Ebike connect doesn't display ascent/descent.

Tasmart

Region
Australia
I recently purchased a TREK Rail 9.8 and am loving it.
I sync the Kiox data with my Android Bosch ebike connect app.
The app displays an altitude graph, but doesn't display ascent or descent on another page.
Is Bosch updating/fixing this?

No solution in sight - but it really must be just a software fix as the altitude is displayed on the graphical display - although sometimes is not complete or accurate. Sad really to have the capability, even have the label, and not be displayed. I also can't get the Kiox to diplay Heart Rate although the device indicates connectivity with my Whoop device. As a result I run Sports Tracker on my phone that records altitude and HR.

No solution in sight - but it really must be just a software fix as the altitude is displayed on the graphical display - although sometimes is not complete or accurate. Sad really to have the capability, even have the label, and not be displayed. I also can't get the Kiox to diplay Heart Rate although the device indicates connectivity with my Whoop device. As a result I run Sports Tracker on my phone that records altitude and HR.
Thanks for this - at least I know it isn't just me!
Cheers, John

I've just updated my Kiox to 3.1.1. Still no ascent figures. Contacted Bosch, they are still working on it, slated for a future release. Nyon works fine (has its own GPS) but there is a manufacturing shortfall of those...

I've just joined the forum, so maybe someone's already answered your post, but my Wahoo TICKR shows up just fine on my Kiox...HR, avg. HR, max. HR.. Once you pair the KICKR to the Kiox via Bluetooth, it's saved then before your ride, go to the Settings/Bluetooth menu and use the Connect function. Sometimes you have to start the Kiox first and then the TICKR, sometimes not, but it definitely works.

Last edited:
With kiox the gps tracking is solved as part of mobile application (ebike connnect), so there is gps known like the nyon21 has. So the problem is in software part of mobile application and by some reasons not implemented. The implementation on mobile ios/android side could be much easier than nyon.

My Kiox was updated 2 days ago by my TREK dealer to have the light switch enabled. I think they also had the Kiox software version updated to 4.0.2.0, as a few new icons appeared on my home screen. Rode a 45 mile ride on my Domane+HP today. Connected my Kiox to the eBike connect app on my iphone 12. Lo and Behold, I am now seeing my ascent totals for the ride!

My Kiox was updated 2 days ago by my TREK dealer to have the light switch enabled. I think they also had the Kiox software version updated to 4.0.2.0, as a few new icons appeared on my home screen. Rode a 45 mile ride on my Domane+HP today. Connected my Kiox to the eBike connect app on my iphone 12. Lo and Behold, I am now seeing my ascent totals for the ride!
Brilliant, thanks for letting us know, must get that update!

My Kiox updated automatically through my android eBike Connect app. I didn't have to go into the dealer. It changed icons, changed the background to a light colour so much more readable and also now displays ascent & descent data in the phone app! Sadly still won't display HR from my WHOOP despite showing that it is connected.

Back