Gain D40 spokes

Hgrock

Region
United Kingdom
Hello all does anyone know how to extract the x 35 motor from the hub casing. I need to take the motor out of the old wheel hub casing and insert it into the new wheel supplied by Orbea, I am not at this moment certain if the cover is screwed on some covers are twisted counter clockwise after the screws are removed, others are pushed out. there are no videos out there on the Mahle x35 motor. any help would be great thanks. Long story about the Velorution shop

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_195409_029.jpg
    IMG_20211028_195409_029.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20211028_195509_497.jpg
    IMG_20211028_195509_497.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 174
Hello all does anyone know how to extract the x 35 motor from the hub casing. I need to take the motor out of the old wheel hub casing and insert it into the new wheel supplied by Orbea, I am not at this moment certain if the cover is screwed on some covers are twisted counter clockwise after the screws are removed, others are pushed out. there are no videos out there on the Mahle x35 motor. any help would be great thanks. Long story about the Velorution shop
deradiate the wheel and radiate again, you don't have to open motor the bike.

Thanks mate, you you have given me the best Christmas present, now all i have to do is buy the tool lol. Thanks again

you don't have to open the motor, just change the wheel rim
Thanks for your input very much appreciated, Orbea has sent a completely new wheel with hub casing all that is required is to extract the motor from the
damaged wheel and put it into the new wheel, easier than removing the rim then having to true the wheel etc. big job

Thanks for your input very much appreciated, Orbea has sent a completely new wheel with hub casing all that is required is to extract the motor from the
damaged wheel and put it into the new wheel, easier than removing the rim then having to true the wheel etc. big job
I guess that is one way to do it, although in the grand scheme of things a bit unusual? My only worry is that the new wheel has the same rim and build method as your original and the same thing as shown in your pix occuring down the road.

It looks like using washers under the nipple heads might have prevented that from the start to me for the stock rims at least. At least Orbea is taking care of you which says something about their customer service. Good luck getting it back on the road!

Also a shout out to @r1roman for the video as I'm sure it will aid lots of folks if they are in need.

I guess that is one way to do it, although in the grand scheme of things a bit unusual? My only worry is that the new wheel has the same rim and build method as your original and the same thing as shown in your pix occuring down the road.

It looks like using washers under the nipple heads might have prevented that from the start to me for the stock rims at least. At least Orbea is taking care of you which says something about their customer service. Good luck getting it back on the road!

Also a shout out to @r1roman for the video as I'm sure it will aid lots of folks if they are in need.
You have a very good point, the only reason that I am doing it Cycle republic where I purchased the bike went out of business a couple of weeks after I got the bike and Orbea insists on me seeing a dealer, 2 were reluctant because they did not sell me the bike, so I choose Velorution and nearly 5 weeks later still not fixed, so I an taking my bike back tomorrow and my wheel and doing the job myself . It would be nice if Orbea had a rep in the UK like they have in the USA

You have a very good point, the only reason that I am doing it Cycle republic where I purchased the bike went out of business a couple of weeks after I got the bike and Orbea insists on me seeing a dealer, 2 were reluctant because they did not sell me the bike, so I choose Velorution and nearly 5 weeks later still not fixed, so I an taking my bike back tomorrow and my wheel and doing the job myself . It would be nice if Orbea had a rep in the UK like they have in the USA
You can put a photo of what Orbea has sent you, thank you

You can put a photo of what Orbea has sent you, thank you
Well I eventually got the bike back waited 5 weeks for a job that should have taken an hour Max, what I have noticed is that the new wheel 's spokes are different with a kind of washer to stop the spokes breaking out as can be seen in the pictures, my only criticism of Orbea and Mahle is that they would not deal with the end user only with dealers which causes lengthy delays for repairs. A rep in the UK would be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_20211215_153548_666.jpg
    IMG_20211215_153548_666.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20211028_195409_029.jpg
    IMG_20211028_195409_029.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 179
The new rims look like they have eyelets which is a good thing given what happened to the stock rim. They use to be on alot of rims but you don't see them much anymore for some reason. Glad you got it back finally!

Back