Dost or Rize

steelbone

Region
USA
City
Massachusetts
So my favorite looking ebike by far are the Dost ebikes. The design looks perfect for what i want. Not totally upright but not hunched over either.

But the Rize RX seems to be a bit better built? (im a newbie researcher). Am i right assuming this?

I will be mostly a bike bath rider that may do on some flatish dirt paths. I do like to have power (who doesnt)

Last question are the Riese & Müller Ebikes that much better for the price?

Thanks All
Paul

A huge difference is that the DOST bikes are cadence sensing only, whereas the Rize RX has torque sensing as well. It's a pity that you probably can't test drive the bikes first, since that would let you know which system you prefer. But as a rule of thumb, most people prefer torque sensing.

I have never ridden a Riese and Muller bike, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if a person is only using their bike casually, then spending almost $10,000 on a R&M bike is overkill. However, if you are passionate about biking, plan on using it daily as a commuter / car replacement, AND have disposable income, then it could be worth it! But I'd definitely want to take one on a significant test drive (and compare it to a relative less expensive bike, like a gazelle) before I dropped that much money on one.

I would also note that you might have trouble getting shops to work on DOST and Rize ebikes, since they are super busy nowadays and generally want to serve their own customers first (i.e., those who bought bikes through them). With that said, I'm sure you'll end up being very happy with either bike (especially if you have a mechanical inclination and are able to do some work on them if something goes wrong)

For me, the Dost vs. Rize comparison is about the Bafang BBS02 motor vs. the Bafang Ultra. The BBS02 has the advantage of a little quieter operation due to it's composite gear, and both offer similar power, but the Ultra motor has the torque sensing. Then there's the size of the batteries. The standard Rize battery has significantly more AH. This coupled with what Dost is asking for their bike makes the Rize a clear winner to my way of thinking.

I agree the Rize is the clear winner...But i still cant even order one yet and i want 2 bikes yesterday...LOL

If i bought 2 Dost's and wanted to later convert them to the motor and sensor Rize has can this be done?..Understand this isnt the most economical way going about thing...

Thanks all

I agree the Rize is the clear winner...But i still cant even order one yet and i want 2 bikes yesterday...LOL

If i bought 2 Dost's and wanted to later convert them to the motor and sensor Rize has can this be done?..Understand this isnt the most economical way going about thing...

Thanks all
Afraid not. The torque sensor is built into the controller, which in the case of the big Bafang mid drives, is internal, wadded in with the motor. The BBsxx and Ultra motors, as similar as they are internally, have entirely different mounting methods. You'd have to be a pretty good welder to install the Ultra mount on the Dost.

Back