eTrikes (fat tires) currently Manufactured in Canada

AlmonteGuy

Region
Canada
Greetings. Totally new to all this and needing a solid eTrike w/fat tires for city and (easy) dedicated trails. I want to support and buy from a Canadian Mfr.
Looking for a list of current Manufacturers I can order from, or, buy from one of their dealers. Anyone with such a list? Thanks eh! (I am located near Ottawa, Ontario).

The only one I have any experience with and possibly recommend is Voltbike out of Coquitlam B.C.
I have been to their warehouse a couple of times and got a good vibe. My friend has a Voltbike Yukon Limited and loves it, although I think he is a bit tired of the 'Fat tire' experience. I see they make a trike called the Trio.
You could also look up Rize bikes in Richmond B.C. and Biktrix in Saskatoon, SK. These are the only other two that I can come up with off the top of my head. I'm not sure if either of them offer trikes, and have zero experience with them.
You'll also see threads here that specifically refer to most manufacturers bikes under the Sub forum, 'Discussion by Brand and User reviews'
Hope this helps a bit. CN

Last edited:
Timpo is correct. Pretty much the majority of stuff is out of China these days. Being Canadian only means that's where the company is based out of. Not much of anything is manufactured in Canada. CN

If by manufactured you mean assembled there might be a slim chance. But I suspect you will have to find a custom builder to them hand build one for you. Expect to pay about $15,000. You don't mention what kind of trike design you want. Tadpole, traditional, or delta trike. Outrider might be close to a USA made version. https://outriderusa.com/pages/our-philosophy

Consider me corrected by changing Manufacturer to, perhaps,”Distributor of their own brand quality etrikes which are made oversees” or some such? Yes, I realize anything entirely made here would be expensive as well as rare (but that was the default option when I was a young lad bike shopping!). Anyway, I am still looking for a quality etrike as I get into my sunset years.

Back