Do you wear a mask when you ride?

Regarding face touching, again, you're twisting the relevance. People touch their faces, no debate there. They've been doing that since ancient history began. If you want to say that's spreading the virus, go for it. I'll live with that fact knowing we've been advised NOT to do that before washing/cleaning our hands after coming inside.
Indeed, people touch their faces and always have. That is not in question, Mr Hicks.
The questions are whether or not people touch the mask that they are wearing on their face, and whether or not potentially pathogen there gets transferred to hands and then to face, mouth, eyes, ears, fruit at grocery store etc.

I think maybe you've mistaken me for somebody with the time to mess with stuff like this.
No, I may, however, have mistaken you for somebody that doesn't make accusations of a dishonest behavior and then refuse to provide evidence because they're "too busy". I sincerely hope that is not the case

Regarding face touching, again, you're twisting the relevance. People touch their faces, no debate there. They've been doing that since ancient history began. If you want to say that's spreading the virus, go for it. I'll live with that fact knowing we've been advised NOT to do that before washing/cleaning our hands after coming inside.
How is it twisting the relevance?
Right here you say that touching your face without washing your hands "after being outside" is against what is advised.
So what that is directed to is touching face after touching things that people could have contaminated with the virus.
That is what the officials were warning against.
How did I twist that, in your opinion?
Mask or nose of infected person to hand of infected person to elevator button to your hand to your face, the connections are obvious and why they are stated clearly enough for fools to grasp, Mr. Hicks.

I think maybe you've mistaken me for somebody with the time to mess with stuff like this. I can't bring myself to care enough about it to make it a priority. I think cleaning the chain on my bike prior to a ride in the 80 degree temps today, a higher priority.
Some priorities bundle there, Mr Hicks. Isn't withdrawal of your accusation the honorable thing to do at that point of refusal to provide evidence or references, Mr Hicks?

Last edited:
One for the smearcrew... by Feb 28 2020 my goal was already to try to help people create higher protection masks.
You can buy Filtrete 3M 1900 to 2200 the higher the number the more protection category of pleated air filters and make better fitting masks for yourself or kids

Those guys were completely debunked months ago.
It just came out a few days ago.

Some priorities bundle there, Mr Hicks. Isn't withdrawal of your accusation the honorable thing to do at that point of refusal to provide evidence or references, Mr Hicks?
OK, out of a serious sense of honor, and because I don't care to do the homework you have requested to gather evidence/references, I'll say I'm sorry for calling you out on what are clearly baseless accusations, beliefs, and conspiracy theories. I just don't care enough about it to debate them. So there's that....

Then, there's the pig wallowing in pig waste theory.....
If I thought there were ANY chance of changing your mind, I might be tempted.... or I'd be more inclined than I am at the moment.

OK, out of a serious sense of honor, and because I don't care to do the homework you have requested to gather evidence/references, I'll say I'm sorry for calling you out on what are clearly baseless accusations, beliefs, and conspiracy theories. I just don't care enough about it to debate them. So there's that....

Then, there's the pig wallowing in pig waste theory.....
If I thought there were ANY chance of changing your mind, I might be tempted.... or I'd be more inclined than I am at the moment.
But you do not have to provide anything, as you've already read here what it takes to admit you were wrong and I was right
That's not true at all. They NEVER said the masks would cause more spread.
the ONLY thing they said about masks was that they weren't necessary
You were wrong on both of these items and I showed you evidence of that and even asked if you had a more preferred source.
More preferred than the Surgeon General's own twitter account? How much more evidence would one need?

"One of the things [the general public] shouldn’t be doing is going out and buying masks … It has not been proven to be effective in preventing the spread of coronavirus amongst the general public … Folks who don’t know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot, and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus. You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a healthcare provider."

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can't get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!
https://t.co/UxZRwxxKL9
— U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) February 29, 2020
https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1233725785283932160?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Good land man! From your link.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.07.40 PM.png

"One of the things [the general public] shouldn’t be doing is going out and buying masks … It has not been proven to be effective in preventing the spread of coronavirus amongst the general public … Folks who don’t know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot, and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus. You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a healthcare provider."

US Surgeon General Jerome Adams on FOX and Friends March 2
Most of the masks people are wearing offer NO protection for Covid-19. Read the label.

1615664839380.png

Mr. Hicks, I can provide snopes' evidence, this is because I like to use evidence that my interlocutor prefers, but since you would not respond giving a preference, but you mention debunking, here! They confirm it, that he said it on FOX!

All for your edification at your leisure, Mr. Hicks.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/surgeon-general-against-masks/
We agreed to the fact they said that already. Where we disagree is the idea that you are pushing. The fact it was said that wearing them was said to spread the virus. That's BS. Never happened.

Then there's the idea that the surgeon general (and a few other positions in authority) might have been taking talking points from the white house at the time.

Not rocket science. If you don't want to wear one, don't.
I don't wear one. Here in Virginia, Executive Order #63 allows an exemption for anyone with a breathing problem, and you don't need to provide the reason or any medical proof. I flash a printed copy of that EO when entering any store that asks me to put on a mask and have had no pushback, except ironically enough, the state liquor store!

Why wear a device that offers no protection?

If you have a strong immune system, you don't need to worry about Covid-19.

It just came out a few days ago.

Came out a few days ago but he's seen it debunked months ago?
Things fit together so *serendipitously* sometimes.

We agreed to the fact they said that already.
No, you had not agreed and you dismissed taking anything from FOX. Therefore I presented it from snopes verifying he said it.

Where we disagree is the idea that you are pushing.
Your haven't said what idea you believe I am pushing. You may have some misapprehension going on in there.

And to your next statement below, He did say it increases risk of infections spreading.
The fact it was said that wearing them was said to spread the virus. That's BS. Never happened.

He sure did say that wearing masks by public who are not pros, increases risk of infection spread. Do you need that fetched for you again?

Here's CNN, maybe more to your liking: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/02/health/surgeon-general-coronavirus-masks-risk-trnd/index.html

Masks may actually increase your coronavirus risk if worn improperly, surgeon general warns​

(CNN)US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams not only wants people to stop buying facemasks to prevent the novel coronavirus, but warns that you actually might increase your risk of infection if facemasks are not worn properly.
"You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a health care provider," Adams said during an interview on Fox & Friends on Monday morning.
Coronavirus death toll tops 3,000

Coronavirus death toll tops 3,000

"Folks who don't know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus," Adams said.

Back