Fat Tire Mid-Drive: CSC FT1000MD vs Addmotor M5600 vs... anything else?

Escoozeh

Region
USA
I'm looking to purchase a fat tire electric mid-drive for use on the weekends. Riding mostly paved roads/ paths with the occasional dirt path so nothing major. My budget is $3k +/- a couple hundred if it's worth it. I quickly realize that in the world of pre-built fat tire ebikes, $3k isn't much so I guess all my options are budget? I've landed on these 2 brands/ models because their headquarters are relatively local. However, I will still likely have to pay a local bike shop to assemble. Post sale support is a big deal for me and although Addmotor has been around and there are reviews on their customer service (some good some not so good), I can't really find anything on CSC as they've been selling motorcycles for a majority of their time- despite this I'm leaning a bit towards the CSC for the M620 (torque sensor) and the fork they use (M5600 uses an offbrand inverted fork).

Are there any other bikes I should consider? I saw the Frey Liberty Hybrid Hunter is somewhat in the same range offering better components and a larger battery. However, the fact that it's coming direct from China with no U.S. based phone number makes me hesitant. I also couldn't find much in way of people's experience with their customer service.

Why a fat bike especially if you aren't specifically riding it in sand or snow.
I feel they're a bit more stable especially at speed. I also hope to ride it on some fire trails. I'd consider sand once I'm a bit more comfortable. I know fat tires aren't exactly designed for pavement but I've ridden a few and enjoy the overall feel.

Consider saving up a bit and going for the Etek Hunter mid-drive or alternative 30A battery bikes which looks the same and built on same frame, check my other threads on this topic

Back