Chili Verde

I can precisely replicate Lucy´s green chili. but to share it I´ve had to compromise & use a lot less
pepper & grease to appease gringo tastes. Hers is still the best I´ve found among a myriad sources.
with T-Jos a close second. I´d weigh 500 pds if I ate hers on a regular basis. itś sorta like Johnny
Depp wanting to kill the guy who makes the best slow roast pork. Some things are just too good.
I recall ordering a bowl of green at a Jalasco´s that arrived made with split pea soup, gag!

Last edited:
It's not green, but I have a friend who makes "beanless" chilli. It's kinda like watered down sloppy joes. Not for me, but apparently it's a thing now.
I make Cincinnati chilli (with pasta) and white chilli (without tomatoes or beef), but that's as far away from normal chilli as I will go.
Sounds incredibly wimpy. Pasta? Really?

Sounds incredibly wimpy. Pasta? Really?
Look at any of the super bowl chill recipes.
Half a bowl of spaghetti in the bottom, then half a bowl of chill con carnie, then topped with a mound of shredded cheese.
Cincinnati Chilli or Skyline Chilli. It's a real thing in the East.

While others were yelling at TVs and stuffing themselves with chili dip I fixed up an old bike. Now it flies. It looked like a POS and was barely operable.

Attachments

• DSCF9322.JPG
    DSCF9322.JPG
    623.6 KB · Views: 156
You missed a pretty good game!
Yes. As I said before, bikes beat talking football and politics. I tried to stream that game to my tablet since it's been years since I turned our TV.

No luck streaming so I followed it on News and Sports sites that showed clips of the big plays, and the players really did play a great game.

And my Cincinnati Chilli was pretty good as well ...

Austin Powers was the highlight…I’ve watched the ad online multiple times…just like the movies to the astonishment of those around me

I was listening to a hour plus of Aretha. While the world was Hopping. She is so good. Pitch perfect and can weave.

Never watch the "Superbowl",I assume the good Folks hereabouts know the story of IPA and why it can be so shall we say"loud"?Love the Ladies that can sing it was a tragedy about Linda Ronstadt, speaking of range Axle Rose supposedly has the greatest range. As far as Chili goes my youngest brother always doctors up the pork and beans at cookouts to something that resembles chili,I like spicy chili, not agony chili.

Never watch the "Superbowl",I assume the good Folks hereabouts know the story of IPA and why it can be so shall we say"loud"?Love the Ladies that can sing it was a tragedy about Linda Ronstadt, speaking of range Axle Rose supposedly has the greatest range. As far as Chili goes my youngest brother always doctors up the pork and beans at cookouts to something that resembles chili,I like spicy chili, not agony chili.
Rose doesn't belong in the same sentence with Ronstadt. Just sayin...

I don't think I know why IPAs got "loud" ... I know it was developed for Englishmen stationed in India during the time of Windjammers, but why IPA brewers got into a race to make the most headshakingly bitter brews is a mystery to me.

Rap was cool for two weeks in '78 before IPA became a thing and people drank Blue Ribbon.

Back