Dumb question: which way do I turn wrench to remove crank arm on 2022 Vado 5.0?

Now, I can sometimes get it to display a 9 when I press it for one second.
In my situation, a single Walk button press while riding displays 9.0 km/h and it means PearTune is active. The second press displays 3.2 km/h (deactivated). You have to press the Walk mode button on the ride.

In my situation, a single Walk button press while riding displays 9.0 km/h and it means PearTune is active. The second press displays 3.2 km/h (deactivated). You have to press the Walk mode button on the ride.
Oh, interesting! I had only tried it while stopped. I'll give that a try on the ride home today. I assume this only works when you're in Turbo mode then? (otherwise, + would just change your assist level).

Oh, interesting! I had only tried it while stopped. I'll give that a try on the ride home today. I assume this only works when you're in Turbo mode then? (otherwise, + would just change your assist level).
We do not have the same e-bikes (yours is Mastermind Vado IGH and my is Gen 1 Vado SL) but generally PearTune should always work the same way as long as your Walk Mode button works the same way as mine. Mine works regardless of the assistance mode. (My Vado SL has a dedicated Walk Mode button!)

You could be probably better off with the Always On version of PearTune but I think you will eventually sort the things out!

We do not have the same e-bikes (yours is Mastermind Vado IGH and my is Gen 1 Vado SL) but generally PearTune should always work the same way as long as your Walk Mode button works the same way as mine. Mine works regardless of the assistance mode. (My Vado SL has a dedicated Walk Mode button!)

You could be probably better off with the Always On version of PearTune but I think you will eventually sort the things out!
On my bike, I do not have a dedicated walk button. Instead, the + is the walk mode button. So perhaps the PearTune works a bit differently on my bike? I know that entering the chip service menu is different on my bike than others... For example, my bike definitely works differently than shown in their chip service menu video (
). There, they enter the menu by pressing + + from Turbo mode, then - -, then +/- some number of times. But on my bike, I have to turn the light off, then press +/- some number of times. So it seems there are important differences between bikes?

I do not have the always on version, I have the max speed off (MSO) version. So I should be able to activate/deactivate it somehow. I'm sure Katerina will tell me how when she emails me back! But in the meantime, I think I've set my bike to automatically start the PearTune chip when I start the bike, so that should make things easier. :)

Certainly your Vado works differently with all these buttons. I am sure Katerina will give you a good answer! Is replacing your version of PT with the Always On doable?

Certainly your Vado works differently with all these buttons. I am sure Katerina will give you a good answer! Is replacing your version of PT with the Always On doable?
I am not sure! But I did set the chip to automatically start when the bike starts, so hopefully that will have the same effect as Always On.

On my bike, I do not have a dedicated walk button. Instead, the + is the walk mode button. So perhaps the PearTune works a bit differently on my bike? I know that entering the chip service menu is different on my bike than others... For example, my bike definitely works differently than shown in their chip service menu video (
). There, they enter the menu by pressing + + from Turbo mode, then - -, then +/- some number of times. But on my bike, I have to turn the light off, then press +/- some number of times. So it seems there are important differences between bikes?

I do not have the always on version, I have the max speed off (MSO) version. So I should be able to activate/deactivate it somehow. I'm sure Katerina will tell me how when she emails me back! But in the meantime, I think I've set my bike to automatically start the PearTune chip when I start the bike, so that should make things easier. :)

Press & hold briefly the + button IS the walk button on the Mastermind Vado 5 IGH, I doubt if Peartune works differently on your bike. If you have Peartune V4 you can turn on/off the chip with the walk + button. Entering the chip service menu is not exactly as per the YouTube video - Katerina provided me with "better" details/explanation.

Last edited:
Back