Did it!

DouglasB

I can't thank Court and the other members of this group enough for helping us with a very difficult decision. I couldn't have done it without your help and still been sane at the end of the process. We ended up with a couple of the Cannondale Contra-e Speed bikes that have been on deep discount recently. From $4,499 to $2,799 in our case. We were able to purchase them locally from a reputable dealer, which was a huge plus. Woo hoo! See you out there.

Last edited:
Kudos - The best decision you could make...get a couple of e-bikes and start having fun.

Thanks Douglas for your post I know Court pointed out a sweet MTB bulls for me with Plus Tires oh by the way 70 is the new 30

oh by the way 70 is the new 30
105 is the new 70. I just bought a 10 lb weight to up my non-bike program 25%. It rode home on the front rack of the bicycle; 30 lb groceries in the panniers.

Last edited:
Maybe more like the new 55. At 30 I was unstoppable. I remember running 10 miles the evening of my 30th birthday, just to celebrate. Currently I walk 3 miles a day, every day and when the weather permits I have a 20 mile loop, with hills, I do on my road bike. At 80 years of age my father purchased a new touring bike and flew to Amsterdam, from where he proceeded to tour most of Europe, peddaling from town to town and taking trains when necessary. He spent a whole year doing it. My mom would mail his $750 Socical Security check to his latest address. I remember he had a T-shirt that said "80 and going strong!" When he turned 90 I asked him what his T-shirt was going to say and he replied, "90 and Going". 90 seems to be the wall.

Congratulations on a bright future! I know a couple in their mid nineties, bright, enjoying life. He swims laps 4 times a week, she quit a couple of years ago. I had to give up running due to Army knees, but the bike makes aerobic exercise low pain.
Did you see the article on bbcnews 3/8/18 about a club of road bikers in the UK has a lot of seventy year olds? Their T-cell (white blood cell) counts are the same as twenty year olds.
On my 8 mile grocery run today, I used the electricity to run two red lights across 5 lanes, while the cars were away. Also whiz through a 2 block construction zone where Miller Pipeline had dug a hole in place of the bike lane. Otherwise pedal and pant.

Congratulations on a bright future! I know a couple in their mid nineties, bright, enjoying life. He swims laps 4 times a week, she quit a couple of years ago. I had to give up running due to Army knees, but the bike makes aerobic exercise low pain.
Did you see the article on bbcnews 3/8/18 about a club of road bikers in the UK has a lot of seventy year olds? Their T-cell (white blood cell) counts are the same as twenty year olds.

My Aunt lived to be 107. She didn't ride a bike but she played bridge twice a week. I don't think she ever worked out a day in her life and even smoked for a bit.

I don't know, at 70, isn't there a legal limit to how much fun you can have? ;)

DouglasB, Welcome. Choosing a Cannondale Contra-e Speed looks like excellent choice..Great components and with Bosch Power Wow !
Now about 70 being the legal limit for fun...I hope not, I'm 72, been riding for 2 years which would mean I'd have to return 2 years of fun.

We ended up with a couple of the Cannondale Contra-e Speed bikes that have been on deep discount recently.
Great! Congratulations!
Now, don't forget to contribute to 2 other popular threads here at EBR Forums, that all new owners should post into -- the thread for "Pics of your bike" and the thread for "Pics of your ride/where you ride".

Back