eMTB Options For 2024

Since we're looking at staggering numbers.......I present to you emtb shuttle maths.

Paul has an emtb with a 500 wh battery and a car with a 150 w inverter.

Paul uses that car to shuttle sprogette 1 up mt taylor, then retrieves the car using an emtb so he can terrify himself trying to keep up with sprogette 1 on the descent.

Riding up mt taylor uses 12% of his battery, driving up then back down again takes 15 minutes.

If Paul recharges each trip, how many runs can he do until his legs hurt?

Since we're looking at staggering numbers.......I present to you emtb shuttle maths.

Paul has an emtb with a 500 wh battery and a car with a 150 w inverter.

Paul uses that car to shuttle sprogette 1 up mt taylor, then retrieves the car using an emtb so he can terrify himself trying to keep up with sprogette 1 on the descent.

Riding up mt taylor uses 12% of his battery, driving up then back down again takes 15 minutes.

If Paul recharges each trip, how many runs can he do until his legs hurt?

Scarcity is the prime aspect driving high prices. Why should the main figures running bike manufacture and distribution do anything different?
No. It is because it is an S-WORKS :D How could a Ferrari be cheap?

Guys! (Especially @PDoz): I have got rid of the tubeless setup on my Trance E+ (as he had predicted, haha). Gone with Johnny Watts. Perhaps not for technical single-track but now I can achieve with a single wheel set what @Browneye gets from his two :)

When I bought my Giant Fathom E+1 Pro last July, it also came with a free one-time "Pro" Service (within the first year).
I called them this morning to book in, and the next available slot is Wednesday May 12th...
Not a big deal, but it speaks volumes about how busy LBS' are these days.

Mountain Pro Tune - $279

As SRAM says, "there is a level where your equipment matches your dedication"... the same can be said for servicing your equipment. All the love and attention a bike could ask for...
This is a full strip down and rebuild of your bicycle.

Removal of wheels and cranks
Full cleaning, all drivetrain components cleaned in parts washer (chain, cassette, cranks, derailleurs)
Adjustment of all bearing surfaces, replacement and repacking applicable bearing
Labor to replace all needed parts to complete service
Overhaul of all bearing surfaces
Truing and tension adjustment of wheels
Inflate tires, Check torque of applicable fasteners, Re-install cranks and wheels
Adjust & BLEED brakes, True derailleur hanger
Adjustments to drivetrain, Lube all drivetrain components
Test riding bicycle
NOTE: This tune does not include any suspension or linkage services (but 1/2 price labour if required as part of 12 month post-purchase services)

When I bought my Giant Fathom E+1 Pro last July, it also came with a free one-time "Pro" Service (within the first year).
I called them this morning to book in, and the next available slot is Wednesday May 12th...

Mountain Pro Tune - $279

As SRAM says, "there is a level where your equipment matches your dedication"... the same can be said for servicing your equipment. All the love and attention a bike could ask for...

Full cleaning, all drivetrain components cleaned in parts washer (chain, cassette, cranks, derailleurs)
Adjustment of all bearing surfaces, replacement and repacking applicable bearing
Inflate tires, Check torque of applicable fasteners, Re-install cranks and wheels
Test riding bicycle
NOTE: This tune does not include any suspension or linkage services (but 1/2 price labour if required as part of 12 month post-purchase services)
Nice. 👍 👍

Mountain Pro Tune - $279

Test riding bicycle
Wow, that's sweet Randall! Wish that I could have swung a deal with a LBS but alas mine was an out-of-province purchase. :(

Mountain Pro Tune - $279

Test riding bicycle

My lbs surprised me with "lifetime" free service! Pretty much all the above , plus they check / update software.

I usually book it for a birthday service and ask them to also service the linkages and suspension, plus FLUSH rather than just bleed the brakes - mostly so there is something I can pay them for! Even then, it comes in under $250 ( aus) - but unfortunately means leaving the bike with them for over a day ( 2 x 2 hour return drives - a good excuse to go sailing)

They have employed extra mechanics to keep up with demand, and there are now 2 working out in the showroom. I myst admit, I'm not excited by having someone work on my bike who can get distracted by customers, but so far there haven't been any issues.

I have a 16 yo daughter who has started throwing evil phrases at me, like " can you help with my maths homework? " . It's been 4 decades since I last used that part of my brain....

Anyway, you missed a decimal point on the unknown variable ( my legs) and should have factored in pain is exponential - the answer was 0.5 AND - 0.7

Next question - how many people on this forum just started scribbling away on pieces of paper?

No. It is because it is an S-WORKS :D How could a Ferrari be cheap?

Guys! (Especially @PDoz): I have got rid of the tubeless setup on my Trance E+ (as he had predicted, haha). Gone with Johnny Watts. Perhaps not for technical single-track but now I can achieve with a single wheel set what @Browneye gets from his two :)
I am leaning towards the JW tires for my next set due to their tread design. I am also starting to see them 'in stock' on more websites than I did a short while ago.

Yeah, I thought I saw a price tag of $13,000!?! Oh my. o_O
The new Levo is initially debuting with two models, the Levo Pro Carbon with an MSRP of US$13,000 and the Levo S-Works Carbon with an MSRP of US$15,000.

1616640450209.png

1616640367815.png

Back