E-Horn?

I just ordered this one, along with an upgraded front and rear light. I'll write a review here when it arrives and I installed it.

Busch + Müller E-Bike Horn - 660CTU35PB
View attachment 37685
I installed this on my Vado, tied it into the front light (soldered it), it's "ok", but sure would be nicer if louder.

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 271
Did you manage to install it? I just got the B&M horn and thinking about the best way to connect it to the system.
Mine should arrive soon (also from bike 24 international shipping), and I have no idea how to hook it up, but I do know I will be opening up my Yamaha anyway to install the supernova light I also ordered, so I will see what I can do then. I couldn't find any installation manual online, but I assume there will be something in the box. (even if it's in German, that's okay...). I see two issues :
A. How to physically connect it.
B. How to route the cables.

Wrapped the wire from the button to the physical horn around the handlebar, opened the Supernova light, and soldered the wires to the back of the PCB. Light always-on, the horn is always on. If you turn the light off, you got no horn. I always ride with lights so it's a no-brainer. I routed the wire with the same wire going to the light and wrapped them with a wire cover (SPIRAL)
(see below)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Loom-Ele...554372?hash=item3daa437bc4:g:hBMAAOSwhqVbBepn
E-Loom Electric Bicycle Spiral Loom Wire Wrap - High Quality eBike Accessory | eBay
Give your DIY Ebike the clean and slick look it deserves. E-Loom is thick, full, and stiff to ensure smooth elegant wire runs. What's more, our Ebike Spiral Loom is much stiffer, with molded with curved edges, instead of cheap slit types.
www.ebay.com

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYW28M...-pcomp-feature-rscomp-wm-5&ref=aa_rscomp&th=1
Amazon.com: DGZZI Spiral Cable Wrap 4mm 25m Black Spiral Wrap Cable Binding Tidy Leads for TV PC Home Cinema CCTV Wires: Home Audio & Theater
Buy DGZZI Spiral Cable Wrap 4mm 25m Black Spiral Wrap Cable Binding Tidy Leads for TV PC Home Cinema CCTV Wires: Cable Sleeves - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com

That one looks like just the cheap moped horn (the same as you'll find inside the juiced alarm horn), but with a special mounting bracket. You can get the base horn super cheap - it's just that it needs 12v with a large amount of current.

Example https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01LM9D94Q/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_9EG4JCPKP8S7GXE21BPZ
I am sure you can find similar on Amazon us if you like.

The real point of the juiced alarm horn is just that most ebikes aren't set up to provide 12v at a high amperage, so the juiced horn has an internal battery and conversion circuitry to allow the user of a cheap motorcycle horn on a bike which normally couldn't power out. If you open it up, you'll see the actual horn is the same as in the links above from you and me.

Last edited:
Yeah I've got the Juiced electronic horn/alarm and it is legit. An actual motorcycle/moped horn that can be heard in cars and grabs peoples attention quick. Love that it can be doubled as a motion detected alarm which can be activated with the included key FOB. Comes with a horn button to strap on the handlebars.

IMG_2412.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

Before the Juiced horn I had one of those cheapo Amazon alarm/horns, and yeah, that thing sucked...was loud enough for pedestrians but cars? No way. It claimed to be waterproof but it was made out of cheap plastic with a lot of places water could go in, very meh.

I recently mounted two horns (my wife's bike and mine) similar to the Juiced horn, which I purchased from Ali Express. They look identical.
So far I'm impressed, considering the price. The only thing I wish this horn/alarm had was a 'mild' beep sound when I come up behind walkers.

I had to mount mine to the handlebars of both bikes, because the clamp would not fit over the frame tubing.

I recently mounted two horns (my wife's bike and mine) similar to the Juiced horn, which I purchased from Ali Express. They look identical.
So far I'm impressed, considering the price. The only thing I wish this horn/alarm had was a 'mild' beep sound when I come up behind walkers.

I had to mount mine to the handlebars of both bikes, because the clamp would not fit over the frame tubing.
I use a separate typical bike bell for walkers as they recognize the sound instantly

I mounted a Steibel Nautilus on my Kawa Z125 and it is super loud. Will try to mount same on the Grizzly when it arrives.

I removed the bell from my Gazelle Bikes Ultimate C380+ a few days ago, but now I am giving some thought to an after-market horn.

I removed the bell from my Gazelle Bikes Ultimate C380+ a few days ago, but now I am giving some thought to an after-market horn.

I tapped into my 36v battery lead and installed a 36v horn from AliExpress. It’s LOUD!

I tapped into my 36v battery lead and installed a 36v horn from AliExpress. It’s LOUD!
Did you do this on Bosch-powered bike? Where exactly did you connect it?
I think technically it is possible to just connect it in parallel to the front light, but I know Bosch doesn't like used-level modifications. Checking with my LBS if they can help me wiring Busch + Müller E-Bike Horn or something similar to the ebike battery.

Did you do this on Bosch-powered bike? Where exactly did you connect it?
I think technically it is possible to just connect it in parallel to the front light, but I know Bosch doesn't like used-level modifications. Checking with my LBS if they can help me wiring Busch + Müller E-Bike Horn or something similar to the ebike battery.
i know very little about Bosch systems. I suggest doing a quick search or posting in one of the Bosch threads.
all the best, T

I tapped the front light wire at the light
Got it, thanks! I am trying not to touch the electrical part of my bike because Bosch generally don't like this. Hoping my LBS will do the wiring - waiting the confirmation from them.

P.S. Confirmed with LBS that Busch + Müller E-Bike Horn should work fine with Bosch motor if connected to the "3rd party accessory" port on the motor. Ordered one from bike24.com (last one :cool: ) and going to try set it up with eBike battery.

Last edited:
Traditional bike bells seem to work well on paths with inattentive pedestrians or over taking slower cyclists. If i were a serious urban commuter i might want more decibels.

Traditional bike bells seem to work well on paths with inattentive pedestrians or over taking slower cyclists. If i were a serious urban commuter i might want more decibels.
The thing is, The scooter horns can be "chirped" significantly reducing the DBs and of course you can signal from greater distance, with full power.
I often beep from 20 feet away and the whole path 40 feet deep responds. Very efficient !

Even using 2 7A lithium battery packs, it wasnt enough juice to power the Stebel completely. So got a 12V transformer and wired into the 52V system. It honks now.. Plus the aux led headlights and turn signals are quite happy.

Back