could use some advice on my first e-bike

Yeah but the easy motion series doesn't have a 500 watt motor. As for the Stromer yeah I did consider it, it was my original choice but everyone seems to think it will be too heavy.

Yeah but the easy motion series doesn't have a 500 watt motor. As for the Stromer yeah I did consider it, it was my original choice but everyone seems to think it will be too heavy.
It's not all about the watts, geared hub motors offer torque at lower wattages. I think your comment An upgraded Dash probably refers to the brakes. I expect that by the time you sort that out you will have wished you got a Stromer. I'm probably selling my Dash, mostly for better brakes and frame (Haibike). 50 lbs, 60 lbs, both are heavy and you can pull the batteries to chip at the weight a bit. Handling a bike by the bars and brakes, or one hand on the brakes and another at the seatpost is effective for me, but may not work for everyone. Full brakes when dismounting the bike too btw. So when are you pulling the trigger? -S

As close to the 5th as possible, I get some extra money then and I NEED the transportation. I understand the difference, that it's about more than electrical wattage, that's simple physics, what I do need to know though is if I get a lower wattage in a geared system, what is it's gearless equivalent? Without gear ratios and stuff about the inner workings of a motor, it's hard to do that kind of calculation and to be honest I'm way too lazy anyhow. It's likely going to be one of the two - after checking my finances I decided I'd rather spend the extra bit of money I'd spend on a grace on new clothes or something. Anyhow, I'll go ride some regular bikes, some other e-bikes, and the stromer and the dash if I can find one...I'll probably have made my purchase by the 10th.

As close to the 5th as possible, I get some extra money then and I NEED the transportation. I understand the difference, that it's about more than electrical wattage, that's simple physics, what I do need to know though is if I get a lower wattage in a geared system, what is it's gearless equivalent? Without gear ratios and stuff about the inner workings of a motor, it's hard to do that kind of calculation and to be honest I'm way too lazy anyhow. It's likely going to be one of the two - after checking my finances I decided I'd rather spend the extra bit of money I'd spend on a grace on new clothes or something. Anyhow, I'll go ride some regular bikes, some other e-bikes, and the stromer and the dash if I can find one...I'll probably have made my purchase by the 10th.

As if you don't have enough of a decision... But have you considered a gently used demo bike? You may be able to get all that you want and at a price you can pay with a demo bike. You will get full warranty, about 1/3 off and if you purchase from a good dealer you shouldn't have any problems. With what you've listed as your wants you couldn't do much better than a Neo Jet for $2600 USD: http://longislandelectricbikes.com/demo-bikes/easy-motion-neo-jet-electric-bicycle.html

Other demo bikes:http://longislandelectricbikes.com/demo-bikes

There are some great deals! Call Long Island Electric Bikes, couldn't hurt. Hey with a demo you should have plenty of $$$'s left for:
new clothes or something

:D... :)

Wanted to add a few more comments. I wouldn't worry too much about the 350 versus 500 watt issue. They both will take you where you want to go fast.

For me, I prefer a step through bike. Just easier to get on and off especially with work clothes. The Stromer, Felt Sporte, Haibike touring, and EM Jet all have step through. I am sure there are others.

I really would not underestimate how difficult a Stromer would be to carry up 2 flights of stairs for a woman.

I used to go up 4 steps, the landing to a wide doorPIa , worse was turning in small living room I had and have a large. I never had both front wheel and rear wheel on a single step at the same time. A full stair well that is either tight where you cant get next to the bike but only in front or behind and/or a sharp turn are deal breakers for anyone

I live up a full flight of stairs, it's my body width plus one arm length in width, and has a rather small landing. I've got enough to place the bike or maneuver it once I'm inside the apartment. If that helps.

Back