Dealer reviews allowed ?

Jeff Kagy

hi

I'm new to the forum , new to the e.bike community, and live in greater Boston area

From watching Court's YouTube channel ( and others ) plus copious amount of reading ( as well as having two(2) HORRIBLE large purchase internet experiences , I'm very gun shy about buying a high ticket item "over the internet"

In addition, I've read on this forum (and internet in general ) reviews ( mostly negative ) about some of the dealers I was thinking about using ( makes me even more gun shy )

Not sure why ( greater Boston has a huge biking culture, but the name brand e.bikes I'm interested in ( Bull, Riese & Muller ) don't seem to have the dealer support around here

There is an e.bike "superstore" in New Hampshire but wanted to check them out before driving 50 miles ( and 4 hours round trip ) to get there

What are the rules about posting dealer experiences ? ( I searched this particular dealers business and nothing came up on this forum )

Thanks
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I did the same search couple yrs. back . The search is pretty intense but pays of if you do it right. These will be great folks to start with . Both deal in high end bikes. And superb follow up if needed.

I would head to Propel e bikes , Brooklyn. If I was on a dealer hunt on the east coast. Best quality. E bike selection that I know of near you. Good luck . KTM headquaters is good to deal with out of Miami I believe. 57 e - bike models ! Lycan Macina e mtb with Bosch performance cx is a superb ride. Both are great with e- mail,and phone correspondence. If your looking for a trail bike, check out the new Bulls e- core with electronic shifting and With shimano engine, 27.5 plus . Can't go wrong with either of these locations. Welcome to the forum and e biking.

Last edited:
@Jeff Kagy, not sure which dealers you found negative reviews about on this site; I recommend you go in person and check out each store and its staff and tech team and judge for yourself, there's not a shop in existence that hasn't had somebody have grumpy feelings about them and dump it on the internet. Sometimes people use our Forum to complain and don't always represent a full picture when they have an issue with a local shop or when they had a positive resolution. These only represent a small snippet about a shop's ability and integrity.

Look at all of the local options, then decide. Different shops may offer different product, too.

Definitely Welcome to our EBR Community! Let us know how the exploration goes :). And pictures, we all enjoy seeing your new ebike.

@Jeff Kagy, not sure which dealers you found negative reviews about on this site; I recommend you go in person and check out each store and its staff and tech team and judge for yourself, there's not a shop in existence that hasn't had somebody have grumpy feelings about them and dump it on the internet. Sometimes people use our Forum to complain and don't always represent a full picture when they have an issue with a local shop or when they had a positive resolution. These only represent a small snippet about a shop's ability and integrity.

Look at all of the local options, then decide. Different shops may offer different product, too.

Definitely Welcome to our EBR Community! Let us know how the exploration goes :). And pictures, we all enjoy seeing your new ebike.
Hello, I am from China, my English is not good, so my English is translated from Google. I am now working on a company that produces electric bikes. If you have good ideas about electric bikes, please email me. Thank you.

Hi Jeff,
I did the same search couple yrs. back . The search is pretty intense but pays of if you do it right. These will be great folks to start with . Both deal in high end bikes. And superb follow up if needed.

I would head to Propel e bikes , Brooklyn. If I was on a dealer hunt on the east coast. Best quality. E bike selection that I know of near you. Good luck . KTM headquaters is good to deal with out of Miami I believe. 57 e - bike models ! Lycan Macina e mtb with Bosch performance cx is a superb ride. Both are great with e- mail,and phone correspondence. If your looking for a trail bike, check out the new Bulls e- core with electronic shifting and With shimano engine, 27.5 plus . Can't go wrong with either of these locations. Welcome to the forum and e biking.

Robie- I think the new Bulls e- core with electronic shifting and With shimano engine, 27.5 plus will not be available until 2018 along with the Bulls Evo Carbon.
Looks like the electro shifting and the shimano engine received some high marks. Bulls is now using, Brose', Bosch and Shimano engines! How great is that for selection! Love it!

@Jeff Kagy,
I'm also in the Boston area. I've dealt with both the E Bikes of New England (online and in person) and Propel Bikes (online only). They're both great!

I bought an older model Focus Aventura from Chris at Propel and the bike came very well packaged. I only dealt with Chris and his brother and they're both knowledgeable and helpful in my bike selection. The only reservation I had at the time was that I didn't get a chance to test ride the bike before it came.

I have been E Bikes of NE in Londonderry and spoke to Paul the owner there. He and his wife were both nice folks and they were very helpful as well. I was there to purchase a Body Float suspension seat post. They have a big selection of ebikes there (Stromer, Bulls, Raleigh, Haibike, etc.) If you get a chance, definitely check them out.

Also, if you're still in the process of choosing brand and can go out to Burlington, check out Cycle Loft. They sell Kalkhoff/Focus ebikes. It's not too far out and you get a chance to test out the bike(s) in person.

Good luck with your search!

Back