Fulfilling a dream

I'm not gonna say I'm a fabricator, but I did watch a lot of Orange County Choppers on Discovery channel.
xXhyvj.jpg

owfOpB.jpg

fevu0A.jpg

A lot of grinding, cutting and welding to make all that happen. Welds aren't purdy, but they'll hold. Generator fits perfectly and I was able to find the problem for it's surging. Last person that serviced it didn't have the nuts tight on the carb studs. That combined with the wrong gaskets on the front and back meant it was sucking in extra air. The gaskets will have to work until I have time to make my own. The tightening the nuts helped with the surging.

Not only am I gonna be chief chef, but also plumber, fabricator, mechanic, and electrician.

Robert Irvine is coming to Lancaster on saturday. We're going out to meet him and get these bottles signed.
3ZPE8t.jpg
You know I had to pick up a bottle of Vodka today and one whole side of the store is dedicated to Vodka, I figured bourbon and shine would have more varieties than that:rolleyes:

Plan is: I'm going to build a nice walnut display rack for the one bottle, and turn the other into vanilla. The display will hang in the trailer. We're also going to try to get a picture with him.

Yesterday I started working on the counter tops with the blue polypropylene I brought home last week. Stuff is tough to cut because it melts while cutting and binds up the blade. The first picture is the rear left corner, over the fridge. We'll have 3 chambers for cold stuff. The 3 holes are directly into the fridge, the other big one is an ice box. We can just lay pans over top to keep the contents cold.

The second picture is where the coffee machine was. I finally got the rest of the coffee machine removed today, it took grinding off the rusted screws and some rivets that were soldered heavily on top. That's going to be a small prep area and on the wall above it will be a gas heated broiler.

nX1ZNB.jpg

T86Yw8.jpg

I have been riding every day. I use my bike to run errands most days. Monday I went to the paint store to get matching blue paint for the exterior. Tuesday I went grocery shopping, Today I went to the auto parts store to get oil for my truck, it needed changed. Yesterday I was going to ride down to the liquor store to buy vodka, but took the truck because I needed 2x4s and I wasn't ready to bring 8' long boards home on the bike.

We met Robert Irvine today. My oldest daughter (15) gave him a big box of brownies that she made lastnight.
8H7ePS.jpg

Anyone else here work with Raspberry Pi or Arduino type devices?
I have some knowledge of both. More on the rasp-pi and less on the arduino. Used the arduino for simple temp sensors in my H.A. house. The pi's more for small linux machines, no gpio work.

Getting ready to run new gas lines. We removed the fryer and the griddle to make that easier and to clean everything up. It obviously needs a good cleaning.
lLvLJC.jpg

This is my #4, he's 12 now and I have a history sticking him in tight spots. When he was about 18months, He climbed into an empty 5 gallon bucket and just smiled. When he was about 5, he climbed into an opening in a 55 gallon drum I was converting into a compost roller. Now he's in the cabinet below the griddle to help feed the gas line through the hole so we could move it. He always smiles when he's in such places.
yYJSae.jpg

The broiler was delivered yesterday. We tested it today to reheat some sausages for lunch. They had been grilled the other day, and the kid in the picture above wanted one for lunch. Worked perfectly. But reheating sausages isn't it's focus in the truck. I also got us a booking for June of next year. A friend owns a business and he's having a 25th anniversary party next june.

Here's my tight spot kid in another tight spot. He's loosing all the hose clamps for the fresh water plumbing because we're replacing it all. I pulled out the sink today so that I can get in there an run new gas line. While looking at it, I figured it was best just to run new line. I like to joke with him about putting him in tight spots, since I delivered him myself, I figure I pulled him from a tight spot, I can put him back in tight spots.

bPSfy2.jpg

All the plumbing as it stood.
ep2EWj.jpg

It all removed except for the fill for fresh water and the overflow.
8ehtHX.jpg

I ordered red and blue pex to replace it all, and now I can run 3/4" black iron for the gas line easier. That goes in first then the rest gets in around it. We've also been installing a pair of air shocks on the truck to help level the towing. One is in and plumbed, but needed to come in and make Chicken Parm for dinner.

You delivered him yourself, eh? Don't let your wife hear you talk like that! :eek: She might think you're discounting all the effort she put into it! 🤣

You delivered him yourself, eh? Don't let your wife hear you talk like that! :eek: She might think you're discounting all the effort she put into it! 🤣
I was there, he was the easiest of all the kids. I told the midwife that we should get a discount on the bill since I did the hard part myself.

Yesterday we picked up a new water heater of of CL. The original one showed electrical overheating damage and we were worried about it's integrity. That left to a problem of trying to find one that would fit into the space. Newer versions of the model we had were $800 and 2" too deep. That left us trying to find something else. I had resigned myself to finding a wall hanging unit, but was never happy with the reviews I was seeing on them. I was pushing it off and pushing it off hoping something else would show up. Yesterday it did. We picked up almost an exact version of what we had pulled from a 2021 RV. Everything on it looked good, Anode rod shows it was barely used. Got it for $175, and it's installed today. It's about 4" narrower than the original, but it's the same depth. We just welded a bar to close up the space and reskinned the opening with some extra aluminum sheet we had from the LP tank cabinet we removed.

We're almost done running gas lines. Just have to install the two lengths under the trailer connecting the front appliances to the rear appliances and we can then pressure test. The fryer we ordered has been delayed. That's a problem. A shelf that I ordered to hold the broiler has disappeared in transit. We did get the new electric landing gear installed and working.

We also installed new air shocks on the truck to help level it when towing. That went fairly easily. It rides nice. We installed them saturday morning with just enough time to give them a test drive, then drive to the Philthy Airport to pick up a friend from Portugal and come home.

We got one of the tank mounts installed and tested today. Also the compressor cabinet is all but finished. That was the worst of the damage and needed to be completely rebuilt.
8sboiV.jpg

The shelf for the broiler showed up yesterday after it not being delivered last week. I had to cancel it and reorder. The broiler fit in perfectly and runs well after I adjusted the igniter spark. It wasn't a strong enough spark to light the pilot, I just moved the contacts a little closer.
XahVTS.jpg

After that, and before it got dark, we installed a new stereo in my truck. All the speakers were blown, and it just wasn't running well anymore.
oilkGa.jpg

Have to finish the rear speakers in the morning.

BOSS car audio has come a long way. I saw some of it recently when getting some audio work done on my Subaru. At first I was shocked to see they were still in business. They used to be sold thru a Zap Audio kiosk at the local malls. But now I would even consider a head unit by them, and I'm a audio snob! Nice choice you made.

Watching the progress of your food truck makes me hungry! I tried reaching out to my food truck owning friend but no luck yet. She does BBQ.

I really liked
BOSS car audio has come a long way. I saw some of it recently when getting some audio work done on my Subaru. At first I was shocked to see they were still in business. They used to be sold thru a Zap Audio kiosk at the local malls. But now I would even consider a head unit by them, and I'm a audio snob! Nice choice you made.

Watching the progress of your food truck makes me hungry! I tried reaching out to my food truck owning friend but no luck yet. She does BBQ.
I hadn't looked at Crutchfield's website for years, so I was really surprised at how well it was laid out and how easy it was to get a complete system specifically for my truck. That's always been the biggest hassle, which harness, which dash place adapter, which speakers. It pointed to everything including the speaker pigtails to fit the factory harness. I ordered everything suggested and it all worked. Biggest issue was wiring the harness because I had to track the connections through. I did soldered butt splices with marine heat shrink and then wrapped the whole thing in fiber tape. I was worried about plugging it in, because what if I screwed up. But it worked perfectly.

The truck is coming along, hopefully the fryer shows up soon. We're hoping to have all the gaslines run by the end of this week. I need to find someone to re-install the compressor unit and repair the damage lines on it. I have someone in mind that I'm sure has the skills and equipment, but not sure about his time, he travels a lot. But he likes to eat, so that's a plus.

My laptop took a dump last week and I just got another one today, swapped SSD between my dead and new one and I'm back up.

Progress has been made, mangled fender was straightened and re-attached and the well was relined.
qR9M6F.jpg

Compressor cabinet on the bottom left is completed. The wheel well on this side needs to be lined, I'm waiting to hear back from the metal shop about the order I placed. Acrylic is on both snack cabinets now and I hung a menu board on the left side where it was a door that opened.
yMJkRC.jpg

Gas lines are completed throughout, and the regulator is installed. Tanks got filled today and the water heater and broiler are attached to the gas system. My fryer finally showed up from china, we unpacked it, took pictures of the damage, packed it back up and returned it an hour later.
JiU2JT.jpg

I only have one thing that runs 120vac, and that's the fridge. Even the exhaust fans are 12vdc. Which makes running it a lot easier. Saturday wife and I were running errands and I found this laying along side the road. Guy only wanted $25 for it, and it works perfectly. It's our backup 120vac source for the fridge.
9bIOBk.jpg

Back