Crazy Lenny retires, again.

I wish Lenny a happy and blessed, well-earned retirement with hopes that his ebike business survives and thrives into a future without his leadership. Lots of people populating this forum, riding a bike from his store, myself included. That happened to be one of the best moves I ever made, contacting Lenny's crew to inquire about an H-bike FatSix they had advertised.... I imagine he had to have been the biggest Haibike dealer in the USA, back when it seemed that H-Bike had over 20-30 different models in their lineup. Now, Haibike has shrunken itself right out of the US market and now, this news. Sigh.....

I recall of reading about @Ravi Kempaiah's record setting ride, accomplished with Lenny, on hand. Hopefully he will chime in with a few words about working with Lenny and what his business meant to this country coming onboard to the idea of ebikes.

I’ve never met the man or been in one of his stores, but he has certainly got a selling history, and his name, I suppose one could say, is a household name amongst Madisonites.

Local lady here has purchased both her ebikes from his store- one of them a pretty high-end Stromer.

Back in 2015, we drove 200 miles to see Crazy Lenny. Met him too. His guys sold us an ebike. He'll probably find something else to sell in a year or two.

I wish Lenny a happy and blessed, well-earned retirement with hopes that his ebike business survives and thrives into a future without his leadership. Lots of people populating this forum, riding a bike from his store, myself included. That happened to be one of the best moves I ever made, contacting Lenny's crew to inquire about an H-bike FatSix they had advertised.... I imagine he had to have been the biggest Haibike dealer in the USA, back when it seemed that H-Bike had over 20-30 different models in their lineup. Now, Haibike has shrunken itself right out of the US market and now, this news. Sigh.....

I recall of reading about @Ravi Kempaiah's record setting ride, accomplished with Lenny, on hand. Hopefully he will chime in with a few words about working with Lenny and what his business meant to this country coming onboard to the idea of ebikes.

Len was truly one of a kind.
I am grateful for all the wonderful things he has done for me personally and in popularizing the E-bike product. When he started in 2013, E-bikes were super niche and nobody knew about them.
Still vividly remember all the times I visited him and he was so passionate about this product. He single-handedly helped many new companies sell their bikes in the mid-west and build their market presence. At 80, he has done enough and is looking to spend some time with kids and grandchildren. Just wished him a happy retirement.

Hey Ravi, do you have a link to the file of that ride you did through the Blue Ridge Parkway on the Stromer? I’d love to see that again.

I’ve never met the man or been in one of his stores, but he has certainly got a selling history, and his name, I suppose one could say, is a household name amongst Madisonites.

Local lady here has purchased both her ebikes from his store- one of them a pretty high-end Stromer.

This was his warehouse back in the 1980's.
He used to purchase 100,000 bikes every season and a spin-off this operation led to the birth of a company called " Schwinn" and which later got amalgamated into Pacific Cycles --> dorel sports.
While having a facade of "crazy"ness, he was an astute marketer and understood the importance of "scaling".

1650838661268.png

Hey Ravi, do you have a link to the file of that ride you did through the Blue Ridge Parkway on the Stromer? I’d love to see that again.

Here you go, sir.

1650839231804.png

Brought 3 bikes at Lenny’s starting in Nov 2016. Never paid MSRP on any of them. One demo, and 2 new, old model years. Just saved me a ton of money. Visited with Len on the 2 first bikes, but not the third. Very easy to talk to, made you feel right at home. Enjoy the time off Len!

FFS it's not in the USA on ANY of my OS. It's a "nunyer" anyway. AND, no relevance for you or your negative crap.
1650954340557.png

You could think twice before you start offending other people. The persona of Lenny was known to me from these Forums, and I was interested in the article. I would not pay $1 to read a single article though. (PC Windows).

This should be a free site for the article:

I have known Lenny for decades as one of my IBM customers, going back to when he would give away free 10-speed bicycles with almost any appliance or piece of furniture purchased in his American TV stores. A thousand free bikes in a weekend. Several weekends in a row. He also gave away thousands of b&w TVs.

Lenny grew Madison into the bicycling capital with more bikes per capita at the time than any other city in the US. Thank you Lenny! You are a legend.

Back