Como vs Vado- HELP!

It looks like they also offer the bike in a carbon (looks more blue to me) / black (battery) / liquid silver (lettering). I like being different so this is what I would pick:

1587259447072.png
1587259495646.png
1587259532819.png

Yes- but I think that color is out of stock. I still think I prefer the Dove Gray regardless...but all 3 colors are appealing.

Yes- but I think that color is out of stock. I still think I prefer the Dove Gray regardless...but all 3 colors are appealing.
I've noticed that lots of Specialized ebikes go out of stock quickly. Was at Cit-E-Cycles the other day in Vancouver, and I saw an inventory screen with just a few bikes available for each model. Maybe that's just in Canada? Excited about their new stuff and a big fan of both Vado and Como. Good luck, @MAPC

Seems like carbon is in stock unless you are XL.

1587260785218.png

I wish it were glossier like the 5.0 that court reviewed.

That color is absolutely stunning and really sparked in the images. That said, you never can tell from stock pictures. I wasn't a fan of the dove white but have to say it looks much better in user pictures than the specialized website. If you prefer the white I think you have your answer. Always go with first impression and I've noticed you're rooting for white. ;)

Seems like carbon is in stock unless you are XL.

View attachment 50206

I wish it were glossier like the 5.0 that court reviewed.

That color is absolutely stunning and really sparked in the images. That said, you never can tell from stock pictures. I wasn't a fan of the dove white but have to say it looks much better in user pictures than the specialized website. If you prefer the white I think you have your answer. Always go with first impression and I've noticed you're rooting for white. ;)
Yes. Website shows available but LBS said they don’t show in Specialized inventory.

For the record, I ordered my Vado directly off Specialized's web site. This was after I checked with my closest shop and confirmed they did not have one in my size in stock.

The LBS told me to go ahead and order it directly - During the Covid-19 issues Specialized was giving LBS's the same margin whether the shop ordered it or the customer did.

For the record, I ordered my Vado directly off Specialized's web site. This was after I checked with my closest shop and confirmed they did not have one in my size in stock.

The LBS told me to go ahead and order it directly - During the Covid-19 issues Specialized was giving LBS's the same margin whether the shop ordered it or the customer did.
Yes- I heard that as well. I’m going to see him tomorrow am and place directly. If he can’t process for some reason I’ll do the online route as well.
When did you get yours? How long from order to arrival?

Last edited:
Yes- I heard trust as well. I’m going to see him tomorrow am and place directly. If he can’t process for some reason I’ll do the online route as well.
Don't ya love shoppin' with someone else's $$!

So Crimson it is?

I've worked with a number of architects and, in general, they could all stand to spice it up a bit. Just sayin'. Though at 70, I'd take everything I say with a grain of salt, as they say.

Yes- I heard trust as well. I’m going to see him tomorrow am and place directly. If he can’t process for some reason I’ll do the online route as well.
Order: 3/27 (Friday) around Noon
Ship: 3/30 (Monday)
Arrive at California bike shop: 4/2
Available assembled from bike shop (they were working with a skeleton staff due to COVID and I had told them 'no rush'): 4/8

Hopefully your local guy can process the order for the size/color you want tomorrow. Would be a real bummer if you had to order it directly, then on Monday Specialized emails you and says "sorry we don't have that in stock due to an issue with our inventory system."

Order: 3/27 (Friday) around Noon
Ship: 3/30 (Monday)
Arrive at California bike shop: 4/2
Available assembled from bike shop (they were working with a skeleton staff due to COVID and I had told them 'no rush'): 4/8

Hopefully your local guy can process the order for the size/color you want tomorrow. Would be a real bummer if you had to order it directly, then on Monday Specialized emails you and says "sorry we don't have that in stock due to an issue with our inventory system."
Yes. That would suck but I’d probably file it under ‘it wasn’t meant to be’.

I don’t have them all but I do have the trifecta of Vado, Levo and Creo!
I'm, technically speaking, jealous :D Don't need Creo or Levo but these are so perfect e-bikes!

Aerodynamics matter very little on a electric bike if you think about it.
I beg to differ, Katy. I have been riding my Vado all the time since November 1st 2019 (except December) and the Winter and early Spring have been marked with strong winds. More upright riding position costs you a lot of the battery charge; that's why I always carry a spare battery (US$925 extra cost). On rare windless days the range used to increase significantly. However, I cannot ride in the forward position. My position with the 3" stem riser is between forward and upright, giving me comfort but still allowing me to lean forward in case of very hard stopping wind gusts.

@MAPC have you checked out the right bike size based on the geometry?

Last edited:
I'm, technically speaking, jealous :D Don't need Creo or Levo but these are so perfect e-bikes!

I beg to differ, Katy. I have been riding my Vado all the time since November 1st 2019 (except December) and the Winter and early Spring have been marked with strong winds. More upright riding position costs you a lot of the battery charge; that's why I always carry a spare battery (US$925 extra cost). On rare windless days the range used to increase significantly. However, I cannot ride in the forward position. My position with the 3" stem riser is between forward and upright, giving me comfort but still allowing me to lean forward in case of very hard stopping wind gusts.

@MAPC have you checked out the right bike size based on the geometry?
Yes. I’m a Large.

The deal is DONE!

First a GIANT thank you to all on here who have guided me/tolerated me/laughed at (with) me/etc. through my overthinking of this purchase.

Ordered my Turbo Vado in Dove Gray/Black/Liquid Silver, Size L. Will possibly have it by next weekend, if not early into the following week.

Also- thanks to Eddy at Danny's Cycles for his help.

Weather is awesome here- hopefully it is wherever you all are as well. Now for a ride on my old Cannondale mechanical bike, since I am in the biking mood. :)

The deal is DONE!

First a GIANT thank you to all on here who have guided me/tolerated me/laughed at (with) me/etc. through my overthinking of this purchase.

Ordered my Turbo Vado in Dove Gray/Black/Liquid Silver, Size L. Will possibly have it by next weekend, if not early into the following week.

Also- thanks to Eddy at Danny's Cycles for his help.

Weather is awesome here- hopefully it is wherever you all are as well. Now for a ride on my old Cannondale mechanical bike, since I am in the biking mood. :)
Congratulations!

...but the majority voted for Crimson...😎

Back