Felt Outdoor hunting/fishing expedition bike

The Outfitter looks pretty sweet right! Snapped a couple of pictures myself at Interbike. Absolutely love the camouflage, the trailer is also sweet and the front and rear racks just make this thing look so bad ass. Can't wait to test it out someday!

felt-outfitter-electric-bike.jpg felt-outfitter-interbike.jpg

What kind of non-knobby tires can the Outfitter use?

I like the solid front and rear racks. I am considering using the Outfitter to carry 25-50 lbs of food, 2 miles from the store, up a 10-20% grade hill.

Can a hub motor be used in the trailer wheel, if I do not get enough power to go at 10mph up a 10% grade?

I could play with the Outfitter on trails in a local park with 20% grades, so a little more versatile than Bruhauler.

Mike, the Outfitter can use most 26x3.8" tires. There are several brands that make them including Schwalbe, Surly, 45NRTH, Maxxis, etc.

The racks used are produced by Old Man Mountain. We are in the process of building a custom Lebowske which will use the same racks. The build will be completed this week and I hope to post some pics.

Mike, the Outfitter can use most 26x3.8" tires. There are several brands that make them including Schwalbe, Surly, 45NRTH, Maxxis, etc.

The racks used are produced by Old Man Mountain. We are in the process of building a custom Lebowske which will use the same racks. The build will be completed this week and I hope to post some pics.

I really like the Outfitter and Bruhaul ! My needs are transportation oriented. Recreation is secondary. I want to minimize car use. I run to the store as much as possible and carry 10-35 lbs of food back. A cargo bike would be a big relief!

Can a hub motor be used in the trailer wheel, if I do not get enough power to go at 10mph up a 10% grade?

I'm sure you could use a hub motor in the trailer wheel although I don't think you'll need it. It's pretty powerful.

That is what I am looking for. I have never seen any cyclist pedal up my hill at more than 4mph. I am told by the bike shops that the few guys who do it are serious centurions, too. I run uphill faster than they pedal.

The hill is an extinct volcano/canyon, so you can imagine it is not easy with 50 lbs of food.

Back