Como vs Vado- HELP!

Just remove the existing seat-post from the seat tube (make a mark how deep the post was inserted) and measure that. Remember the seat-post needs to be inserted into the seat tube for at least the "minimum insertion length".

@MAPC! My Kinekt 2.1 is the short one (350 mm). I'm 5'8".
1592077061554.png

I’ll try to find some tools (yes, I know that I need them!) and take it off and measure.
From what I recall it is set as low as it will go.

Last edited:
I’ll try to find some tools (yes, I know that I need them!) and take it off and measure.
From what Irecall it is set as low as it will go.
A basic bike tool is a good idea but in my mind a flat kit is even more important. I had 3 flats on my Vado before I (finally) installed tire liners/thorn strips as I have done for all my other bikes.

I know my strengths (few) and weaknesses (alas, many). One of the latter is my mechanical ability. If I get a flat, I am calling AAA. :)
I wish you good cellphone coverage and credit card acceptance.

Thank you. Generally good reception where I ride, and my AAA covers up to 3 service calls per year for a bicycle. If I have more than 3 flats a year, I probably have a bigger problem! ;)
Cell coverage is very spotty here. And even in normal times resturants often wont take credit cards, all the bike shopsd locally do, but there still are cash only shops around.

Would i likely want the shorter or taller version? Hard to know as I’ve never replaced a seat post before .
From what I recall it is set as low as it will go.

No tools needed presently. IIRC your Vado is size L so your seatpost is 400mm like mine (size XL Vado).
I'm out to even mark 8 of the seatpost line-up. And yet I did choose the short 350mm version of Kinekt 2.1 and it fits fine.

So if your seatpost is set low currently it would be no use to choose the longer 420mm Kinekt seatpost. You might even have to cut off a piece (you know where to find your metalsaw, don't you? ;) )

Thank you. Generally good reception where I ride, and my AAA covers up to 3 service calls per year for a bicycle. If I have more than 3 flats a year, I probably have a bigger problem! ;)
My record is 3 flats - in a day...😎

Does the Como have a headlight and taillight? I don't think it does. I picked the Vado for this reason, in case I'm late getting back from a ride, I'll have lights.

Does the Como have a headlight and taillight? I don't think it does. I picked the Vado for this reason, in case I'm late getting back from a ride, I'll have lights.
Depends on the Como model, the Como 2 did not come with lighting.

I like my Vado lighting for daylight running lights, but it's just not bright enough for evening or night time riding. I add a handle bar mounted 800lm headlamp and a 150lm tail light for these conditions. Others have posted that they use even brighter lights.

Como 3 and 4 both come with running lights powered by the main battery. Not bright enough to be able to see well enough for night riding or tunnels, but very visible to traffic.

Just adding my own 2 cents on the Como vs. Vado questions. I've owned a 2017 Vado for three years and love it. I recently test rode a friend's Como, and I don't think the riding positions are that different. To me, the most material distinction is the front suspension on my Vado. If you plan to ride fast, the cracks and bumps in the pavement or trail can give your wrists a beating. The suspension is a real life saver for me.

Just adding my own 2 cents on the Como vs. Vado questions. I've owned a 2017 Vado for three years and love it. I recently test rode a friend's Como, and I don't think the riding positions are that different. To me, the most material distinction is the front suspension on my Vado. If you plan to ride fast, the cracks and bumps in the pavement or trail can give your wrists a beating. The suspension is a real life saver for me.
Your Vado might be the 2018 model bought in 2017, as the 2017 Vado came with a rigid fork. Mine is equipped with 2" tyres, and I've added the suspension handlebars and suspension seat-post. I don't need the suspension fork at all!

Your Vado might be the 2018 model bought in 2017, as the 2017 Vado came with a rigid fork. Mine is equipped with 2" tyres, and I've added the suspension handlebars and suspension seat-post. I don't need the suspension fork at all!

Stefan, I think you may be correct. I purchased the Vado in late October, 2017, and was told it was a 2018 model. Until I read your comment I thought they were just making me feel better about the bike being delivered 5 months late, and didn't realize there was a difference between the 2017 and 2018 models. Thanks for the info!

Back