Frey Hunter 1000W vs Frey Fat1000 2.0 ? For winter, 4 seasons, not to much maintenance

MaTar9000

I'm hesitating between these two models : Hunter and Fat1000 2.0. I also found the Frey FF1 model which looks really cool, but found some forum saying the the rear suspension was really weird and probably not that reliable. At least the Fat1000 suspension looks exactly the same as the Frey AM1000 which as many good reviews, so probably that the rear suspension of the Fat1000 would be a better bet then the FF1 one.

I prefer the Fat1000 since it has 4.8" tires and a full suspension. I would be using this bike 4 season for commuting, for trails in the wood, on mountains and in snow. I live in Canada were it often gets to -20°C in winter and sometimes -30°C as well. I don't mind much the 1k price difference between the Hunter and the Fat1000 since I plan that this bike will greatly reduce the use of my car which will save me a lot of money in the end.

I was wondering if some of you guys know if it's possible to run a full suspension bike at these temperature without breaking it and having to do a lot of maintenance. If it's to much work, I would go with the Hunter since it has a hard tail.

Do you know anyone who have had some experiences with these bikes? Only found 2 of them for the hunter and 2 of them for the fat1000 on this forum and endless-sphere. They all say they have had great experiences, but it's not a big pool of people.

With their AM1000 model, Frey seemed to have given a great product and a great costumer service, so I'm feeling confident about this company.

Following...I am undecided as to which bike to get...for sure not the FAT100 2.0 because Frey can't import that one into the US...they already have a distributor for that model...it is QuietKat, their Ridge Runner

These guys are decent. They are located in US and have a selection of styles. All Frey frames I believe.

Following...I am undecided as to which bike to get...for sure not the FAT100 2.0 because Frey can't import that one into the US...they already have a distributor for that model...it is QuietKat, their Ridge Runner
Quiet Kat are over priced in my opinion.

I'm hesitating between these two models : Hunter and Fat1000 2.0. I also found the Frey FF1 model which looks really cool, but found some forum saying the the rear suspension was really weird and probably not that reliable. At least the Fat1000 suspension looks exactly the same as the Frey AM1000 which as many good reviews, so probably that the rear suspension of the Fat1000 would be a better bet then the FF1 one.

I prefer the Fat1000 since it has 4.8" tires and a full suspension. I would be using this bike 4 season for commuting, for trails in the wood, on mountains and in snow. I live in Canada were it often gets to -20°C in winter and sometimes -30°C as well. I don't mind much the 1k price difference between the Hunter and the Fat1000 since I plan that this bike will greatly reduce the use of my car which will save me a lot of money in the end.

I was wondering if some of you guys know if it's possible to run a full suspension bike at these temperature without breaking it and having to do a lot of maintenance. If it's to much work, I would go with the Hunter since it has a hard tail.

Do you know anyone who have had some experiences with these bikes? Only found 2 of them for the hunter and 2 of them for the fat1000 on this forum and endless-sphere. They all say they have had great experiences, but it's not a big pool of people.

With their AM1000 model, Frey seemed to have given a great product and a great costumer service, so I'm feeling confident about this company.
Have you looked at Biktrix? Their FS Juggernaut is everything you seem to want. Canadian company too.

Did any of you get the Frey? I seriously considered getting one of them. They look a really nice bike. I went between that and the MD1000 for a week or so.

Did any of you get the Frey? I seriously considered getting one of them. They look a really nice bike. I went between that and the MD1000 for a week or so.
Terry...I am seriously considering the FF1 or the Hunter. Just undecided to go with a Hard-Tail or Full Suspension frame. Cost is not as much a factor as function.

MarTar9000: please jump in with why you would consider the Hunter or FF1 or AM1000 variant

I did the math, and the prices from both QuietKat and Bakcou are on the average $1k more than the similar bikes from Frey. This is after factoring in the holiday ( or special membership) discounts, "free ship", and waived sales tax. Added bonus of the free trailers and cooler and swag were also considered.

Only factor not known to me at this point is the post sales service from Fray. I own numerous China made sporting tools and found when I have a problem with the item purchased, a US based company is a blessing to have in making things right.

Anyone with personal knowledge with after sales experiences with Fray, please chime in.

I dunno if the current shortage of bikes will affect your bike when you order but it’s defo worth checking before you pull the trigger if you’re ordering from China brother.

Anyone get one from Frey?
I just got my Frey Hunter this past week. It took longer than expected because of the shipping containers being congested at port. The bike is very solid and the sales folks at Frey have been very accommodating. Usually a response within 24 hours because of the time difference, but they do seem to care about their customers. I'm loving the heck out of this thing. On flat road I got up to speeds of around 33 mph. Some of the rougher terrain makes me think about getting the full suspension but not sure if it is that big of a deal.

I just got my Frey Hunter this past week. It took longer than expected because of the shipping containers being congested at port. The bike is very solid and the sales folks at Frey have been very accommodating. Usually a response within 24 hours because of the time difference, but they do seem to care about their customers. I'm loving the heck out of this thing. On flat road I got up to speeds of around 33 mph. Some of the rougher terrain makes me think about getting the full suspension but not sure if it is that big of a deal.
Anymore updates on how the hunter is going for you? I’m in contact with Frey at the minute and will probably order a bike next week.very new to the e bike scene and bikes in general. I’m wondering if I should upgrade the front fork to the GTMRK upside down 150mm? Also do you think it would be worth going for the battery upgrade. Very interested to hear how the bike has been going for you and if you would recommend making any changes to the standard build.
Im a big guy about 220 lb and will be using it on rocky terrain both tracks and off road to get to my fishing and hunting spots. Thanks in advance
Cman

Back