Conversion Kit for Priority Classic 3 Speed w/ Gates Carbon Belt Drive and Shimano Nexus 3

byunbee

Is there an easy conversion kit for Priority Classic Bicycle with Gates Carbon Belt Drive and Shimano Nexus 3 gear set? It doesn't have to be high powered. Just something to commute to work at 20mph. The cost is a big factor and would like to keep it under $3-400 including motor, battery, and any additional parts.

This is probably a big ask and not so easy to do, but if anyone has done it, detailed information would be appreciated. Thanks.

1582350673017.png

See our site,

See our site,

I'm not sure if that comment on not being able to make pulleys is accurate any longer, or they now just demand a license fee. I saw someone is making a custom pulley for the Sur-Ron on cnc for their belt-drive kit.

Last edited:
Thanks. Licensing is expensive. If it’s Lunacycle making them they are copy cats on a number of products.

I did this kinda of thing with a folding TERN Si8. It has a belt drive and 8 speed belt drive Alfina hub. Search this forum and you will find my postings on this subject. Lots of information there but I would recommend you go to GRIN techologies and look at their Bafang 311 front hub kit. (ebikes.com or ca ...not sure at the moment).

Go to their site and get educated about the EV options available to you. This is a firm run by a bunch of mechanical engineers and is very informative. I learned lots from reading their postings regarding converting your bike to an EV.

The only concern I would have with your choice of bike is it doesn't have disc brakes. Even though the 311 motor is only 250 Watts, I think having disc brakes is essential for safety. Just my thoughts.

BTW you are not going to be able to do this within your budget ($300-$400)....

Back