Diamondback vs Yamaha?

Clevland

Region
USA
I am trying to decide between the diamondback current and Yamaha wabash rt. It looks like the diamondback is speced a little bit better and if I don’t have to pay tax on it the bike would be about 400 bucks less than the Yamaha. The issue i am having is there is only one dealer near me that carry’s Yamaha and no one carry’s diamondback. Also I am not sure on diamondbacks sizing. Looking at the frame measurements it looks like the diamondback runs very large so I am not even sure what size to order. On a size small the top tube length is 590 and reach is 614 mm which both of these numbers are bigger then my size large bike. Any advice would be appreciated. There is not much info about either of these bikes online really at all.

Consider potential long term parts cost, especially for batteries:

I am trying to decide between the diamondback current and Yamaha wabash rt. It looks like the diamondback is speced a little bit better and if I don’t have to pay tax on it the bike would be about 400 bucks less than the Yamaha. The issue i am having is there is only one dealer near me that carry’s Yamaha and no one carry’s diamondback. Also I am not sure on diamondbacks sizing. Looking at the frame measurements it looks like the diamondback runs very large so I am not even sure what size to order. On a size small the top tube length is 590 and reach is 614 mm which both of these numbers are bigger then my size large bike. Any advice would be appreciated. There is not much info about either of these bikes online really at all.
Clev land ?

OTG wazzAt?

Buddy, you're in over your head already, I'll help.
You are buying a toy. How much do you have in your toy budget because it's not an investment.
Ask yourself, do I want a loan ? Can I fix my toy or afford to pay others because: it will break. ( loan payments continue . . .)
Consider: Buy a cheap bike that fits you { instead of something useless }
Go: ride now while it's nice, use it up & learn.

Clev land ?

OTG wazzAt?

You are buying a toy. How much do you have in your toy budget because it's not an investment.
Ask yourself, do I want a loan ? Can I fix my toy or afford to pay others because: it will break. ( loan payments continue . . .)
Honestly that was my original plan. Just buy a cheap one to mess around on. But the price of a cheaper one I can spend 1000 to 1500 more and get a nicer one. Another issue is I spoke to a few bike shops and they wont even work on the cheap ones. I’m sure someone does obviously but either way I am still looking into my options.

Honestly that was my original plan. Just buy a cheap one to mess around on. But the price of a cheaper one I can spend 1000 to 1500 more and get a nicer one. Another issue is I spoke to a few bike shops and they wont even work on the cheap ones. I’m sure someone does obviously but either way I am still looking into my options.
I would not recommend buying a cheap one or breaking the bank either. There are just like bicycles in the sense that if you buy a cheap department store one it's going to fall apart and not real give you Taste of what a real bike is like.

Another thing regarding Yahama is they have been in the game along time so I would look at Giant as well they share motors. That is not say Diamondback is not as good.

Clev land ?

OTG wazzAt?

Buddy you are insulting

Clev(?)
Keep reading, or buy a cheap one that fits and ride. And keep reading, It will break, no one but you can fix it.
OK? How much power do you need? (Watts Power)
Do you have mechanical skills to fix the bike? Do you have electrical skills to troubleshoot and fix some breakage?
eBikes have been around a while so: Shops might fix the bicycle (x$$.00) but not touch ' the wires '
Or pay about $5,000. + for a Special eBike which costs more than an electric dirt bike to have a dealer/shop.
Good Luck - I'm out riding

Clev(?)
Keep reading, or buy a cheap one that fits and ride. And keep reading, It will break, no one but you can fix it.
OK? How much power do you need? (Watts Power)
Do you have mechanical skills to fix the bike? Do you have electrical skills to troubleshoot and fix some breakage?
eBikes have been around a while so: Shops might fix the bicycle (x$$.00) but not touch ' the wires '
Or pay about $5,000. + for a Special eBike which costs more than an electric dirt bike to have a dealer/shop.
Good Luck - I'm out riding
Are u saying to not buy any expensive e bike period or to avoid these brands that I mentioned? Or not buy a e bike at all unless it’s around 1k and willing to consider it a total loss if anything goes wrong? I dont know how much power I need but I know I want something that can go at lest 20 miles not on a low assist and something that is giving a lot of assist. I will keep riding my regular bikes otherwise. I want to get to places faster and work less but I still want to pedal not just turn a throttle or spin my legs with not much happening.

Are u saying to not buy any expensive e bike period or to avoid these brands that I mentioned? Or not buy a e bike at all unless it’s around 1k and willing to consider it a total loss if anything goes wrong? I dont know how much power I need but I know I want something that can go at lest 20 miles not on a low assist and something that is giving a lot of assist. I will keep riding my regular bikes otherwise. I want to get to places faster and work less but I still want to pedal not just turn a throttle or spin my legs with not much happening.
What are you riding for regular bikes?

Hi @Clevland, did you end up making a decision? I’m also choosing between the Diamondback and Yamaha. I initially wanted to get something like the Trek Crossrip+ but I took too long and then Trek discontinued it. Then Momentum came out with the Voya E+ 1 last year and I was initially excited, but then disappointed to see that it was a Class 1 and a motor with 25 Nm of torque. I saw these two bikes but I can’t tell if they can accommodate racks similar to the Voya.

I’d love to know what, if anything, you ended up getting and how you like it.

I was originally looking at Yamaha as well, but supply issues stood in my way and I was not buying an e bike I couldn’t see and ride in person. Thus the Gazelle, and very glad it worked out this way at this point.

I recently saw a post where someone bought a Yamaha near me in Illinois. Only one Yamaha ebike dealer in the state. The rest are focused on Yamaha's gasoline vehicles. That happened to be the problem in that post,

I decided against both bikes actually. I just felt too unsure about the Yamaha and having support and I could not ride the diamondback or get a super clear answer on their sizing.

I was originally looking at Yamaha as well, but supply issues stood in my way and I was not buying an e bike I couldn’t see and ride in person. Thus the Gazelle, and very glad it worked out this way at this point.

Which Gazelle did you get? I was looking at the Medeo but I’m kind of stuck on having drop bars. It gets pretty windy here, especially on summer evenings, so having the option of a more aero position is attractive to me.

Back