Ebike rear wheel suddenly stopped working makes a strange sound

Jaxo97

Idk what could the problem be and I dont even know how to factory reset it,so basically I was just pushing my bike on foot and turned it off when I tried to start it up it just wouldn't spin the wheel any ideas?? I made a video and put it on youtube
when I hold the throttle it just does the same sound as before also the bike is Alfawise x1 on the website it says I can factory reset it if I put the settings on P00 but after looking through them I just couldn't find it

Obviously something has come loose inside the hub motor. Sorry to see that. Now's the perfect time to learn how to repair your bike though. Disconnect the battery, pull the rear wheel off the bike, and open up the hub motor. Take pics as you go along. This video will help. All the geared hub motors are essentially the same. You may be able to open yours up w/o removing the spokes.

If you do have to take the spokes out, here you go. Where would we be w/o youtube videos?

Last edited:
Probably broke something in the wheel. The audio in your video is poor, but it sound like noise is coming out of the motor.

The motor turns a set of nylon gears and there is a clutch that allows the wheel to spin without turning the wheel when you're coasting. When the motor spins like that, either the gears are got hot and melted, or the clutch is broken.

I think the odds of finding either the gears or a clutch are zero. You must buy a new motor from the bike maker if you are not able to fabricate something home made.

Occasionally, a magnet will come loose. When that happens it can jam up a motor pretty good.

In any case, it sounds like the motor needs to be taken apart for inspection.

Back