Charger3 being built this week - new R&M owner in Vancouver BC

einstraus

I ordered my Charge3 from Cit E Cycle at the end of Aug. The original build date was for the end of October. Now today I see that the Charge3 is being built this week! Very exciting!
Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 13.39.43.png

Winstonc,
Congrats on your Charger3 receipt. Now quit posting to us and get out there and enjoy it............then come back and post your impressions. Ride-On

Roar Jäger

Ordered my Vario HS Charger 3 yesterday, trying to negotiate free or discounted airfreight, so I can receive sooner rather than later...
Looking forward to this SUV.

Received new Charger3 on Friday. Thankfully Vancouver's fall is still sunny so I am enjoying the first few days with this beast!
Received new Charger3 on Friday. Thankfully Vancouver's fall is still sunny so I am enjoying the first few days with this beast!
Nice !
HS or CX ? —625 watt hour ?
Is that a folding keyed alike lock on the down tube ?

She is a beauty. Are you aware of the supplemental Abus chain that plugs into the frame lock that came on your bike? It makes the frame lock way more secure as you can then attach it to a pole with a hardened chain. Here is a LINK

Also, if you are not already a member, please consider joining the Riese & Muller Facebook group. It is an international group of R&M owners and those interested in the bikes. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rieseandmuller

May your great new ride give you many miles and many smiles.

Last edited:
I just heard the BC provincial government is going to drop the 7% sales tax on e-bikes if they get a majority government. The 5% federal tax still applies and there are no taxes on bicycles. With an expensive R&M that a significant savings. I ordered a 2021 Mulitcharger Mixte and hoping this applies to my purchase.

Did complete the transaction or just a down payment? You could ask Citrus bikes what they think about this. Wondering if your timing will still OK so the total tax only applies once the delivery is completed. For me it’s about $641 difference.

I have paid about half if I remember correctly

It would be a nice “bonus“ but I’m not banking on it.

Are you aware of the supplemental Abus chain that plugs into the frame lock that came on your bike? It makes the frame lock way more secure as you can then attach it to a pole with a hardened chain. Here is a LINK
That looks interesting. Is that something that would also work on a SD? Where does it plug in?

Marc

congrats, i got exact same specs in luxembourg.
i have one question though, when you pedal without motor engaged, do you hear any noise while putting some effort to make bike push forward ? i was expecting total quiet operation but actually each time i turn the pedals i hear some gentle buzz each half turn from the motor area.

thx for info.

I ordered the Mulitcharger Mixte because of the cargo capacity and the bigger rear rack. The Charger GT 3 is OK if you want bigger tires (27.5 inch rims) but I I don't see the option available of the Multicharger models to change the wheels to 27.5 inches. Just curious why after years with 26ers you feel this way?

I have a couple of Tern's that have 20" and 24" wheels and honestly I do prefer the larger diameter. The ride feels more stable (simple physics) and its a heavier bike that contributes to its ride quality. This is subjective of course.

Back