Do you wear a mask when you ride?

Nope, I just hold my breath if passing somebody on the trail, but I do carry one to wear if needed.....like when I go inside a brewery to order a beer before sitting outside to drink it. 😁
These folks have the right idea:
SRnm15rWzrbD_640x360.jpg hqdefault.jpg covidisor.jpg 5e6d69647d709.image.jpg

This guy didn't get the memo:
image-asset.jpeg

Not sure if holding one's breath is the best solution. Exhaling while passing probably provides better protection for you as it's positive pressure.

I suppose I should go onto Facebook and see what the true virus experts say. 🤔😉🤤

Not sure if holding one's breath is the best solution. Exhaling while passing probably provides better protection for you as it's positive pressure.

I suppose I should go onto Facebook and see what the true virus experts say. 🤔😉🤤

Probably true, but then placing the other party at higher risk if you are a carrier.

I wear a bandana which I pull up if people are near or simply to keep my face warm riding in the cold.
The downside is it fogs up my glasses/shades when I slow down.

Probably true, but then placing the other party at higher risk if you are a carrier.
Normal breathing, in the outdoors, shouldn't be an issue if you are spacing reasonably. Yelling, singing, coughing etc is probably a much different story.

I'm certainly not advocating any behaviour that puts others at risk.

Nor am I taking your comment as implying that i am either.

Normal breathing, in the outdoors, shouldn't be an issue if you are spacing reasonably. Yelling, singing, coughing etc is probably a much different story.

I'm certainly not advocating any behaviour that puts others at risk.

Nor am I taking your comment as implying that i am either.

I've read that there needs to be a significant amount of exposure for infection to occur, like 10+ minutes in an enclosed space, so really any amount of exposure outdoors short of somebody spitting into your mouth is likely inconsequential, which is why I don't wear a mask outdoors.

The folks not wearing masks outside (walking, sports, biking, etc) are quickly outnumbering those wearing masks, and it has increased alot these last 30 days.

The folks not wearing masks outside (walking, sports, biking, etc) are quickly outnumbering those wearing masks, and it has increased alot these last 30 days.
Interestingly enough, on my SoCal rides, I see more people masking up... but that might be due to the colder weather.

I always have my mask around my ears when I leave the house on a ride. I pull it up over nose and mouth when I encounter people.

lol, i wear 2! i was totally acclimated to masks before Covid from ridding in the winter with 2 full face Ski Mask! now i dont even notice 2 n95s unless my ears get sore and i have adapters for that if it gets bad, i dont go around anyone without a Mask and i try not to be around crowds period, i got enough problems already i dont need anyone's cooties Covid or other wise so i keep my distance when possible.

I do not wear a mask when I drive a car, but when I use public transport then I do not take off my mask for a second. But I don't communicate with people without a mask at all

Like the above poster. Definitely appreciate my mask this winter when biking, if only for the warmth! I'm in my early 30s and a year into this pandemic in a major city -- kind of feel like if I was going to get it, or get seriously sick, it would have happened by now. On the other hand I don't want to spread it to anyone.

I would say most people do not wear masks on the trails in my city though.

I usually wear a mask when I expect to see other people while riding. I didn't wear one a few weeks ago. Wish I had, because I did a faceplant on black ice, and a mask might have kept my nose/mouth from being ground flat.

My wife and I are scheduled for the vaccine now, but when riding season starts again, we'll be wearing masks.

Ask the famous Dr know nothing Fauci. He once said they dont work and then said they do work. So which is it. People wearing masks are still getting covid. People getting Flu shots are still getting it. People getting Covid shots are still getting it. There aint no guarantees. Oh and no I dont and wont wear a mask when I ride

Ask the famous Dr know nothing Fauci. He once said they dont work and then said they do work. So which is it. People wearing masks are still getting covid. People getting Flu shots are still getting it. People getting Covid shots are still getting it. There aint no guarantees. Oh and no I dont and wont wear a mask when I ride
I was wearing a mask when I went shopping . Because I felt even though I'm really not scared . Me wearing a Mask helped other's who were fearful. And I can see when out that many are very fearful. Then I got to thinking . I'm not responsible to calm your fears . You are . Me wearing a Mask Feeds your fear . It justifies it, when I know what they are telling us doesn't add up. I have found when you talk to scared people and take them down memory lane so to speak. Many start to see we are being lied to by the Powers that be. Even about the number of deaths and what works to cure someone sick. Think how stupid it is to get 2 doses of some vaccine that isn't properly test . Then in spite of that still wear a mask?? I have confronted people when I've been out who I could tell were more scared then average. It's been rewarding

It’s been sad watching some politicians who peddled conspiracy theories about COVID literally die from the disease. It’s a shame some people believe they were born MDs when they clearly do not have a head into their shoulders.

Back