Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

vincent713

Does anyone own this bike or have any knowledge of it? I like the specs and the fact it has dual suspension and able to fold makes it very attractive! I'm in the market for a foldable bike that I can take with me on my long distance trips or to a trail. I don't have a truck and I don't like messing with rear trunk rack. The price is affordable and I'm seriously considering it. Check it out and feel free to share your thoughts.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

MDVEQzEzRTk3ODJDRjM1M0IxMzc6ZDA1MWMzZWFhNDc0ODAzMTZlNGU2NDRhYzMzZmNhYTM6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Last edited:
After a lot of researching on ebikes, I went a head and ordered this Cemoto folding bike from Electrobikeworld.com. They gave me an option of gold or black in color, I opted for the gold. The big box arrived at my door within 4 business days, everything was neatly package with no damage. I had to install the front tire with quick release, tighten the handlebar stem using the tools that came with it and install the seat that also came with quick release. Pumped up the tires and the whole installation took about 15 minutes. My first impression? This thing is big, bold, beautiful and badass! I took the 36v lithium battery out of the frame using the included 2 keys to do a full charge, the battery can be charged on or off the bike. The key locks the battery into the frame. The bike folds in half with a pull of the latch and fits in the trunk of my Ford Focus. Took roughly 4 hours to charge the battery and I took her for a first ride. There is a button to activate the bike and 3 led lights turns on to indicate the battery life. First reaction was wow! This thing has a really nice kick to it and takes off very smooth, I got to maximum speed quickly and I'm 150lb. The pedal assist works great as they should and the twist throttle is power on demand at any given time. I did a 15 mile maiden ride and still had 2 led lights left when I got home. I love the dual suspension as going over bumps and cracks was smooth and painless. This bike got a lot of head turners and a few neighbor ask what kind of bike it was. My over all experience with this bike has been fantastic and I'm very happy I got this bike!
smile.gif
I ended up installing better seat and higher handlebar for a more upright sitting position, I'm more of a street cruiser than a mountain trail rider. I do on occasion, go off roading at a nearby field and can't wait to take it out. Enjoy the photos!

20150601_200829.jpg 20150601_200912.jpg 20150601_201012.jpg 20150601_201153.jpg 20150601_201204.jpg 20150601_201219.jpg 20150601_201330.jpg 20150601_201456.jpg 20150601_202058.jpg20150601_200829.jpg 20150601_200912.jpg 20150601_201012.jpg 20150601_201153.jpg 20150601_201204.jpg 20150601_201219.jpg 20150601_201330.jpg 20150601_200829.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently added usb headlight using the DC plug on the bike battery with a usb adapter. I can now charge my phone and run my headlight when I'm on the road.

20150601_201616.jpg led2.jpg led3.jpg

Thanks for posting this info Vincent. It helped me make my decision. I just placed an order for one of these in black. For $600 I think this should make a great first ebike. Do you have any pics of the LED display? Can it be upgraded to an LCD with more features? There isn't much information on the manufacturers website.

Where did you get the DC to USB cable?

Thanks for posting this info Vincent. It helped me make my decision. I just placed an order for one of these in black. For $600 I think this should make a great first ebike. Do you have any pics of the LED display? Can it be upgraded to an LCD with more features? There isn't much information on the manufacturers website.

Where did you get the DC to USB cable?

I got the DC plug here http://m.ebay.com

And lights here, I use speaker wires and hook up directly. Also bought an on/off switch from radio shack and install on the positive wire. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I'm out of town right now, will be back home on the weekend. Lcd I think there are some that will work but I don't have the link right now.

I ordered mine on eBay. I've noticed that the prices are dropping for ebikes on eBay lately.

curious how much this bike weighs and the dimensions when folded

wow, i dont see any listed for $600
do you have that ebay listing?

thank you

Last edited:
wow, electrobike world answered my questions just now
i emailed them 15 minutes ago, pretty impressive

bike weighs 55lbs which is pretty heavy for me
folded dimensions are 36inches by 17 inches

if there was one for $600 i would order it right now just to try it

Yeah the service from Electro Bike World is very helpful and usually respond quickly. The Cemoto bike is fairly light for an ebike compare to the average ebike that weighs between 60-70lb. It has a really nice solid feel to it. The custom DIY build ebikes usually weigh A LOT more due to the big battery and motor.
There is no such thing as $600 for this bike on ebay, I just check and they are selling this bike for $1399 + $60 for shipping. Electro Bike World is selling this bike for A LOT less.

Howdy!

Just ordered mine too! I was wondering if it comes with usual LCD display (mph, mile, assist level), if not, I think this one would work:
http://www.elifebike.com

Also, where did you buy the taller handlebar (nice job!), I was thinking also adding an adjustable riser
(are the cables long enough?)

Thx!

I am hoping I could buy the better controller from China ($47 - $51 using web link in my above post) with the LCD 861 display and swap the PAS sensor (12 poles) just by plugging everything in, as all the connectors seem to be the same?

LCD-861 controller specs:
36V 250W-350W 6Mosfets Controller with LCD 861 meter
- Voltage: 36V sensor Controller
- LCD: with LCD-861
- Lamp: Without Lamp
- Throttle Brake Grip: without throttle Brake Grip
- Speed sensor: with Speed sensor
- Twelve poles PAS: with Twelve poles PAS

Howdy!

It doesn't come with LCD display, only the LED battery life indicator. I added a bicycle computer for speedometer, odometer etc.
That controller with LCD package will work! I was thinking just getting the LCD and install it to the stock controller but not sure which wires I would use. This package will be a sure bet!

This is where I got my rise handlebar http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-BIK...BLACK-5-NEW-/301713629131?hash=item463f889fcb

I recommend you also get an adjustable stem to get a more comfortable upright seating position http://www.ebay.com

I didn't have to extend the cables as they were long enough. I'm thinking about adding a rear rack, the options are endless on this bike and it's a ton of fun!

basket.jpg
Nice find! Make sure you post some pictures of your Cemoto and accessories. I added a front basket I got from Walmart, this thing is very useful especially going to the supermarket. :)

basket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the newer LCD-861 controller may be the same 4-wire connector (along with another yellow sensor wire):

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

i like that more upright handlebar set up, could you post the link to that

and do you think it added any more weight to yours?

is that basket quickly removable or is it easy to fold the bike up with it on?

thanks for all your feedback on this

sorry just saw the link for the rise handlebar

just ordered my cemoto mountain bike, will post back with feedback at the end of the week when it gets here

i like that more upright handlebar set up, could you post the link to that

and do you think it added any more weight to yours?

is that basket quickly removable or is it easy to fold the bike up with it on?

thanks for all your feedback on this

The rise handle bar does not add much more weight to the bike.

5" rise handlebar http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-BIK...BLACK-5-NEW-/301713629131?hash=item463f889fcb

Adjustable stem http://www.ebay.com

The dual shock suspension already gives this bike a nice soft smooth ride but when I added in the soft gel seat I got from Walmart it made the bike becomes SUPER comfortable to ride.
The basket I got from Walmart as well, it came with hardware to quickly remove but I took off all the hardware and use zip tie to make it permanent. I can still fold the bike with the basket but keep in mind you'll need to loosen the handlebar to make it fit in the trunk. Just the 1 screw on the stem and takes only a few second to loosen.

Back