is now shorter and heavier and older with more cranky parts. :)

Listen, getting old or older is not for the feint of heart! (g)

Yeah

Honestly though even with the lighter Creo's you'd be having difficulties (I think the aluminum version is 5 pounds heavier than my carbon version). The Creo is a great bike but massive hills and hauling extra weight is not its strong point. Truthfully it's a bit underpowered and the battery is on the smaller side (yeah the range extender helps). But on a personal level if you are dropping body weight that will help tremendously to your biking performance. Every 5 pounds lighter is significant in the biking world. Lose 20 pounds and your E5 Creo will feel like a Sworks almost 😃
I am working on it! But it has become harder and an injured calf limited walking and hiking this past winter. I knew the Creo was not as powerful when testing it. But I wanted a road bike with reasonable weight. My friend's custom e-bike weighs about 20 pounds more and my Creo. That is what I did NOT want. She can leave me in the dust when going up steeper hills. I have to hustle my bike up and down stairs leaving/returning to my home. And it was almost a pleasure putting my bike on the hitch rack. Tradeoffs. My financial planner friend has given me permission to upgrade to newer, lighter whatever if it becomes available as long as I sell off some of the current collection! :eek:

But first I should get rid of some of the two dozen cross-country, back-country and/or telemark skis in the basement!!!! ;)

After weeks of checking, multiple times daily, the extremely expensive saddles are finally in and ORDERED. We shall see.

By the way, does the "AZ" in your handle represent Arizona? I use to bike ride in Tucson when my sister lived there. I bought a used bike to ride around places like Sabino Canyon and Saguaro East and West and just generally around Tucson. She moved to LA and I rode around there but she finally decided she did not want this used old bike in her garage and gave it to charity!!!!

After weeks of checking, multiple times daily, the extremely expensive saddles are finally in and ORDERED. We shall see.

By the way, does the "AZ" in your handle represent Arizona? I use to bike ride in Tucson when my sister lived there. I bought a used bike to ride around places like Sabino Canyon and Saguaro East and West and just generally around Tucson. She moved to LA and I rode around there but she finally decided she did not want this used old bike in her garage and gave it to charity!!!!
Thats great you have those saddle(s) on order. Just a heads up though...it takes a certain clamp to mount those seats on...your current one will NOT work as the shape is slightly different. I still have the instructions and even the clamp package...its called Anodized Clamp 7+9mm Part No. 2812-9050 (my standard clamp that came with the Creo was 7 by 7 mm...too round for the new Sworks mirror seat!) Of course the Specialized site is sold out as it was when I needed it...I had to hunt one down in a bike shop in Fountain Hills (Yeah I live in Mesa, Arizona 🌵) Also, it needs to be tightened down very precisely according to the instructions with a newton torque wrench Vertical-load clamp (9.0 N*m) Side load clamp (13.5 N*m). The shop sold a Newton wrench for about a hundred bucks but my lbs installed it using theirs.

Last edited:
The Creo kit came with three "plastic" spacers. But showing how much my local shop knew, when I asked about raising the bars, they were sure that the spacers had been used. The spacers were NOT used when I went looking on my own. Adding them was actually quite easy. Easy enough that I added and removed them a few times experimenting. The guy who sells the metal, machined spacers has a few good youtube videos on working on the Future Shock and spacing. I'm not sure that the metal ones were necessary but I guess I felt buying was rewarding him for the very good videos.

My neck problems go back a number of years. I woke up one morning with extreme vertigo. It felt like a major earthquake and lasted more than a week. A bunch of diagnosis (mri, inner ear maneuvers and "water boarding" never pinned it on anything but possibly a pinched nerve or arterial pinch. If I crane my neck upwards, star gazing, looking at airplanes, etc and on a bike, I get a vague vertigo feeling which can be disconcerting when riding a two-wheeled gyroscope. I added all the spacers and just last week, the stem with the higher rise. I am now almost never on the drops.

As I mentioned in the "twitchy" ride thread, the mechanic suggested that a shorter stem (causing a more upright position) would make the Creo twitchy which I did not want. My other road bikes have head tubes that add INCHES to position me higher or more upright. One with extensions to raise the handlebars. the other is a custom so it was designed into the frame. I've never had a custom fitter but I guess getting the custom bike was close. But as I jokingly suggest, the custom bike was for the custom me, six or seven years ago. My new custom me is now shorter and heavier and older with more cranky parts. :)

Listen, getting old or older is not for the feint of heart! (g)
I didnt see any spacers included with my exp Creo but my old 2017 Roubaix had one...it says on it future shock...limit to 6... right on the thing. I guess its a spacer...dont know if it would fit my Creo. Gonna talk to my bike shop today about it all. My wife's Como 3.0 is in there already with a motor error 🙄..need to check on the status on that. I practically live in this store...I know every employees name. I see them more than my family! 😂

Thats great you have those saddle(s) on order. Just a heads up though...it takes a certain clamp to mount those seats on...your current one will NOT work as the shape is slightly different. I still have the instructions and even the clamp package...its called Anodized Clamp 7+9mm Part No. 2812-9050 (my standard clamp that came with the Creo was 7 by 7 mm...too round for the new Sworks mirror seat!) Of course the Specialized site is sold out as it was when I needed it...I had to hunt one down in a bike shop in Fountain Hills (Yeah I live in Mesa, Arizona 🌵) Also, it needs to be tightened down very precisely according to the instructions with a newton torque wrench Vertical-load clamp (9.0 N*m) Side load clamp (13.5 N*m). The shop sold a Newton wrench for about a hundred bucks but my lbs installed it using theirs.
Hmm. That might not be good. I've got the KINEKT Seatpost (spring loaded).

I am getting more use to the need for torque this and torque that!!!! It's nice to know there's a specific value when being screwed! :)

But thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Hmm. That might not be good. I've got the KINEKT Seatpost (spring loaded).

I am getting more use to the need for torque this and torque that!!!! It's nice to know there's a specific value when being screwed! :)

But thanks for the info.
Whoa that seatpost IS AMAZING...Didn't know something like that existed. It would seem odd that the clamp couldn't be incorporated into it. You might just have to get it all and see what can be done...if anything. But wow the Sworks mirror seat combined with that seat post would be the pinnacle of comfort I would imagine 🤩 Please let me know how it turns out!

Whoa that seatpost IS AMAZING...Didn't know something like that existed. It would seem odd that the clamp couldn't be incorporated into it. You might just have to get it all and see what can be done...if anything. But wow the Sworks mirror seat combined with that seat post would be the pinnacle of comfort I would imagine 🤩 Please let me know how it turns out!
I decided that I did not want the package sitting on the porch so it will be delivered to the local bike shop for pickup. I expect a week to ten days. Looking at pictures for the part you mentioned, I have no idea how it attaches? An add-on to the normal seatpost clamp or something different?? Of course, as you mentioned, it is generally out of stock. Maybe your bike shop has another one???

I didnt see any spacers included with my exp Creo but my old 2017 Roubaix had one...it says on it future shock...limit to 6... right on the thing. I guess its a spacer...dont know if it would fit my Creo. Gonna talk to my bike shop today about it all. My wife's Como 3.0 is in there already with a motor error 🙄..need to check on the status on that. I practically live in this store...I know every employees name. I see them more than my family! 😂
Supposedly, with the Creo, the limit is THREE spacers. That's what came with my "parts" (disc brake spacer, some small wrench, spare springs to adjust the Future Shock springiness and the spacers and the Manuals).

I am considering that saddle. They have been sold out online for a while now. Is it really that plush and comfortable? Not too squishy?
i definitely wouldn’t call it plush. i have it on my creo, and i like it better than the stock saddle, but it wasn’t night and day or anything. it’s very light, breathable, just a tiny bit squishy but always stays in it’s basic form/shape. you’re not supposed to sit with all your weight on these things, and it definitely reflects that.

i’m sure you can find one to purchase using the stock finder on specialized’s site - i see both sizes in stock in lots of stores.

i definitely wouldn’t call it plush. i have it on my creo, and i like it better than the stock saddle, but it wasn’t night and day or anything. it’s very light, breathable, just a tiny bit squishy but always stays in it’s basic form/shape. you’re not supposed to sit with all your weight on these things, and it definitely reflects that.

i’m sure you can find one to purchase using the stock finder on specialized’s site - i see both sizes in stock in lots of stores.
They were out of stock recently but back in now.

The issue now will be whether I need the adapter AZDave mentioned or whether it will fit on my Kinekt post.

Thats how I would sum it up too. It's kind of a subtle thing...not going to blow you away but it is effective. I basically would say it keeps the sit bones from feeling bruised. It is firm but to push down on it there is give. Just the right balance between comfort and support without too much of either.

Yeah after I ordered the seat and went to a bike shop for the seat clamp they actually had one Sworks mirror seat in stock....just one! And it's the only store I've seen it. So it's hit and miss with this seat to aquire one.

Last edited:
Thats how I would sum it up too. It's kind of a subtle thing...not going to blow you away but it is effective. I basically would say it keeps the sit bones from feeling bruised. It is firm but to push down on it there is give. Just the right balance between comfort and support without too much of either.

Yeah after I ordered the seart and went to a bike shop for for the seat clamp they actually had one Sworks mirror seat in stock....just one! And it's the only store I've seen it. So it's hit and miss with this seat to aquire one.
Online: And they are out-of-stock again on one of the models and low stock on the other.

So does one add that special(ized) clamp to an existing seat post in some manner - does that mean lowering the seat post to allow this addition? Curious minds and sore butts want to know. :)

And I called your shop - part is out of stock until Oct! He was a really nice guy to talk with.

They were out of stock recently but back in now.

The issue now will be whether I need the adapter AZDave mentioned or whether it will fit on my Kinekt post.
I suspect it won't fit your current post because the rails are slightly oblong shaped. But was thinking maybe the clamp could just screw on top the KINEXT you currently have....maybe

I suspect it won't fit your current post because the rails are slightly oblong shaped. But was thinking maybe the clamp could just screw on top the KINEXT you currently have....maybe
I just sent Specialized a support email inquiry.

Back