Finally pulled the trigger on my first ebike, thank you for all the reviews!

CalgaryDHR

Region
Canada
I thought I would do my part for the internet and post a bit about my new Norco Scene VLT. I bought it new, size large, Jade Green. I love the way it rides; the Shimano Steps 6100 is working very well for me, and I really like the big wide comfy seat and upright position. The tires are almost comically wide, but the Kendas have a cool tread. I may go a little smaller sometime to try and change the cornering a bit, but I do like the ride quality so far. The dropper seat post was a surprise, but it will make it easier to share and, as their literature suggests, it is very comfy for sitting at traffic lights. Finally, the removeable battery works great for my parking (in public, outdoors in cold weather that is bad for batteries). The stepthrough frame is easy and the bike is just light enough that it doesn't bother me to lift it up a couple of stairs.

I have also been busy modifying it to my tastes. I added a rear rack instantly; a different seatpost ring that would accomodate rack struts helped there. I added an Ursus Jumbo double kickstand, which required a 1" spacer block and cutting about 1.25" off the legs of the kickstand. Finally, I just added hardwired lights, which I want to cover in detail in another post.

I thought I would do my part for the internet and post a bit about my new Norco Scene VLT. I bought it new, size large, Jade Green. I love the way it rides; the Shimano Steps 6100 is working very well for me, and I really like the big wide comfy seat and upright position. The tires are almost comically wide, but the Kendas have a cool tread. I may go a little smaller sometime to try and change the cornering a bit, but I do like the ride quality so far. The dropper seat post was a surprise, but it will make it easier to share and, as their literature suggests, it is very comfy for sitting at traffic lights. Finally, the removeable battery works great for my parking (in public, outdoors in cold weather that is bad for batteries). The stepthrough frame is easy and the bike is just light enough that it doesn't bother me to lift it up a couple of stairs.

I have also been busy modifying it to my tastes. I added a rear rack instantly; a different seatpost ring that would accomodate rack struts helped there. I added an Ursus Jumbo double kickstand, which required a 1" spacer block and cutting about 1.25" off the legs of the kickstand. Finally, I just added hardwired lights, which I want to cover in detail in another post.
Pictures please!

Pictures please!
20220315_122401.jpg

In stock form, just purchased.

Back