Cross Current

@Tora Harris the specs are looking great, is the downtube on this production version slightly lower than that of the demos or is it just my imagination? Any word on how many bikes, sizes, and colors will make it to particular shops? I put a deposit down in October 2015 and don't have a definite answer from the shop on what color, battery or frame size option will be available. I really really want to lock down the 10.4 battery so that if my shop isn't able to get many one will be mine.

Might be an optical illusion with the different battery sizes & the moving of the rear brake cable from the top tube to the down tube. Or just a larger L or XL.
It is not clear what you mean. But the image is of a XL frame.

@Tora Harris would you please explain 'throttle ready'. Optional feature but only for the Class 1 & 2 Display choice? I don't see it included on the order form, nor did I find the Class 1/2 preference. Last Q relating to the order: Guesstimate on when it will again be possible to order the 10.4 battery? Thanks. Very exciting project!

Later Edit: Wish I'd seen Juiced's Blog before posting this, which you can find at (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) There's a pretty thorough description of both the 'Class versatility' of the CC and also the answer to one of my Q's above. Here's its summary:
"So to recap:
The CrossCurrent ships as a Class 3 e-bike with 28 mph top speed right out of the box - which is what everyone wants anyway. You will have the option to get a Class 1 display and/or a throttle, but the limit by law must be then set to 20 mph as long as the Class 1 display is used."

Notice the "and/or" reference to the throttle. I read that to mean that one can can order the Class 3 CC with an optional throttle component. Plug in the throttle and be Class 2 limited but also remove the throttle and get the higher speed capability of a Class 3. What a clever approach.

I'm still left with my other two Q's: I don't see these ordering options on-line at Juiced, probably because the initial production run was all done the same way to fill the initial pipeline. So when might we see the throttle option offered and when will a 10.4 battery again be available?

Last edited:
There is now a thumb throttle vs. the originally planned 1/2 twist throttle which interferers too much with the gear shifting. We have worked really hard on this. The controller's software will compare on the fly which input with result in the greater action. Basically the throttle now does exactly what is most intuitive. You can mount it right or left. Yes! in S-pedelec 28mph mode, or any other mode the throttle works exactly the same to avoid confusion as you will develop "muscle memory" with the throttle option.

We have a smart ambidextrous thumb-throttle option paired with specifically programmed algorithms to interact seamlessly with the torque sensor. This detail was skipped over in the design of many e-bikes, resulting in a throttle that’s non-functional when the torque sensor is in use or vice versa.

The throttle, of course, works at zero motor rpm which helps to get going from a stand-still when starting in the wrong gear, which happens to the best of us from time to time. The throttle is limited to 20 mph and 8 Amps, in compliance with all regulations
The 10.4 Ah packs are sold out. We will provide an update when more will arrive.

Any idea when one will be available for independent review? I'm anxious to read about it.
I can't say with 100% certainty that this is independent, but I found this one a while back. This would have to have been a demo prior to the run of productuon models, i'd expect some indoe review within the next two to three weeks. Im hoping to have my bike within 1-2 weeks. Then id likely want to ride it for a week or 2 before writing a review and assume other early adopters of this make and model would take a little while with the bike before reviewing it as well. http://bikesfornoreason.blogspot.com/2016/02/2016-juiced-cross-current.html?m=1

I have that set up on my Neo Carbon. It works very well!!
I got the bike and the bike is great, more info on that soon, I want to get a.few.more rides in first. Unfortunately the set up was to narrow around the hub, I am thinking about trying to take a dremel to the rack to see if I can modify it to fit.

Can't wait to read about your experience with the bike after you've had a chance to ride it a bit. The setup you refer to in your post, is it a rack? Are you planning to install fenders? I live in Pacific Northwest, so fenders are a must for much of the year.

I got the bike and the bike is great, more info on that soon, I want to get a.few.more rides in first. Unfortunately the set up was to narrow around the hub, I am thinking about trying to take a dremel to the rack to see if I can modify it to fit.
Waiting to see how well they will do on hills.

Back