eMTB Options For 2024

I'm surprised on the weight of 53 lbs considering the front triangle is carbon and it's using the Bosch CX Gen4 motor. Base model $5500...ouch. I know it's a Hybrid but a bit surprised he categorized it as more of a trail rider with all that suspension travel. Still, beautiful bike.

Weight is the price you pay for " rugged" and extra travel, the extra battery, an an xl size - I'm surprised he gets so many test bikes because comoaring an xl to medium test bikes weight is bad advertising.

I wonder if the trail rather than down hill comment is a polite way of saying it's not as confidence inspiring as the competition? He certainly didn't look comfortable riding it!

Attachments

• C1352BAB-AA0E-4D84-902E-BC68C6028121.jpeg
    C1352BAB-AA0E-4D84-902E-BC68C6028121.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 291
The Kenevo, as well as, for example, Giant Reign are Enduro e-bikes. (Specialized are very specific in their documentation the brand makes no DH e-bike). The Haibike might make the spec. The point is, if the essence of mountain biking is downhill, then the cyclist will get the lift atop the hill. I agree that Enduro e-bikes can be ridden for DH.

Hope you know a good osteopathic surgeon.😲 I can recommend several.

I'm happy with mine, he's lived through a truck vs bike incident so I consider him suitably qualified .

The point is, if the essence of mountain biking is downhill, then the cyclist will get the lift atop the hill.

The hardcore DH riders don't limit themselves to commercial venues with lifts

Would they ride ebike?

They do around here! Two different groups:

Old man Down Hill is in his late mid life crisis, used to race DH +/- motorbikes. He's either retired or a FIFO worker who has lots of spare time. I guess you could call his riding enduro - uphills that I'm scared to walk up, down hills I'm scared to look at. There's a few hundred km of those trails in the mountains I can see from home.

Spawn of omdh ....genetically predisposed to keeping orthopaedic surgeons in business , daddy hands down last years bikes. Works as a carpenter or in the forestry industry so has the ability to sneak into the bush and enhance those hundreds of km of trail...... What could possibly go wrong?

A Purpose-built tool with long travel and rake. Best of both worlds to ride EMTB up and bomb down. ;)

What's really interesting is the order haibike lists their products

Allmountain THEN Downhill, Enduro, Trail, Fat

Notice the allmountain offers the flyon motor (120 nm) , whilst they only have yamaha in the down hill range. I recall a conversation with my LBS where he mentioned all the younger hard core guys were heading for less travel and lighter bikes to ride their down hill. I think we were talking about snapped frames at the time....

A Purpose-built tool with long travel and rake. Best of both worlds to ride EMTB up and bomb down. ;)

View attachment 60636
I watched the Red Bull Rampage. Those guys are all certifiable! They´ll blow out both knees if they make it to 30, with enuff
internal stainless steel to bust an airport metal detector.....I know.

Last edited:
What's really interesting is the order haibike lists their products

Allmountain THEN Downhill, Enduro, Trail, Fat

Notice the allmountain offers the flyon motor (120 nm) , whilst they only have Yamaha in the down hill range. I recall a conversation with my LBS where he mentioned all the younger hard core guys were heading for less travel and lighter bikes to ride their down hill. I think we were talking about snapped frames at the time....

Yes, because All-mountain bikes need loads of Torque for climbing... Downhill not so much. ;)

Last edited:
I watched the Red Bull Rampage. Those guys are all certifiable! They´ll blow out both knees by the time they´re 30, with enuff

No self respecting mtb rider would accept stainless parts....titanium if they are desperate, but ceramic composite in first world countries;)

I watched the Red Bull Rampage. Those guys are all certifiable! They´ll blow out both knees by the time they´re 30, with enuff

An amazing story of loss and then recovery on an EBike.

Back