First Brose ebikes for my wife and I

Sweetwater

My previous ebikes have all been Bosch motors and they have done very well.
Between us, we've had #2 Bosch speed versions, mine sold with 3300 miles and wife still riding hers with >4000 miles.
I've also had #3 Powerline Cx motors, Gen 2, 3 and still have the Gen 4 on a Bulls Monster E FS.
My wife decided to buy a Bulls Estream Evo AM3 which she has been riding for 3 months now.
It has impressed me enough that I sold the Gen 3 Bosch and have a new Estream Evo AM4 arriving today.
It seems this Brose forum is very quiet so I'm wondering about the most recent experiences with the Brose Mag S 90nM torque motor.
Is anybody out there?

I believe that motor is used in the Specialized Turbo Vados as well as some other brands, so if you don't get an answer here, it would be worth checking there. It's an active forum.

I believe that motor is used in the Specialized Turbo Vados as well as some other brands, so if you don't get an answer here, it would be worth checking there. It's an active forum.
The Brose motors made for Specialized are believed to be a modified exclusive version. Moreover, Brose leaves the matter of the battery, controller and display to the OEM (Bulls in this case). Therefore, not all Brose equipped e-bikes are the same.

Regarding Bulls, there was time when I was interested in E-Stream Evo 45 AM. However, I had no chance to demo ride it so I chose other e-bikes at that stage of my life.

I have a Ride1Up Prodigy on order that has a Brose motor. It should be here in April. I will be giving my overall opinion when I receive it.
The main reason I went with an ebike using the Brose motor is that it is reported to be quiet powerful and have a smooth natural feeling power delivery. I have been burned with terrible power delivery ebike that I want to avoid. Ride1Up has a good reputation. The Prodigy uses the Brose motor, upper end components, the reviews are glowing and of course the reasonable price of the unit all helped me make the decision to purchase one. Time will tell if I made a good decision. I feel confident I did.

In between snow storms, I got the bike assembled and put on 30 ish miles.
What a great upgrade in components and drive system.
I did mount my gel seat, Abus and thin, flat aluminum pedals.
My only disappointment is that small, hard to read display/controller.
The Blocks 14D isn't even as informative as the Bosch Purion.
I've had the Nyon and Intuvia on Bosch bikes and the Nyon has GPS and routing.
The new version is even better.
What's a better upgrade for a Brose display?
hmmmmm
Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 13-16-52 Photo - Google Photos.png

I have the Harley Davidson Serial 1 speed with the brose mag s motor- I like the motor - very smoothly - esp paired with the enviolo AutomatiQ hub.

Last edited:
I have the Harley Davidson Serial 1 speed with the brose mag s motor- I like the motor - very smoothly but I don’t like the enviolo AutomatiQ hub it’s paired with.
Interesting. Is it. In the serial one forum?

serial 1 owner here and haven't had those issues on my Rush/CTY Speed ). I'm able to get my class 3 up to top speed and get about 35 miles on top assist. I love the display (bright in all conditions) and the mid-drive has been a blast. Its super low in the bike so its been a blast to drive. I don't notice the engine noise while pedaling but hear it sometimes while listening a recording.

And now for the bad news:
Wife took her bike in for a tune up with 1200 miles.
That Blok display went down and I've understood it's on backorder and not available to replace.
Mine has never had good rocker position and feel so I've ordered the color Allround but it's a long ship from Europe.
She can use my Blok as her backup until the warranty replacement arrives.
Mmmmmph.

I have the Brose motor (not the mag, the regular S), on my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro. I love it. It is quiet, smooth and natural feeling, just as you have heard. My husband has a Specialized Vado 6 (a Class 3) and he loves it, too. Only problems I have had are when there is a disconnect between the battery and the controller, easily solved by removing and re-setting the battery back in place. Usually only happens when riding on very rough road.

I am looking forward to teskow's report on the Ride1up Prodigy - - it would be nice to have Class 3 speed sometimes.

I stated my reason earlier here my reasons for taking a chance in ordering the Ride1Up Prodigy. I now have a couple hundred miles on it and am thrilled to report it turned out to be everything I had hoped for. No surprises or dissapointments whatsoever. I am even happy with the seat. LOL. In short it is a wonderfully designed unit that I would recommend to anyone looking for a quality machine. I am one of those guys who buys something but continues to keep looking to see if I made a mistake with a purchase after I get it. I am happy to report that has not happened. I did not make a mistake.
It is not hard to see that I am a happy camper.

And now for the bad news:
Wife took her bike in for a tune up with 1200 miles.
That Blok display went down and I've understood it's on backorder and not available to replace.
Mine has never had good rocker position and feel so I've ordered the color Allround but it's a long ship from Europe.
She can use my Blok as her backup until the warranty replacement arrives.
Mmmmmph.
Bloody hell as the Brits say...
Got stiffed by the seller on the Allround display, PayPal did do a refund.
On another forum, it was noted that his Bloks display was replaced under warranty with the Allround pictured earlier.
Ebikes 508 says it won't work and is continuing not to replace it due to that backorder.
My wifes bike will not power up.

Back