Cross Current

The wiring connector above the the battery latch had come loose. My shop fixed it in about 15 min so I can't complain. I think maybe they didn't leave enough slack on the cable the last time they replaced the controller.

Have you had repeat failures and replacements of controller?

No issues using Sport mode for 16 miles one way in relatively flat Chicago area. One to two bars left for this distance with a 10.4 so 60%-80% drain. You can work pretty hard in Sport mode trying stay above 26mph. I actually wish there was a little more power (500w?) to help maintain sport mode speeds when dealing with with headwinds.

Hi Youth-I live in the Chicago area also and will be purchasing this bike in the step thru model. I am also considering getting the optional throttle and new LCD interface as an upgrade. Do you recommend this bike? How many miles do you have on yours and any major complaints with performance? Thank in advance!

Have you had repeat failures and replacements of controller?

My shop has replaced the controller twice under warranty. I also had one rear spoke replaced under warranty. Keep in mind my bike is one year old with over 5k miles. My shop tends to just replace parts rather than troubleshoot the issue so I'm not sure if the second replacement was a bad controller or just a loose connection. As a consumer I look at it more from the customer service side. Every issue I've had with the bike has been repaired within one day and my shop always offer a loaner bike. That's better service than I get on my more expensive carbon fiber road bikes.

Hi Youth-I live in the Chicago area also and will be purchasing this bike in the step thru model. I am also considering getting the optional throttle and new LCD interface as an upgrade. Do you recommend this bike? How many miles do you have on yours and any major complaints with performance? Thank in advance!

I'm on the fence about recommending the bike without local support. I've had several issues & while they've all been resolved so far through part replacements. The 1-2 week wait between troubleshooting & shipping really hurts me since I rely on the CC as my main mode of transportation. My commute is 33 miles 5 days/week & I've accumulated over 6800 miles since getting the bike.

As for performance it would be nice if the motor could provide more power because 28mph isn't very sustainable for long unless you're a pro rider. A steady 24-25 mph is more manageable on the highest assist.

I'm on the fence about recommending the bike without local support. I've had several issues & while they've all been resolved so far through part replacements. The 1-2 week wait between troubleshooting & shipping really hurts me since I rely on the CC as my main mode of transportation. My commute is 33 miles 5 days/week & I've accumulated over 6800 miles since getting the bike.

As for performance it would be nice if the motor could provide more power because 28mph isn't very sustainable for long unless you're a pro rider. A steady 24-25 mph is more manageable on the highest assist.
Thanks Youth-I do not have local support nearby, so I'll have to re-evaluate and see what my options are. That is a lot of miles on a commuter really put to the test. I was interested in also purchasing the LCD interface, but now Luis from Juiced tells me that the advanced settings are not accurate and they have not released the unit for sale until their engineers can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. I am more of a weekend warrior rider, so more for rec than commute for me. Juiced C/S sounds pretty reliable judging from the posts though. Ride safe!!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I have been following for about a year, bit this is my first post. I just had a question about Juiced Bikes that I wanted to ask. My girlfriend ordered me a refurbished Cross Current last Saturday and received an order confirmation email that stated that they were getting it ready for shipment and would notify once it shipped. Then 5 days later we received an email stating "Sorry, we ran out of medium Cross Currents". Needless to say I was more than a little let down. This was going to be my first e-bike and I was really looking forward to it. I just wanted to get some input from some of you guys that have had dealings with Juiced. I'm a little surprised that the order was accepted and her card charged and we waited and then got that email 5 days later. Really bummed.

That sucks, says "In Stock" as of May 10th: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I have noticed Juiced does not keep up with their dates and sometimes it is very confusing. I was going to order the Hyperfat but decided against it because at the time it was confusing to when the actual delivery time is. Now it seems to be a bit more clear on the site but I don't trust it right now.

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I have been following for about a year, bit this is my first post. I just had a question about Juiced Bikes that I wanted to ask. My girlfriend ordered me a refurbished Cross Current last Saturday and received an order confirmation email that stated that they were getting it ready for shipment and would notify once it shipped. Then 5 days later we received an email stating "Sorry, we ran out of medium Cross Currents". Needless to say I was more than a little let down. This was going to be my first e-bike and I was really looking forward to it. I just wanted to get some input from some of you guys that have had dealings with Juiced. I'm a little surprised that the order was accepted and her card charged and we waited and then got that email 5 days later. Really bummed.

Samgee-
Yes, I had a an experience with Luis from Juiced. I also asked about the refurbs they had for $200.00 less than a new model, 1st he said he had them, then they did not have a CC stepthru in a Med. He ultimately recommended that I buy a NEW bike. They also sent me requested photos of the refurbs. They were caught in a fire with ONLY smoke damage and any stainless part (spokes, chain some screws etc) was affected, but the paint is in perfect shape. They looked fine to me and looks like they needed a little steel wool to get the smoke residue off the bike parts. No biggie. He stated they have 100s of orders going out and sometimes difficult to track inventory of refurbs. I get that. I think they may be backed up and are still sorting out inventory issues. Perhaps read all 23 pages of known issues before placing an order. I never placed an order and still on the fence whether to do so. Still shopping. Looks like the owner (Tora) is very passionate about the business though. Some nice bikes for the $$ IMHO! Happy shopping and good luck!

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate the info and will continue to look for more feedback from others as I decide what I am going to do. I can certainly understand and appreciate the challenge with all the orders they received. What I am having a hard time reconciling is taking the order, charging it, sending an email stating that we are preparing to ship it and then almost a week later receiving an email saying sorry we ran out of stock of mediums! If I had not received confirmation I wouldn'thave had any expectations. They offered me a large which probably wouldn'twork since I am 5'9. The other bikes mentioned in the email were the Ocean Current and 350 which I have no interest in. I have seen Tora in videos on the site and in reviews on EBR. He seems like a stand up guy and it seems like a good company. I'm going to try to contact them after the holiday. I hope we can work something out. My girlfriend already had some reservations about ordering, which I had put to rest by ensuring her they were legit. Now she's in my ear about a bait and switch, (yada,yada) which I am sure is not the case. I have a few friends at home and at the campus looking forward to seeing the bike so hopefully we figure it out.

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate the info and will continue to look for more feedback from others as I decide what I am going to do. I can certainly understand and appreciate the challenge with all the orders they received. What I am having a hard time reconciling is taking the order, charging it, sending an email stating that we are preparing to ship it and then almost a week later receiving an email saying sorry we ran out of stock of mediums! If I had not received confirmation I wouldn'thave had any expectations. They offered me a large which probably wouldn'twork since I am 5'9. The other bikes mentioned in the email were the Ocean Current and 350 which I have no interest in. I have seen Tora in videos on the site and in reviews on EBR. He seems like a stand up guy and it seems like a good company. I'm going to try to contact them after the holiday. I hope we can work something out. My girlfriend already had some reservations about ordering, which I had put to rest by ensuring her they were legit. Now she's in my ear about a bait and switch, (yada,yada) which I am sure is not the case. I have a few friends at home and at the campus looking forward to seeing the bike so hopefully we figure it out.

No prob Samgee-I am surprised that a large will not fit you @5'9". I am 5'5" and a medium is perfect with a 30 inch inseam. A step thru is always another option in a large also. The other concern is if you have issues, and you do not have a dealer nearby, you would have to get replacement parts from the mfg and swap them out which may be a 2 week turnaround time. If the bike is used daily, that could be challenging. AT that price point, you will need to weigh the cost compared to possible unforseen issues. At least you are not dropping 3-4Gs on a bike to start. Happy shopping though!

Juiced is a good company that makes a good product, overall I love my early generation cross current. In my experience though they do not do a good job with timeline or consistent information. For example, initially they listed a small frame bike, all that info disappeared. Then more recently I tried to order an upgraded lcd display. Supposedly releasing in May. I followed up with a support ticket to ask about it and was told to expect to hear something very soon. I never did, now may is over. I fully trust that I will receive a quality product, but I won't hold my breath on any timeline I receive from the company at this point.

Juiced is a good company that makes a good product, overall I love my early generation cross current. In my experience though they do not do a good job with timeline or consistent information. For example, initially they listed a small frame bike, all that info disappeared. Then more recently I tried to order an upgraded lcd display. Supposedly releasing in May. I followed up with a support ticket to ask about it and was told to expect to hear something very soon. I never did, now may is over. I fully trust that I will receive a quality product, but I won't hold my breath on any timeline I receive from the company at this point.

the aggravatedjew-
The LCD interface, has issues: The advanced settings are not accurate and they have not released the unit for sale until their engineers can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. No telling when they will be released. I spoke to them and they had no ETA at this time. Sounds like they are being bogged down with too many orders and they do not have enough manpower to keep up with demand IMHO. There are a lot of inaccuracies with inventory and availability. Perhaps we may need to give them some time to sort it out. I like your member name, but I personally am not aggravated about jews. They are nice people. LOL;)

I found with most of these small ebike companies especially when selling pre-orders, that they don't deliver on time in almost all instances. If it has to be pre-ordered with money fronted, spec'ed, built in China, shipped to the USA and then shipped to you, then those logistics are difficult to nail down and most companies are overly ambitious on the timelines.

No prob Samgee-I am surprised that a large will not fit you @5'9". I am 5'5" and a medium is perfect with a 30 inch inseam. A step thru is always another option in a large also.

I am 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I recommend the medium frame since the Cross Current fits big like a mountain bike frame. The problem with going with the large frame is that there is a limit to how short of a stem you can find to shorten the reach. With the medium frame you can always get a longer stem if it's a bit small (which I doubt based on my experience.) One thing to keep in mind with the step-thru frame is that it limits you to the 500Wh battery. For me personally the 835Wh battery has transformed the utility of the Cross Current so I wouldn't want to be limited to the smaller batteries.

Back