Espin Nero

Ok. The scoop on the Espin bike delay. I e mailed Espin about the delays for the delivery of the Nero. They confirmed that the bikes which arrived at the W Coast Port (probably LA) at the end of October have not yet been unloaded from the boat. Normally imported goods are unloaded from vessels by longshoremen, transported by truck to warehouses where custom inspects. However, due to no fault of Espin, the ports at LA and Longbeach are nearly gridlocked. I determined this by some independent research and news articles. Apparently there is a surge of goods coming into the US, some of it previously delayed by the covid pandemic. There is also a shortage of dock workers to unload the vessels and some disruption to the trucking companies. Unloaded goods are piled up at the port waiting to be picked up. Trucking companies complain they are getting penalized for delays. I am sure the situation is more complicated. Bottom line is the port delays are slowing down a lot of goods. This is likely to affect other bikes and related goods coming into these two ports. Everyone expects large volumes of goods to continue to be transported through these ports due to demand and the coming holiday season. Do not know if attempts to ship before new tariffs that might go into effect in January are a contributing factor. No idea when we will get our bikes but Espin says they are checking on the situation daily.

Saw this article in the LA Times today.

Attachments

• Los Angeles Times - eNewspaper freight.pdf
    518.7 KB · Views: 427
Anyone get an email update this past week?

I had gotten two 'October Batch Follow Up' emails on Monday's 11/2 and 11/9. No email arrived this week.....

I got this today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-153818_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-153818_Gallery.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 321
Yes I got the same message. I still think it is strange our bikes are stuck on the vessel for three week, but the Espin Sports got delivered. Makes me suspect something else is amiss like some error/difficulty with the paperwork.

Likely so but that being the case who is at fault, the company, the broker or CBP ?
My employment educated call would be the company, broker liaison between the importer / company or perhaps product competition and their sales?
It is getting real close to the point that the holiday season I is closing in and the last thing that CB P and the Dept of Comarse has no need for goods and or service needs to be in a container yard / facility awaiting examination and clearance . That just adds to the problem of not getting the product out into the Comarse for consumption.
If that were the case Santa would be really screwed!
ho ho ho oh hell no this year a Vivid Santa no show!
Fishman

I see others getting their sports and flows. I am soooo jealous :)
Who's received a Flow? Did I miss something? Supposed to be "Late November", we're waiting on one of those as well.

My bad on the 'Flows'....I saw some comments on Sports and mispoke.....

I did get an email update that the Nero's have been released....

"I am happy to announce the containers for the Nero’s have finally been discharged. We will receive the containers to our warehouse by next week and will begin shipping soon after we have unloaded them. ..."

I received same e mail. Looks like we should have them in 2 weeks or so - At least they will be here before Christmas.

Who's received a Flow? Did I miss something? Supposed to be "Late November", we're waiting on one of those as well.
I got my Flow Tuesday Nov24 that ordered Aug 22. When I ordered the projected ship date was Oct. It took 5 days via FedEx to ship LA to Buffalo. The box was in remarkable good shape with no damage to bike.
The bike is double boxed so it seemed well protected. It took longer to get all the protective wrapping off than it did to put it together. Hope you get yours soon.

I got my Flow Tuesday Nov24 that ordered Aug 22. When I ordered the projected ship date was Oct. It took 5 days via FedEx to ship LA to Buffalo. The box was in remarkable good shape with no damage to bike.
The bike is double boxed so it seemed well protected. It took longer to get all the protective wrapping off than it did to put it together. Hope you get yours soon.
I ask for a status update about a week ago, and received one of those form letters directing me to the website info (which is never updated). Other than that, just crickets....

We should be hearing something soon I expect....

Back