Frey CC

Voila ,scrape and squeak have gone !!..........Rode 2 laps round the block (3km ).and applied the brakes probably 50 times as hard as I could pull on the lever ,still had a little squeak ,so I gently sanded the rotors with some fine aluminium oxide sand paper on both sides of the disc. Squeak gone !!!!

I was worried that the squeak might of been damaging the disc but there is no scoring that I can see ,some slight wear marks but thats all.......the disc is 100 dollars NZ.

Cant thank you enough ,probably saved me upwards of 300 dollars!

Will go on my standard 23 km ride tonight and test it properly ......

The power of the internet !!!!!

Earlier today I paid for a red Frey CC from https://www.wexgear.com/e-bikes that was in stock. He should have more coming in stock in the December/January timeframe in Calgary Canada. I'll keep you guys posted on how fast it ships and arrives across the border in the USA.

In the meantime, does anyone have a list of the torque values for all the nuts and bolts, as I plan on checking the torques on it when it arrives to ensure nothing comes loose? Anything else I should know about the Frey CC before it arrives?

I was worried about this too.

I couldn't find any published numbers ,the front axle has a torque label on it ,i just used common sense and snugged them up ,but dont swing on the spanner !!!!!

The handlebar bolts had loctite already applied to ,them ,snugged them up so the bars were secure .

I have done 14ookm on mine (cc) with no issues ,went over all the other fasteners on assemby day ,some were a bit loose ...checked them all yesterday ,no issues.

May not be the lightest but the bike is a joy to ride and super stable at speed. Cruising down the long hill at the start of my ride I have to remind myself that going 40+ mph isn't going to end well if a tire blew, but if I'm not looking at the display and pumping the brakes to return to sanity I wouldn't know how fast I was going. Of course, I marvel at how light my sub 50 pound bike is to lift, same as how I used to marvel at how light my 25 pound acoustic bike was, but for a city ride or light off road I'm taking my CC any day.
I need to ride the CC a little more...

I try to ride it every day .they are stunning machines and well worth the money in my opinion.............

Mine has gone past 1500 km now ,just bought a new back tyre ,original looks about half worn ,bought it locally ,in case covid causes shortages.

Where are you riding? My moto x have 2500+ miles and tread looks fine. Mostly pavement though.

Where are you riding? My moto x have 2500+ miles and tread looks fine. Mostly pavement though.
I think it is a fine bike, just a tad heavy. If somebody would give me 3500 I would give them the whole kit and kaboodle including Topeak bag and Kryptonite Ulock and Cable. ( I think I have under 300 miles on it) I over-estimated my riding desire and my kids are busy working...

I think we could build one up with a chinese sourced cf frame ,,,might not need the big bafang motor ,and have similar performance ,,,,,,thinking about it .

Tom ,the riding surface where I usually ride is a bitumen surfaced ,metal chip combination ,its quite rough to the touch,about 100 grit sand paper equivalent .

I had a good look at it this morning while walking our old dog ,hands and knees job!!!!! to check the surface .

I ride with the Kapiti e bike group on Tuesdays and Thursdays ,we do 50 km or so over the two days ,if any thing I think their riding surface is the same material but a bit rougher perhaps.

There is an excellent net work of shared paths in Kapiti ,next to a new motor way ,our meeting point is under one of the big motor way flyovers,great social occaision with a civilised coffee stop on both days !!!

There is plenty of tread left ,just thought I'd get one for stock...in these covid times ,you never know when they will be available when you need one !!

I think it is a fine bike, just a tad heavy. If somebody would give me 3500 I would give them the whole kit and kaboodle including Topeak bag and Kryptonite Ulock and Cable. ( I think I have under 300 miles on it) I over-estimated my riding desire and my kids are busy working...
I might be interested. Can you describe the bike. I'm new to the forum and can't suss out the details. Thanks.

I might be interested. Can you describe the bike. I'm new to the forum and can't suss out the details. Thanks.

This bike above.

Attachments

• Free Ride Enjoy.jpg
    Free Ride Enjoy.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 206
Had an interesting visit at Lekkie.tech today after enquiring about acessories for the Bafang Ultra.

They invited me down to their factory to have a look.

They market a range of acessories for Bafang electric motors from pedal cranks to motor covers with a grease nipple so that they dont need to be diamantle d for maintenance .

The designer of the cranks clearanced the back of the LH crank and fitted the cranks while i waited ,they are 160 mm long.the two guys I dealt with had a full on ride of my cc in the steet outside their work shop !

They commented on a whine from the left side of the motor under throttle ,it has been there since the bike was new .

They ,pulled the casing off and the bearing remained on the rotor shaft ,measured the housing and found that it was bigger than the bearing ,and looked like the bearing had been spinning in the casing ,they secured it with a couple of drops of loctite .

The bearing had an od of 26mm ,would like to get a new bearing and have if sleeved by an engineering friend of mine .

There appears to be no parts list or dia grams for the ultra.

does any one know the size of the bearing ,or have solved the same problem.?

Its much quieter by the way ,still not perfect though.

Hi, back on deck after 3 months in the wilderness. Been catching up, good to see you have your cc and getting into it. Can you tell me what your routine is for chain cleaning /lube. Cheers

I'm a fair weather rider and not often riding in wet conditions so rely on muc off c3 ceramic dry lube. Seems to be a good choice based on this video:

My routine is to fully clean the chain and drivetrain a about once a month with a degreaser and chain cleaner, let the chain dry, and re-lube. Otherwise I just wipe down the chain and jockey wheels once a week (or sooner if it looks like it needs it) and reapply a thin layer of lube in the evening so as to let it dry overnight before riding.

Back