Cross Current

@JoePah I don't have it yet, it is scheduled for April. I was able to ride a demo cross current though and I'm kinda obsessive about it. I started paying on the bike with the smaller battery, but I hope to upgrade to the larger battery.

I am guessing that the torques sensor assist, is when the non human power assistance kicks in, I am not sure about the technical term. It felt smooth and transitioned speeds nicely when switching between assist levels staying in the same gear.

The bike has a slight hum, but it didn't bug me. Unfortunately I don't have much of a basis of comparison. I also tried the odd juiced bike. I hated the throttle style assist. It wasn't just intuitive and fun to me like the cross current. Hopefully that is semi- helpful.

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered (but I didn't see it in this thread at least)...

Will users be able to upgrade (quick swap out) between the 7.8 Ah or 10.4 Ah and the 23.4 Ah (when it is available)? It makes a purchase now of the 10.4Ah look very attractive if there would be an easy future upgrade to the super extended battery!

Great looking bike...

Will users be able to upgrade (quick swap out) between the 7.8 Ah or 10.4 Ah and the 23.4 Ah (when it is available)? It makes a purchase now of the 10.4Ah look very attractive if there would be an easy future upgrade to the super extended battery!

Yes but the bigger batteries will bulge out of the frame more so it won't look as sleek.

The CrossCurrent frames are getting made now...

Looks like a missed opportunity to internally route the downtube cables unless there wasn't enough room in the extrusion or the opening needed would've compromised the frame structurally.

Looks like a missed opportunity to internally route the downtube cables unless there wasn't enough room in the extrusion or the opening needed would've compromised the frame structurally.
The cables can run inside the tube, its designed for that. However 1. We use the hydraulic disc brakes which are difficult to route inside the frame. 2. We wanted to make the bike very easy to service and internal cable routing can be insanely difficult to deal with without the right tools. So it trades a little in looks for big improvements in serviceability.

We are now testing some production parts builds of the CrossCurrent to verify the actual production materials are within spec. We have scheduled the production next week and hope to get the bikes out to sea by the end of the month.

Here the unpainted CC is running with a 10.4 Ah pack up to 28mph and maintaining the high speeds with in-saddle peddling.

We are now testing some production parts builds of the CrossCurrent to verify the actual production materials are within spec. We have scheduled the production next week and hope to get the bikes out to sea by the end of the month.

Here the unpainted CC is running with a 10.4 Ah pack up to 28mph and maintaining the high speeds with in-saddle peddling.
Tora, With in-saddle peddling will a person be able to climb a 10-15 degree hill comfortably? Thanks

We have tried it and it is possible.

Lenny, Thanks for your reply. Just looking for a simple nice looking bike that will get me up those hills comfortably. The other bike I'm considering is the Ride Scoozy. They are coming out at the end of May with updated bikes that might do the trick. I do not need all the techno gadgetry, just the help up the hills. Thanks again. Tom

We tried a few different racks. And most of them do work. We have standard finder and rack stays mount points.

Wonder how 499Wh it'll compare to my Bionx 350w 26" wheeled bike. Depending on conditions I use anywhere from 60% (pedal assist lvl 2 calm day) to 100% (pedal assist lvl 1& 2 mix fighting wind) of the 355Wh battery to go 16.5 miles one way. It would be nice if I didn't have to carry a charger every day to work as I do now. It'll be sweet though if I could cut the commute to under 50min one way.

All it needs are fenders (the Suntour fork should have mounting point for one), a rear rack (wonder if a extra long one like the Jannd Expedition will be needed for heel strike), a bike computer (cycle analyst?), a kickstand, and maybe clipless pedals (type with flats/clip combo).

Back