Driver shoots gun at Bicyclist -- Herndon,VA

Generally, people are fine. Media needs to sell air time to exist and manufactures massive mountains out of tiny mole hills. Looking up statistics will maintain perspective. There are currently 328 million people in the U.S. Calculate incident percentages.

Generally, people are fine. Media needs to sell air time to exist and manufactures massive mountains out of tiny mole hills. Looking up statistics will maintain perspective. There are currently 328 million people in the U.S. Calculate incident percentages.
I guess I was referring to the obviously unnecessary use of deadly force. This people was not fine.:p

Some people are a$$ holes. I had a guy in a giant diesel truck gun his engine as he passed me (rolled cole). And he did it repeatedly - we were in traffic. I didn't do a thing to provoke it. Some people are just cretins.

Per the Center for Disease (CDC) prevention ...death rates per 100K
195 Heart Attacks
185 Cancer
25 Diabetes
11.3 traffic
11.3 guns
7,0 Opioids
4.0 Heroin
2.3 Bikes

Have you heard about "rolling coal"? A few rednecks do it to road bikers, enough for Colorado to pass laws against it.

Edit: I didn't see your post rannyv. Man that sucks.

There is lots of gun use in my region. Mostly young males of certain cultures trying to prove their manhood, some of it drug dealers collecting debts, (one of those 1 mile from my house last month) some domestic disputes including failed dating relationships. Don't belong to any of those cultures, a very low risk problem. Sounds like the incident in Herndon VA is category one. I worry much more about ditzes playing with the cell phone while driving plowing over me. Not a crime here, as long as the ditz stops and has insurance.

A few weeks ago I was riding on a suburban rail corridor bike trail and I heard what sounded like a yell and a gunshot. Scared me badly. As I was riding onward, a couple cyclists came my way I told each what I had just experienced. One cycled on, and the other said, "I'm out for fun today, so I'll go somewhere else. I was freaked out enough that I just kept riding. By the time I thought that, oh, I should have called 911 about it, I couldn't remember landmarks or where exactly it had happened. It was in a light manufacturing area the trail passes through, but how to explain it? So, I ended up not reporting it.

A few weeks ago I was riding on a suburban rail corridor bike trail and I heard what sounded like a yell and a gunshot. Scared me badly. As I was riding onward, a couple cyclists came my way I told each what I had just experienced. One cycled on, and the other said, "I'm out for fun today, so I'll go somewhere else. I was freaked out enough that I just kept riding. By the time I thought that, oh, I should have called 911 about it, I couldn't remember landmarks or where exactly it had happened. It was in a light manufacturing area the trail passes through, but how to explain it? So, I ended up not reporting it.
Understandable. It's normal to want to get away from a scene like that.

Back