Ducati Announces e-MTB

I wonder if they will make new one soon.

The E8000 has been replaced by EP8.
You were correct... the new model has the Shimano EP8 motor and other enhancements... ;)

Ducati unveils new 'pure performance' electric bicycle, updates other bikes (electrek.co)

The latest electric mountain bike to earn the Ducati badge is the new TK-01RR electric enduro bike.
The TK-01RR features the recently released Shimano EP-08 mid-drive motor, which weighs a mere 2.6 kg (5.7 lb) yet outputs an impressive 85 Nm of torque.
It also offers up to 400% assist in its highest pedal assist mode — the equivalent of having three friends helping you pedal up a steep mountain trail.
The TK-01RR frame uses a more vertically oriented downtube that also supports an underslung 630 Wh Shimano battery.

Ducati-Thok-2021_00002.jpg

Just like the Harley-Davidson powered e-bikes from Serial 1, Ducati has seen the wisdom in positioning the battery below the downtube in order to centralize the mass as much as possible and reduce the center of gravity. It’s not to the same degree that Serial 1 achieved, but Ducati is also limited by not designing their own frames. Instead, they partner with the Italian electric bicycle company Thok. The geometry seen in the TK-01RR is befitting of more extreme electric enduro riding, with a head tube angle of 64.5 degrees and a seat tube angle of 75.5 degrees.

The TK-01RR sports Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes and a 12-speed transmission. It also shows off a 180 mm Öhlins RXF 38 fork and 170mm Öhlins TTX rear shock. Rounding out the spec sheet are a pair of the latest Pirelli Scorpion e-MTB S tires. Priced at €6,999, this isn’t an e-bike for the faint of heart or light of wallet.

2021-Ducati-TK-01RR3-1024x682.jpg

Oh yeah, very cool looking re-design. Looks like they really have stepped up their game in this space. Keep it coming! :p 😁

Italians are dreamers not engineers. Yes they produce fantastic machines but they always have serious flaws. This is an undeniable law of earth science. Ask anybody.

We have a parade of ebikes now with 'brand names' pasted on. That's all they are. Money grubbing charlatans.
No kidding. More of an art piece to be displayed under lights in someone's living room. Look but don't touch.:rolleyes:

Italians are dreamers not engineers. Yes they produce fantastic machines but they always have serious flaws. This is an undeniable law of earth science. Ask anybody.

We have a parade of ebikes now with 'brand names' pasted on. That's all they are. Money grubbing charlatans.
Branding brings bucks! HD, Ducati, and you can bet there’ll be many more to come. Hell, I’d look at a Silverado Z71 ebike!🤓

I would say at least give a single sided swingarm!

2019-ducati-panigale-v4r-33.jpg
That's a bit like this bike, the Millyard MTB.... Made by a shed engineer genius guy, single-sided swingarm, integral drive/gearbox, the lot... I only wish he would make an electric version! :D

He has a youtube channel you might find interesting where he talks more about this bike and his other motorbikes - like a bike with a V12 engine from a Dodge Viper! :D

54b8769ef021813f5c45b0b4046f198f.jpg

I didn't know that existed!
There are only 3 in existence. Made about 15 years ago now and were never for sale. He made it for his son who use to ride professionally... When you think one man made this in his garden shed I think its quite amazing work.

That's a bit like this bike, the Millyard MTB.... Made by a shed engineer genius guy, single-sided swingarm, integral drive/gearbox, the lot... I only wish he would make an electric version! :D

He has a youtube channel you might find interesting where he talks more about this bike and his other motorbikes - like a bike with a V12 engine from a Dodge Viper! :D

Amazing design and crafstmanship!

wow, that is crazy cool!

A bit of good news... you can now purchase the new EBikes at Ducati dealers in the US.

Ducati is bringing its electric bicycles to US, selling in motorcycle dealerships (electrek.co)

Ducati’s range of electric bicycles has been big news in Europe over the last couple of years since the company’s big e-bike debut. But today Ducati is announcing that the motorcycle brand will finally bring its e-bikes to the US. The first models to become available in the US at Ducati’s motorcycle dealerships will be the Ducati E-Scrambler and MIG-S models. Both models will be available later this month.

1607641376071.png
1607641256402.png

Last edited:
Flat. You seem to be unnecessarily excited with motorcycle brands trying to enter the e-bike market. Bear in mind: Of all of them, only Yamaha understands the e-bike :D

Good point... but I still love Italian design! ;)
...which reminds me the Communist Poland taking licenses of totally obsolete Fiat 125 and 126. I owned a 126p a.k.a. "Fart" :D The user manual was beginning with:
"We congratulate purchasing your Fiat 126p, based on the Italian design..." :D

1607641593601.png

What a disaster... :D

Attachments

• 1607641564875.png
    1607641564875.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 328
Back