Fulfilling a dream

I went to a stereo shop with my cousin about 30 years ago.
I got to talking with the salesman about Monster Cable vs. regular lamp cord and how all the "Golden Ears" couldn't hear the difference in a double blind sound test.

He took me into a sound room, shut the door, and told me how his brother-in-law worked for the Canadian government testing speakers in an anoanechoic chamber.
He said all they used was regular lamp cord for all the testing.

He did say that the Monster Cable has less resistance than lamp cord but that resistance is completely linear and has no affect on sound quality except for volume which was adjusted for.

PS,.. The Monster Cable cost over $100 for a six foot length per side 30 years ago.

Fryer is in, and I got the pan and the drawer from the metal shop yesterday.
qOMmau.jpg

ZSwy1a.jpg

drOQHP.jpg

ffspkv.jpg

Qq7BCZ.jpg

We setup the canopy and a couple of tables lastnight and made dinner in the trailer. Burgers and chicken legs, waffle fries, and corn on the cob done in the steam table. Also made some "angry corn dogs".

UtsFKO.jpg

ZoYxw2.jpg

lU0nnn.jpg

c3YRJt.jpg

1YqugO.jpg

We just got notified that our PA business has been processed and accepted. Now all we need is the PA Dept of Ag inspection and we're ready to go.

No work on the trailer this weekend. Wife and I are leaving at noon to drive to Pittsburgh for a Peter Gabriel concert. Probably last time, and only time, I'll get to see him before he dies. He's getting up there in years.

As much as I'm not a fan of stadium style concerts Peter Gabriel would be an exception! Lucky guy!

Pardon me I didn't read it all. I started watching pics on #163 . #205 post looks like the finished product.
Very well made look at it!
I have no English word to describe it.
All that stainless steel. @JedidiahStolzfus.
Overhead looks like fire shield.?
It is not stainless steel what is it?
Watching all the photos and progress of your accomplishments is very inspiring.
Exhaust vent baffles are always aluminum. The surrounding frame and whats behind the baffles is stainless. The only reason I can think of is because the baffles are kind of disposable. Eventually they get to the point where they're impossible to clean and they get replaced. I might end up needing to do that because there's some real tough places to clean on them. I'm going to wait to see what the inspector says and replace them if I have to. Mostly they're just stained, but there's no dirt falling off of them.

that grease is hard to cleanup especially after it has been on many moons,had the (not) pleasure of dismantling an old house trailer the years of cooking grease in the kitchen area was almost like varnish and super yuck.

I haven't been able to work on the trailer. Apparently the Peter Gabriel concert sent my tinnitus into overdrive and I've been existing with a serve case of vertigo since Tuesday morning. So bad that riding in a vehicle, even driving, is causing me motion sickness. I haven't had that since I threw up on my mom when I was 4. It's not nearly as bad as it was on Wednesday, but I'm still getting dizzy, can't drive, can't ride and I have a whole bunch of things I want to do this week.

Don't regret going to the concert for an instant. I regret the hotel, not the concert.

Avoid aspirin and caffeine,if all else fails try to stand on your head a bit( may reset the goodies in the inner ear or corti) hope you feel better

Avoid aspirin and caffeine,if all else fails try to stand on your head a bit( may reset the goodies in the inner ear or corti) hope you feel better
After several days I'm finally getting some respite. Gonna drive to the bank to deposit some cash from a sale of some tools this weekend then to the grocery store to get some milk. Kids don't like it when we're out of milk. One of the kids is going with me. I can walk without nearly falling over now. I haven't gotten nauseous last wednesday. I think I'm almost over it all. I want to re-wire the 12v system in the trailer because everything has just been kind of built on top of the start. I want to use XT60 connectors between all the circuit segments so things can be easily disconnected. I have one of these:http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/wheels/pics/wheeloffset_2.gif Already wire up with XT60 connecttors and each circuit segment I'll have matching connectors so that one of these can be put inline when I need to. I also have a plan to build a VAWT with some 3D printed parts an some welding. If my calculations are correct it should be able to give me just enough power to keep me running.

Before Covid changed me I would go to a show every 2 weeks. I don't wear earplugs but my wife does. Holy cow some of those shows are loud! So loud never seemed to affect me. Since I haven't been to a show since Covid loud affects me now. Loud car stereo, my JVC GigaTube in the garage and jets flying over at my job. I don't think its me getting old, I just lost my loud noise tolerance.

Motion sickness is the worst. I can't even look at a boat without getting queasy. I also can't do those VR goggles. And the Rabbit Roller Coaster at the arcade was so fun until the tummy bubbles started. Glad you survived the concert and things are getting back to normal.

After several days I'm finally getting some respite. Gonna drive to the bank to deposit some cash from a sale of some tools this weekend then to the grocery store to get some milk. Kids don't like it when we're out of milk. One of the kids is going with me. I can walk without nearly falling over now. I haven't gotten nauseous last wednesday. I think I'm almost over it all. I want to re-wire the 12v system in the trailer because everything has just been kind of built on top of the start. I want to use XT60 connectors between all the circuit segments so things can be easily disconnected. I have one of these:http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/wheels/pics/wheeloffset_2.gif Already wire up with XT60 connecttors and each circuit segment I'll have matching connectors so that one of these can be put inline when I need to. I also have a plan to build a VAWT with some 3D printed parts an some welding. If my calculations are correct it should be able to give me just enough power to ky checked theyeep me running.same bike
glad you are getting over it,xt 60 connectors are great( my default) twothings not so great happened to me yesterday, I took a spill before I even got the bike going( on a bike a friend traded me) then the same bike spun the motor in the dropouts-strange thing I had tentatively checked the tightness on one of the axle nuts the day before( maybe somebody is telling me something,without out even being aware of of it my balance is going away,time for a trike perhaps, the sub 3 mile hike over hill and dale back to the casa had me questioning how much my neighbors like me,no one stopped to offer me a lift despite my outstretched thumb( perhaps they were not who I thought they were)

Before Covid changed me I would go to a show every 2 weeks. I don't wear earplugs but my wife does. Holy cow some of those shows are loud! So loud never seemed to affect me. Since I haven't been to a show since Covid loud affects me now. Loud car stereo, my JVC GigaTube in the garage and jets flying over at my job. I don't think its me getting old, I just lost my loud noise tolerance.

Motion sickness is the worst. I can't even look at a boat without getting queasy. I also can't do those VR goggles. And the Rabbit Roller Coaster at the arcade was so fun until the tummy bubbles started. Glad you survived the concert and things are getting back to normal.
those superhornets are beyond loud, seen any of the purported UAPS that are said to frequent that area yet?

I went to a stereo shop with my cousin about 30 years ago.
I got to talking with the salesman about Monster Cable vs. regular lamp cord and how all the "Golden Ears" couldn't hear the difference in a double blind sound test.

He took me into a sound room, shut the door, and told me how his brother-in-law worked for the Canadian government testing speakers in an anoanechoic chamber.
He said all they used was regular lamp cord for all the testing.

He did say that the Monster Cable has less resistance than lamp cord but that resistance is completely linear and has no affect on sound quality except for volume which was adjusted for.

PS,.. The Monster Cable cost over $100 for a six foot length per side 30 years ago.
I used to use Monster Cables 25 years ago because i heard they were supper durable and i was constantly destroying cables, i didnt even know there was any type sound improvement associated with them lol, turns out they were not much stronger than any other brand. I destroyed them like every other cable so i stopped using them. What a ripoff!

Back