Error code on EVO Street when braking

Cherylcd

Just started getting an error code: an exclamation point within a circle (!) displaying just to the left of my power bars on my center display ( 2018 EVO Street e-bike). It only displays when brakes are being applied. I really don't think anything is wrong but don't know why it's suddenly there. Or how to get it to reset. Cycling power on the display does not change it. Anybody know anything about this? Any advice? Thanks.

an error code: an exclamation point within a circle (!)

That is not an error code. Those bikes come with brake cut-off i.e., if you gently press the lever, it cuts off power to the motor and it is displayed as (!).
This is a safety feature and prevents from accidental acceleration at a stop light even if you have your foot on the pedals.

Sometimes we get into the habit of thinking negative :)
it's all good. Enjoy your bike.

For BH ebikes, error is when it says : Error xx, where xx will be a number. Hopefully you'll never ever have to see that Error message.

That is not an error code. Those bikes come with brake cut-off i.e., if you gently press the lever, it cuts off power to the motor and it is displayed as (!).
This is a safety feature and prevents from accidental acceleration at a stop light even if you have your foot on the pedals.

Sometimes we get into the habit of thinking negative :)
it's all good. Enjoy your bike.
Thanks a lot for that information. Very reassuring. It's just that I've never noticed it before and wondered why it's started displaying now. I love the bike. It's so much fun to ride!

Back