Delite Rohloff GX

deplec

Hi Everyone.... New member. I ordered a Delite Rohloff GX today in the UK. Blue. I have no idea on lead time to delivery yet - maybe March I'm told, but I thought I would post as I found lurking on here for a few days to be helpful when making my mind up. Was deciding between the SuperCharger or this, and in the end, decided I wanted a full suspension bike. Such a lot of £ for a bike, but I'm hoping it will be indestructible and last years, and I really wanted dual batteries, and low / no maintenance. I only got interested in e-bikes a couple of weeks ago watching some of Kelly (I think his name is) at Citrus Cycles on Youtube from Canada, really helpful and well put together....and here I am having committed! Anyway - hello! Interested to hear from any current owners re the good / bad / ugly of this bike. Cheers - Deplec.

Congrats on your purchase!

Regarding lead time, I was told by my local bike shop here in the U.S. that R&M has temporarily haulted all production until the last week of February because they're in the process of moving to a new factory. I imagine you'll have a better delivery estimate next month.

Congratulations! You will love the bike! I have this model since the beginning of Jan but as a HS -version!

Congrats on your purchase!

Regarding lead time, I was told by my local bike shop here in the U.S. that R&M has temporarily haulted all production until the last week of February because they're in the process of moving to a new factory. I imagine you'll have a better delivery estimate next month.
That's interesting because I was told last year that R&M would be moving into their new factory in December and I assumed their move was already completed. Apparently not. I placed my order for a Homage Rohloff GX back in September. It's going to be delivered to my LBS on Monday. I hope the weather is nice enough for me to ride--I can't ride if it's too cold.

Hi congrats, it's an awful lot of money, but so far I can say it is a great bike. I started e=biking a year ago with a Kalkhoff Voyager. During this year (approx 5000 km) I had to replace the chain, the cassette countless brake pads and a rim due to an accident.
I now got the Delite since approx 300 km and I love it - no comparison. Such a smooth ride, the motor is much more powerful it feels so much safer on the road. The Kalkhoff is not bad but this one is incredible good so far. I am still getting used to the Rohloff but in terms of the number of gears and usability it is great!

Hi Everyone.... New member. I ordered a Delite Rohloff GX today in the UK. Blue. I have no idea on lead time to delivery yet - maybe March I'm told, but I thought I would post as I found lurking on here for a few days to be helpful when making my mind up. Was deciding between the SuperCharger or this, and in the end, decided I wanted a full suspension bike. Such a lot of £ for a bike, but I'm hoping it will be indestructible and last years, and I really wanted dual batteries, and low / no maintenance. I only got interested in e-bikes a couple of weeks ago watching some of Kelly (I think his name is) at Citrus Cycles on Youtube from Canada, really helpful and well put together....and here I am having committed! Anyway - hello! Interested to hear from any current owners re the good / bad / ugly of this bike. Cheers - Deplec.

Hi. I'm sure you'll just love the Delite! I've owned both the Delite and Supercharger in Rohloff GX versions. I travelled 15,000 kilometres on the Delite before it got stolen, and replaced it with a Supercharger which has done 7,000 km so far. With both bikes it has mostly been fully loaded long distance touring.
Comparing one to the other, the Delite confers the advantage of being able to carry a greater load on the rear rack without breaking the rack (it being a sprung load) while the big disadvantage is not being able to fit a Gates carbon belt drive - chains only last 1,500-2,000 km before becoming overstretched and having to be replaced.
Ride-wise, I surprisingly found I don't really miss the rear suspension of the Delite at all, in fact I actually prefer the hard-tail Supercharger. However, the big downside of the Supercharger has been that the design of the rear rack, or perhaps just the lack of rear suspension, has made the rack prone to failure.
Overall, the deciding feature for me so far has been the superiority the Gates drive with the Supercharger. I think I'll be able to work round the load carry issue. So, for touring I like the Supercharger better, but the ideal combination would be a Delite with Gates drive.

Hi. I'm sure you'll just love the Delite! I've owned both the Delite and Supercharger in Rohloff GX versions. I travelled 15,000 kilometres on the Delite before it got stolen, and replaced it with a Supercharger which has done 7,000 km so far. With both bikes it has mostly been fully loaded long distance touring.
Comparing one to the other, the Delite confers the advantage of being able to carry a greater load on the rear rack without breaking the rack (it being a sprung load) while the big disadvantage is not being able to fit a Gates carbon belt drive - chains only last 1,500-2,000 km before becoming overstretched and having to be replaced.
Ride-wise, I surprisingly found I don't really miss the rear suspension of the Delite at all, in fact I actually prefer the hard-tail Supercharger. However, the big downside of the Supercharger has been that the design of the rear rack, or perhaps just the lack of rear suspension, has made the rack prone to failure.
Overall, the deciding feature for me so far has been the superiority the Gates drive with the Supercharger. I think I'll be able to work round the load carry issue. So, for touring I like the Supercharger better, but the ideal combination would be a Delite with Gates drive.

Well written! I wanted a Delite with belt and waited until it was released. It was worth it! I also like the E-14 system a lot. It's brilliant!

Congratulations on the purchase! In my mind, the Delite is a near-perfect bike. The only that, in my mind, would make it perfect is fatbike wheels. That and a Yamaha motor instead of Bosch, hehe.

Catching up - thanks for the replies. Update on delivery time for me (was supposed to be /c 18/03) but due to issues with the new factory it is apparently being made this week. So soon enough I will be riding! :)

Picked it up today. So for those interested in wait times, Feb 1st to April 18th. It was with the Cycle shop late last week though. First impressions? Money Well Spent. Fabulous first ride.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 17.36.17.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 17.36.17.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 625
Back