Ducati Announces e-MTB

I have a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and an Italian wife! I can tell you they are all expensive and hi maintenence. Ill stick with my Juiced Ripcurrent thank you very much. Mmmm but I still have a secret crush on anything Ducati. Uhgg.

I have a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and an Italian wife! I can tell you they are all expensive and hi maintenence. Ill stick with my Juiced Ripcurrent thank you very much. Mmmm but I still have a secret crush on anything Ducati. Uhgg.
American Italian wife or a real Italian, big diff

I owned 14 motorcycles over the years .... 2 Ducatis, a supersport 900 and a ST3. They always put a smile on my face. I think the major reason was the motor, a V-twin that had fantastic torque for accelerating out of turns. I'm not sure how that translates to e-bikes, as the motors or not unique. Maybe torque really matters?

I'm not sure how that translates to e-bikes, as the motors or not unique. Maybe torque really matters?
The Ducati bike is similar to many premium e-MTBs; there's nothing really special in that product save the brand name and the new Shimano motor. 85 Nm torque? Fine, Specialized have had 90 Nm for several years now. I actually wonder who designed and who's manufacturing the new e-bike for Ducati.

It is also interesting how well Ducati dealers would serve the product that is unfamiliar with them; e-bikes (and especially e-MTBs) are totally foreign to motorbike folks. It is like, say, Ducati created a car and told their dealers to take care of it -- do you get my thinking?

There is a whole bandwagon of automotive e-bike wannabes. I haven't heard of anyone riding a BMW, Mercedes or KTM e-bike though. Yamaha sells in Japan and the U.S. only (but Yamaha can make guitars too). I also wonder who will service Harley-Davidson e-bikes when they become available.

If Giant or Specialized produced motorcycles, do I think their bicycle mechanics can work on motorcycles on problem? I don't think so.
However, Specialized or Giant are bike companies and they understand concepts such as "bike", "MTB", "e-bike", "e-MTB". It makes me smile to think of a Ducati technician learning the stuff as shown in this video:

Apart from the electrical part, any LBS can service the e-bike, as the "bicycle" part remains basically the same, only details vary. You may disagree. If so, please ask a MC technician to replace the drive-train in your e-bike. (They have no tools for that, and no knowledge).

A bit of good news... you can now purchase the new EBikes at Ducati dealers in the US.

Ducati is bringing its electric bicycles to US, selling in motorcycle dealerships (electrek.co)

Ducati’s range of electric bicycles has been big news in Europe over the last couple of years since the company’s big e-bike debut. But today Ducati is announcing that the motorcycle brand will finally bring its e-bikes to the US. The first models to become available in the US at Ducati’s motorcycle dealerships will be the Ducati E-Scrambler and MIG-S models. Both models will be available later this month.

View attachment 73929 View attachment 73926
I was waiting for this announcement. Sometime last year, the local Ducati Moto dealership was doing ride demos for the MIG RR E-bikes for promotional purposes. Looks like they are finally coming through with their promises. That was when I had to change my avatar to the bike I tested out. Very impressed with the handling and the beautiful lines, etc. I think Ducati can build an impressive E-bike as well as their line of Motos. JMHO after a test ride.

Back