DÖST IS LIVE!

I hope the 2021 new models have newer bafang motor, have torque sensors, and still come in two models types like Drop & Kope. These would add large numbers to those considering your already fine bikes in my opinion.

How many are on the road? One more very soon.

Dost Drop should be in my hands early next week. Pre-delivery customer support has been first class - quick response to questions/concerns. Bike arrives fully assembled except for handlebar adjustment and adding pedals. Their unboxing and how to adjust settings videos are short and to the point. Hope to post ride experience later.

Last edited:

Dost Drop should be in my hands early next week. Pre-delivery customer support has been first class - quick response to questions/concerns. Bike arrives fully assembled except for handlebar adjustment and adding pedals. Their unboxing and how to adjust settings videos are short and to the point. Hope to post ride experience later.

Cannot wait to hear your review!!!

Hello Sam.
As you are thinking about updates to the current Dost bikes and planning for future models I have a few things for you to consider please.

Battery size.
Most people want a single battery that is the largest they can afford. One big battery. Please think about offering a larger battery in the main frame. Is there space in the Drop/Kope for a larger battery? Maybe the external battery can be offered as a third choice.

Offer both pedal sensors and the ability to turn one off. Someone who has a physical disability will benefit more from the cadence sensor as you know.

Safety and security are at the top of most people's mind. Consider turn signals and a drop seat for comfort. Also, make the lights compatable to plug in other types of lights. Could open up a big aftermarket for those items. A way to quick release on the LCD screen to prevent theft or vandalism.

Thanks for doing a great job with the current bikes. I can't wait to see what will come.

I want to purchase a Dost but won't until I see some customer reviews. Please Dost, ask your first batch of customers to review their bikes and post to this forum.

I want to purchase a Dost but won't until I see some customer reviews. Please Dost, ask your first batch of customers to review their bikes and post to this forum.
You can try the Dost group on Facebook. Reviews there.

EU224,
I pulled the trigger for a Sept delivery on a Kope. Why I chose the Dost Kope ebike?
- The team comes from a mountain bike background so all components of the bike are a little bit more rugged than normal.
- Value and price.
- Has an adjustable stem for a good fit.
- Powerful mid drive 750w motor with a shift/gear sensor. Torque to climb hills and 25 amp controller (important point for power).
- Sturdy rear rack that supports a variety of bags. 100lb max capacity.
- Like the look of integrated battery.
- Has ability to use extra battery, order now or later.
- Seems to use upgraded parts. I'm not an expert in this area.
- TWO year warranty. With plans for local affiliates to help with repairs.
- Mid drive motor makes it a regular bike to work on in every aspect, except for the isolated motor itself.
- Has hydraulic brakes with larger 180mm rotors.
- Has 2.4 in wide tires.

Has other small things that are good but not deal breakers. I will not have to worry about making many changes as soon as I get it. The only thing I can think of that I may want is a suspension seat post. But will wait until I ride it to see if it's needed.

I hope this helps a little. Let us know what you decide.

Yes, I did get the bike and it is a lot of fun to ride. The motor is quiet and has plenty of power. I live in an area that is mostly flat, but the bike handles hills I have encountered with ease. The bike feels very stable-the steering is smooth, not twitchy like some bikes (road) I have been on. I had an original Specialized Stumpjumper MTB from 1981 (sold a couple of years ago). It's geometry made steering just the opposite of twitchy-slow to react to turns. I haven't had time to test the range on a charge over enough rides to comment since I am experimenting with 15mph vs 20mph rides at various pedal assist settings. And yes, the throttle is a great feature if you do want a boost or feel lazy like I sometimes do (now that I am an older rider).

Yes, I did get the bike and it is a lot of fun to ride. The motor is quiet and has plenty of power. I live in an area that is mostly flat, but the bike handles hills I have encountered with ease. The bike feels very stable-the steering is smooth, not twitchy like some bikes (road) I have been on. I had an original Specialized Stumpjumper MTB from 1981 (sold a couple of years ago). It's geometry made steering just the opposite of twitchy-slow to react to turns. I haven't had time to test the range on a charge over enough rides to comment since I am experimenting with 15mph vs 20mph rides at various pedal assist settings. And yes, the throttle is a great feature if you do want a boost or feel lazy like I sometimes do (now that I am an older rider).

Do you have an update on your bike? Pros - Cons? Does is meet your expectations?

Can anyone describe how the bike feels as a cadence sensing system? I haven't had an opportunity to try any cadence systems as it seems everything now is torque sensing, but I have read the cadence system tends to feel more unnatural. Any info helps!

Information and customer reports and discussion is very limited here for sure, now it is well past the point when even I thought there would be some activity. They might be just more of a Facebook type off company, they have a lot of marketing background and don't have any issues with facebook.

Also many people here were not too happy with their choice for the motor, and DOST missed a big opportunity to explain their choice and turn it into a positive. There can be many great reasons for the 02 over the HD, but either DOST was not aware of them (other than their cost), or just didn't feel like explaining their choices clearly. With all their marketing they missed this one, so I don't think they are as savvy as they think they are.

Can anyone describe how the bike feels as a cadence sensing system? I haven't had an opportunity to try any cadence systems as it seems everything now is torque sensing, but I have read the cadence system tends to feel more unnatural. Any info helps!
Riding a cadence-based bike isn't unnatural per se--I have a BBSHD. You're simply pedaling to keep the motor moving the bike forward. OTOH, if you want to pedal it more like a traditional bike, where your own effort plays into how the bike moves, you'll want a torque-sensing system. You'll most likely use more of your effort there, thereby getting more of an exercise as opposed to just having the bike move under you.

Back