Did any emotion owners in US faced these spoke problems?

I think those problems were rectified.
There was one bad batch which had faulty front wheel bearing but other than that I haven't heard anything serious.
I did quite a bit of research before purchasing mine.

No problems so far with my NeoJumper 2014 purchased in March (26" wheels).
I do ride frequently in rock garden situations.
Hard enough I threw a rear wheel significantly out of round, but it didn't break any spokes. A good mechanic was able to bring it back into align.
I have tried to watch spoke tension (using the "musical note" method), but probably missed something loosening up during a day of fun and fast downhills followed by another day of rocky riding.
Spokes seem strong.

If anyone knows how to order replacement spokes I would like to have few on-hand; just in case.

Mike
Colorado, USA

My Neo Carbon just broke 3 spokes. I'm heavy, 240lbs, and I occasionally use a Nitro battery which may put additional stress on the spokes. I'm just going to have a local bike shop rebuild the wheel with all new spokes.

I had the same problem with my Neo Carbon. This is referred to as a catastrophic failure. My Neo Carbon had a hub with holes that were too big for the spokes. In addition the wheel was built with the spokes attached to the hub from the wrong side. Easy Motion sent out a new wheel under warranty.

I had the same problem with my Neo Carbon. This is referred to as a catastrophic failure. My Neo Carbon had a hub with holes that were too big for the spokes. In addition the wheel was built with the spokes attached to the hub from the wrong side. Easy Motion sent out a new wheel under warranty.
Interesting to find out what my local bike shop says about the wheel build on my bike. I bought my bike used, so no warranty unfortunately.

My brand new 27.5 had several loose spokes and was out of true, and you could hear the spokes making noise as the bike gradually moved.
I had it trued by my bike shop and all is well now. It does make me wonder about their quality control. You pay $3000 for a bike and it should be perfect right?

I've seen quality control issues with just about every brand. Quality specification and quality control are different. Unless the brand has a full time quality control team on the factory floors in Taiwan or China, quality control is left to the supervision of the production line managers who work for the factory. From time to time they take liberties. For example, Foxcon in China builds Apple stuff. However, Apple employs a ton of full time people to constantly check quality at every step of production. And, its not just an Asia thing.

I haven't had any spokes break on my Evo, but both wheels were out of true when I got the bike brand new, and the rear wheel still is a little, even after two different shops took a crack at truing it.

I'm in the process of getting wider rims, since the OEM Alex DM18 is way too narrow for the 2,25-2,4" tires I like to use, and squirm at low pressures. The 36 hole standard limits our options quite a bit, but I did manage to find the Velocity Blunt 35 in 36h. But getting the rear hub laced with new spokes might prove difficult, and I dont like the idea of having my bike in a shop for weeks while people figure out how to lace the rear wheel. BH should start offering spoke and rim kits for their bikes. The DM18 rim is a low end cheapo rim not on par with the price or performance of their MTB models.

The front spokes are 2,0mm (14g) strong classic spokes, and the rear spokes are 2,3mm (13g).

I haven't had any spokes break on my Evo, but both wheels were out of true when I got the bike brand new, and the rear wheel still is a little, even after two different shops took a crack at truing it.

I'm in the process of getting wider rims, since the OEM Alex DM18 is way too narrow for the 2,25-2,4" tires I like to use, and squirm at low pressures. The 36 hole standard limits our options quite a bit, but I did manage to find the Velocity Blunt 35 in 36h. But getting the rear hub laced with new spokes might prove difficult, and I dont like the idea of having my bike in a shop for weeks while people figure out how to lace the rear wheel. BH should start offering spoke and rim kits for their bikes. The DM18 rim is a low end cheapo rim not on par with the price or performance of their MTB models.

The front spokes are 2,0mm (14g) strong classic spokes, and the rear spokes are 2,3mm (13g).
My local shop is ordering 12g spokes for my Neo-Carbon. We'll see how they work.

Back