Daymak Vienna

Gramps

Hi! I just joined. I've had numerous ebikes, but I'm considering buying a Daymak Vienna. I'm curious to get people's thoughts and opinions. It's primarily for road commuting about 25 miles round-trip. Thanks!

This is a low-speed e-motorcycle pretending to be an ebike, some cops are taking issue with this.
It is also very heavy 180 lbs. Pedaling these devices is next to impossible.

I own a couple emopeds and I discovered that if you are planning to commute on the roads with cars you better have enough power to sustain a top speed matching the highest speed limit of the streets you are planning to ride on. Otherwise you will be an obstacle for cars just trying to get around you. I believe you need to have at least a 3000 watt drive system and I'm not sure the Vienna has that performance level.

What I discovered is that a powerful ebike with a top speed in the 45 to 55kph is a much better commuting solution because you don't have to be on the road with cars, you'll get a little exercise, and have a much greater range from whatever battery capacity you have (I would suggest something in the 600 to 1Kwh for your round trip commute.

Daymak tends to sell lower cost mopeds and ebikes that don't tend to be good transportation-grade solutions.

This is a low-speed e-motorcycle pretending to be an ebike, some cops are taking issue with this.
It is also very heavy 180 lbs. Pedaling these devices is next to impossible.

Thank you for the input. I was wondering about the quality of the bike itself. I've had 3 previous ebikes and enjoy them. I'm more curious about the quality and performance of this particular ebikes.

Geese....I just reviewed the specs on the Vienna - 500W drive system and lead acid batteries. That is a toy not something you can take seriously for commuting. You would be killed on this thing on any road besides using it around a golf retirement community. Most ebikes will outperform this emoped.

Daymak tends to sell lower cost mopeds and ebikes that don't tend to be good transportation-grade solutions.
This has been my impression as well. Being a driver myself I know how annoying is to drag behind a small gas powered moped struggling in 30 mph zone, and Vienna can only do 20 mph.

Its 1700 WH battery is SLA, this means ~900 Ah usable charge, should be enough for 25-30 miles total trip (15 each way) on a flat surface, but not much more. To fully charge it after the ride will take all night, possibly longer, because of SLA chemistry. SLA charges fast up to 80% but the last 20% are slow, and it won't last long if you charge it to only 80-90% most of the time.

Last edited:
I don't know what ebike you have previously own but I found that the industry has pretty much focused on selling the EU compliant models in the US which I just feel lack the performance to be true transportation-grade products. A few ebike branks like Frey and FLX have ebikes that are close to being great commuting ebikes but still seem to be products designed by cyclists for cyclists.

I think the only way to know what is needed for an ebike to be an effecting commuting solution you have to have ridden seriously for a few months.

I don't know what ebike you have previously own but I found that the industry has pretty much focused on selling the EU compliant models in the US which I just feel lack the performance to be true transportation-grade products. A few ebike branks like Frey and FLX have ebikes that are close to being great commuting ebikes but still seem to be products designed by cyclists for cyclists.

I think the only way to know what is needed for an ebike to be an effecting commuting solution you have to have ridden seriously for a few months.

I bought the lithium ion battery and am changing it for the spa. This should increase range and speed?

Speed depends on motor and controller, not on whether the battery is lithium or SLA.

Range depends on the battery WH rating - and on the speed too. The slower you go the farther you'll get. They claim 40 miles range on Vienna but I doubt it will get that far at 20 mph speed in real life conditions.

Speed depends on motor and controller, not on whether the battery is lithium or SLA.

Range depends on the battery WH rating - and on the speed too. The slower you go the farther you'll get. They claim 40 miles range on Vienna but I doubt it will get that far at 20 mph speed in real life conditions.

Hi. Could someone please resend the information how make your Daymak go faster through the app by disabling or reconfiguring it? Thank you

Back